X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you hate about your car?

Originally posted by doc1456
    Okay, this cup holder thing is eating me. [...]Anyone has a solution?[...]
    Two cars ago I bought a cheap plastic cup holder with a 'lip' that slipped between the window and the door panel. Kinda reminded me of drive-in restaurant trays from waaaaaaaaay before your time, Adrian!

One car ago, a BMW, there was no cup holder, just as Craig mentioned. The cheap plastic cup holder from the previous car didn't work. The 'lip' was too thick, iirc. A friend of my mechanics rigged together a substitute and attached it between the front seats. It always looked cheesy but it served it's purpose for the 8 years I had that car.

Current cars cup holder is amazing. It has an inner ring and an outer ring. When a large cup is placed in it, the inner ring is pushed away. A small cup is obviously held within the smaller, inner ring. I don't buy Big Gulp size drinks so I don't know the largest size it will hold. When I'm pau using the holder, I press a button and the holder folds up and disappears down into a puka and the puka has a 'panel' that covers it and matches the wood of the center console. Very cool. Truly is the reason I bought that car!

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
      I hate that it's not a Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg, Lotus Europa (way old, I know), or even a Ford GT ("pace car for an entire company").

I hate that it's not even a Dodge Ram or Durango with a hemi, or a Ford F-150 truck with a Harley-Davidson package.

There.

Why don't I feel better?
      You'd feel a lot worse after paying the insurance premiums those kinds of cars.

Comment

I hate most that my paid-for-with-cash, chauffer driven, Bugatti Veyron is parked in someone else's driveway!!

Comment

Very cool. Truly is the reason I bought that car!
          I kid you not...that was also a thing that influenced my mom when she purchased her most recent car! She wanted to make sure her coffee mug would sit comfortably...etc.
          Women and their cars!!! I'm telling you... sheesh... give em a good cup holder and there sold!

(you listenting Mataiva...good selling point for you... )

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
            I hate most that my paid-for-with-cash, chauffer driven, Bugatti Veyron is parked in someone else's driveway!!

Oh so that's your car parked in my driveway
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Oh so that's your car parked in my driveway
              Yeah, you give it back! And stop leaving your rubbish cans in front of MY house!

Comment

Yeah, you give it back! And stop leaving your rubbish cans in front of MY house!

Hey don't call my BMW a rubbish can

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  Hey don't call my BMW a rubbish can
                  You mean they are NOT your rubbish cans ... humm .... they must belong to one of our councilmen who think that East Hawaii trash should be brought to West Hawaii ...

Comment

My daily ride is a '98 Chevy Blazer

I don't like:
                    * The brakes have s*cked from day one, never had enough power.
                    * Three years into this car and the windshield wiper control is merely a suggestion. Try to do a single wipe and the wipers keep going for a minute. This is a well known problem with Blazers. Problem is a desgin defect in the controlers circiut board, and GM refuses to acknowledge it.
                    * Inspite of lots of TLC, all of the black plastic & black painted surfaces have dulled or the paint is chipping off...grrrr...
                    * If I'm only gonna get 17mpg could I at least have some accelloration?
                    * Cheezy front wheel bearing design that wears out in 50k miles and requires an VERY expensive repair ($1500).
                    * It's not my wife's '06 Rav4 (what a great balance of size, comfort, & value)

I do like:
                    * 4 doors makes it easier to put the baby in his seat.
                    * Despite my grumbling, it's been pretty reliable.
                    * A/C blows real cold on even the hottest days
                    * The factory stereo really does sound good.
                    * For an SUV it's fairly narrow, so parking in those "compact" spaces is a breeze.
                    * With the back seat down I can carry a pallet of medium mover boxes from Weyerhaeuser back to our shop.
                    * Since it's a Chevy, parts & service are cheaper than a import (this advantage gets smaller every year).
                    * Roof rack is easy to reach when loading bikes on the Thule holders.
                    * So non-descript that no self respecting car thief would have the least bit of interest in it.
                    * It's been paid for since 2001.

