Why is Education Important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Education Important?

I tell my kids to get themselves a good education so that they will be able to escape their parents.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Guarantee your kids are going to get an education susie

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        Guarantee your kids are going to get an education susie
        You ain't kiddin'!

Comment

...as long as they learn how to pick a good nursing home...

Comment

Uh, oh.....

Comment

Education is important, I mean you need to learn how to read to open a milk carton, *OPEN HERE*...and do simple math, so u know whether the lady at the liquor store might be rippin' you off, ~

But, geez have you seen the homework for 1st graders, lately? My nephew came home after being home sick for 2 days with 37 peices of make up work! 37! I was so tempted to pick up a pencil, use my left hand(I'm right handed) & help the little bugger out! He had math, science, economics, english, reading, you name it, he had it.

I don't remember being bombarded with so much work, when I was in 1st grade. Can anyone remember that far back? Did u have that much work
              ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                Uh, oh.....
                I just meant that I would hope our children are educated enough to take care of us properly, if that day comes where they need to send us off to a home...nothing else implied, Sus. Now, I hope that they are not only educated enough to do so, but also motivated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW

But, geez have you seen the homework for 1st graders, lately? My nephew came home after being home sick for 2 days with 37 peices of make up work! 37! I was so tempted to pick up a pencil, use my left hand(I'm right handed) & help the little bugger out! He had math, science, economics, english, reading, you name it, he had it.

?

Sis, you rememer that? Yea you're right, Shay had choke homework last last week, we stayed up together til 12am trying to finish it all & he and I was sooo pooped from staying up doing homework, that we ended up waking up late and missing school again! LOL
                  Tristin-Mataiva . . . . . Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! ! !
                  I sell cars...TTFN, have a nice day and Drive Safe!!!
                  email: zoomhawaii@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
                    Education is important, I mean you need to learn how to read to open a milk carton, *OPEN HERE*...and do simple math, so u know whether the lady at the liquor store might be rippin' you off, ~

I don't remember being bombarded with so much work, when I was in 1st grade. Can anyone remember that far back? Did u have that much work
                    ?

Man, it's cause the world is getting so competitive these days. However, like I said, a new approach to teaching is needed as are different subjects. Now by 'new approach' I merely mean presenting the old material in a more modern way through different media to hold the attention of the students who, in this digital day and age, aren't used to sitting idle for long stretches of time in classroom and get bored.
                    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                    "But I can't even read good."
                    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
                      Now by 'new approach' I merely mean presenting the old material in a more modern way through different media to hold the attention of the students who, in this digital day and age, aren't used to sitting idle for long stretches of time in classroom and get bored.
                      I agreee with you there, budDy...my nephew( same one with the 37 pgs of homework) at 3 he knew how to turn off/on his Playstation & play complicated games, program the DVD player and at 5 he knows how to download video games ~ I came home one night & that lil bad azz downloaded 12 Disney Vgames!! LOL, it just tripped me out...

Teaching with Technology is good, but I also think good ol' fashion hands on experiences is the best way to teach.Like if they're teachin' Marine life, take 'um to da beach kine, same as nature walks...stuff like that
                      sigpic

Comment

The educational path that I chose, led me to an opportunity to receive a college degree. I believe that having learned some of the basic principles that I learned in english, science, economics, business, sociology & psychology, provided me a foundation in which to open my mind to different choices and/or opportunities.

I'm not so sure if it made me any wiser, but I think it prepared me for life after school and becoming a part of the "working world." When I reflect on my college days, I think that I could have done much better, than I did, as I compare some of the work that I do today. Dealing with the social pressures of having to perform in your occupation, responsibilities of taking care of a mortgage, bills, family, and trying to survive, sometimes make me believe that college life is "gravy" compared to a working life.

I guess if you look at Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, he was a dropout at Harvard, yet he managed to become the wealthiest man in the world. He didn't complete a degree, but he probably gained a lot of his wisdom through the learning process while pursuing an education. The goal that my tutu always wanted for me was to pursue a college degree. In her eyes, she felt that no one could ever take an education away much like one's citizenship could be stripped or property taken away. As she retired as a governmental employee serving in the U.S. Postal Service, she managed to put my father and his 4 siblings in pursuit of undergrad degrees or higher.

I am proud of myself for earning a degree, which I struggled to earn, but I think that it's only a piece/part of the equation to finding one's interests. The other part to this equation is life experiences and street smarts. A local bruddah, Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, admitted that his father had a brilliant educational background, yet his buddy's father had no education, and somehow he was wealthier than his own father. Go figure!
                        My meanderings seem a little mental, but I plan to have my keikis prepare for the university of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
                          Now by 'new approach' I merely mean presenting the old material in a more modern way through different media to hold the attention of the students who, in this digital day and age, aren't used to sitting idle for long stretches of time in classroom and get bored.
                          Or we could teach them patience again. And to appreciate the things they have.

Comment

Working...
                          X