Where is Albert the Panther?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is Albert the Panther?

And how many of you still have the mugs and T-shirts from the old soc.culture.hawaii newsgroup? I just found mine again the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
      Then there was that really psycho Indian guy, Jay or Jai or something like that. I hope he's locked up somewhere. He was on the soc.culture.hawaii for a long time spewing all the time.
      Jai! SCH (a moderated forum) was formed to free ourselves of his blathering which caused ACH to become a cyber cesspool. My guess is Jai is still spewing on usenet.
      And the nasty realtor Judy. What a piece of work she is.
      Haven't heard her name in ages.
      And didn't that photographer guy die a few years back? I'm jogging my memory of that old newsgroup and that was a long time ago.
      Yes...Gino...'nuff said.
      There was Nathan, Pueo and Yoda. And I see Bill Wynne is here.
      Yoda! Hmmm...where Are YOU????????
      Bill Wynne is here? I think there are a lot of "memories" here on HT that I'm not aware of! Or...have suspicions of!
      There was someone on Maui, I think in Pa'ea but can't remember their name either.
      Sharon Westfall?
      And how many of you still have the mugs and T-shirts from the old soc.culture.hawaii newsgroup? I just found mine again the other day.
      My t-shirt and mug went to Goodwill when I moved earlier this year. Up to that point I was still using the mug almost every day. The t-shirt just kept on shrinking 'til it didn't fit anymore? Poor quality, I guess.

Comment

And I see Bill Wynne is here.
        I see Bill on TaroPatch all the time (you too, LovinLK) - he's been quite a valuable resource there, with his musical knowledge and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Punaluu_kid View Post
          Good to hear it's OK and I hope he lives a LONG life!
          Oh, Albert is too crotchety and curmudgeonly to not live a long life! (And I say that with a ton of affection for the guy.)

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Yvette is a mama.
          Wow. Wasn't she singing, or modeling, or both? (And I seem to vaguely recall that she and John Cruz were an item way back in the day?)

And the nasty realtor Judy. What a piece of work she is.
          Amen. AMEN!!!

And didn't that photographer guy die a few years back?
          Yes. Gino was realtor Judy's partner in crime.

And I see Bill Wynne is here.
          Here on HT? That would be great, if true. I remember 'realtor Judy' attacking Bill mercilessly about his music, and then the very first time he came here he won Frank Shaner's falsetto contest! HAH!
          There are perhaps hundreds of people who would invite Jai and Lester to move into their homes long before they'd even nod once to Judy.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Yoda!
          Yay! Another good one!

I think there are a lot of "memories" here on HT that I'm not aware of! Or...have suspicions of!
          I think you're quite right. As usual.

Sharon Westfall?
          Wonder what she's doing now.
          Does SCH even exist anymore, and if so, who are the moderators now?
          Gee, my head is sore from all these flashbacks.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

SCH still exists on google groups. All the old Hawaii groups are there now. ACH is there and SCH is too. And Alt.Music.Hawaiian I believe is still there as well. That's where all those usenet groups are plus thousands and thousands of new ones since we were all on them in the 80s. My how time flies.

Comment

SCH still exists on google groups. All the old Hawaii groups are there now. ACH is there and SCH is too. And Alt.Music.Hawaiian I believe is still there as well.
              Interesting. A quick peek shows that SCH has 200 subscribers, AMH has 83, and ACH has 63 (and seems, after a decade, to still be dominated by that flake AlohaCyberian, a car salesman named Keith Martin). Not exactly beehives of activity.
              Interesting to see SCH mods still include Michael J. Wise and Sharon Westfall, and... Susan Jaworowski! Glad to see her name, as she always seemed to be one of the 'good guys'.

My how time flies.
              Just thinking back to those days reminds me -- and probably most of you in this thread -- to say again how much we appreciate Ryan creating HT.
              And I wonder where we'll all be in another 10 or 15 years...

Comment

I remember that Ryan was there too. Wonder if those guys know this forum even exists. Susan, I believe, put me in touch with Jay Junker, who introduced me to Ray and Elodia Kane.

This is where my heart went. Found the music of this aussie country music hunk in 2003 and my Hawaiian music has kinda stayed on the shelf.

Comment

Oh, if Panther saw those pictures, he'd be posting again fer sure.

Comment

He is definitely a hot babe and overloaded with talent and personality.

When I saw Makaha Sons back in August and wore one of his tour shirts to the concert, I mentioned to John that he'd been replaced and my heart had been stolen away and he couldn't figure it out and just didn't get it. They still don't realise how much damage Kata caused them. They were my big favorites for years and years .... until Kata, the a$$hole made them mean, just like him. I still think they're doing damage control over what problems he caused.

Comment

He's back.
                      Praise the Lord, and pass the beer!

Comment

If you didn't know, he's back and he's blogging again!

http://www.pantherhawaii.com/blog/
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I'd heard about this thread (via France, no less) but haven't stumbled on it until this morning. Thanks for the kind thoughts and concern. I know, I should've at least let Helen know but I didn't want a repeat of the parade of vistors during my previous hospital residency (happy though I had been to see them all) ... and I had no idea I'd be in Queens Hospital for almost six months. I got so used to life there I was even a little sad to leave.

Even though it has been over a year now, I still haven't quite gotten used to sleeping in a bed.

Comment

It's great to have you back!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha ‘Oe e Albert the Panther

February 4th, 2018 by Blaine Fergerstrom

Earlier today (2/4/18) I got call from the Honolulu Medical Examiners Office saying that Albert had passed away on January 4, 2018 and they are looking for blood relatives to contact concerning how to handle his remains.

I remember Albert mentioning a nephew and a half-sister but I can’t remember their names or where they are at. I did mention that Albert was born in Texas and had lived in England and India.

The Honolulu Medical Examiner’s Office can be contacted at (808) 768-3090 if you have any information about his family.

Aside getting the date of his death I was able to find out that Albert had been in a care home all this time.

Helen Rapozo

http://www.pantherhawaii.com/blog/20...t-the-panther/
                              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X