Comment

Can I ask what you love about the RAV-4? I was looking at the RAV vs. the CR-V. A new CR-V is coming out this month---the hype surrounding it has been ridiculous. I got an e-mail from Honda the other day with pics and specs and frankly, I'm not all that impressed. No increase in power, which was what I was waiting for. I do like the hatchback liftgate, though, instead of the side-opening one on previous models. No word on price but as far as I can see there is nothing worth a price increase.
                      A friend has a RAV, too, and she loves it. Then again, I have a friend who has a 2006 CR-V and she loves that too.
                      There are loads of brand-new 2006 CR-V's in the lot near Sears in Kaneohe. I'm thinking that I might be able to get a good deal on one of those

Comment

What I like about my wife's Rav...

* She got the Sport model with the stiffer suspension and bigger wheels/tires. Handles great for a "car" with such a high center of gravity.

* Although slightly larger than the '05, it's much roomier.

* I love the way Toyota seats feel...very firm & supportive (unlike the Lazy-Boy like seats in my Blazer)

* More headroom and leg room than the CRV (the other car we looked at). I'm 6' tall and pretty fat, yet I can comfortably sit in the back seat and cross my legs with room to spare! The front seat has great leg room too. If you need more cargo room than the rather large area it has (plus two under the floor storage bins...the larger of which can swollow a whole Costco run) the back seats can be moved forward and flipped flat from the BACK of the car.

* AWESOME BRAKES...I mean, really awesome brakes.

* Fit and finsh are a step up from the CRV.

* 25 mpg (4 cyl & 2WD) in stop and go Leeward to town driving combined with my sweeties lead foot in town...not bad at all.

* Lot's of thoughtful touches like cargo nets on the seat backs & rear door, loads of cup holders, two interior lights with seperate controls, all kinds of nooks and shelves for sunglasses-cell phones-ipods-etc, and two glove boxes including one with a "Star Trek" door that opens with the push of a button (certain to keep the man in your life entertained for hours).

* It cost approx $22,500 out the door, was in stock, and we got to work with a great salesman, Ricky Takushi @ Waipahu Auto

* Just one thing we both don't like...the heavy rear door (which has the spare mounted on it) is hinged on the right side (away from the curb) so it's less convenient than a top swinging or left hinged door. But it's still an improvement on the '05 design that intigrated the rear bumper into the door (the '06 has a traditional bumper).

My wife wanted a Rav from the go, but we looked at alot of cars to do our "due dilligence"...in the end the Rav was the best choice for her.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          I kid you not...that was also a thing that influenced my mom when she purchased her most recent car! She wanted to make sure her coffee mug would sit comfortably...etc.
                          Women and their cars!!! I'm telling you... sheesh... give em a good cup holder and there sold!
                          (you listenting Mataiva...good selling point for you... )

OMG, that is so true, I was just going to say that the ONLY thing I hate about my Mazda6 is that there are no cup holders in the back!! LOL
                          It bugs me that I don't have dual cup holders back there for my son to put his drink or my daughter to put her bottle, but hey I'm not going to get picky about little things, I told my boss all I needed was 4 wheels and a steering wheel to get around in. He laughed and got me and my fam. into a New car.
                          Tristin-Mataiva . . . . . Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! ! !
                          I sell cars...TTFN, have a nice day and Drive Safe!!!
                          email: zoomhawaii@hotmail.com

Comment

You mean they are NOT your rubbish cans ... humm .... they must belong to one of our councilmen who think that East Hawaii trash should be brought to West Hawaii ...

Nope not ours cuz we haven't shipped our Opala to West Hawaii...yet

You'd think with the biggest land mass of all the islands, we wouldn't have a landfill issue.

Comment

LOL -- for real!

And Craig's comment about it being your car in his driveway? Priceless!

I've got roughly 1.7 million cupholders in my minivan, so, I'll gladly part with some ... for a fee.
                              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                                LOL -- for real!

And Craig's comment about it being your car in his driveway? Priceless!

I've got roughly 1.7 million cupholders in my minivan, so, I'll gladly part with some ... for a fee.

My Astrovan has two cupholders in the dash, two on refrigerated cooler, and four in the back, and as usual the kids leave their McDonald's drinks in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X