Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is Albert the Panther???

Originally posted by pzarquon
    I have a photo here. He was recovering from an earlier hospitalization.
    He looks awfully familiar. I'll keep an eye out for him, but be advised that I can't give out a heckuva lot of info.

Comment

PZ, where was that picture taken?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

scrivener,

The picture was taken at Castle Medical Center. pz has a blog about that day here:

http://www.lightfantastic.org/imr/en...01/000111.html

Any yes, that's me.
        You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

The sound of people deliberately NOT saying anything here is almost deafening. I respect the man's privacy, but will someone please at least tell me whether to be concerned or not? I mean, I'm thinking of getting on the phone and start calling around. If you at least know something that will tell me not to bother, I'd appreciate that much. And I'm not the only one.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sorry, Scriv. It's not like there's been a lot of new details behind the scenes. I'm sure updates would've been posted had there been any. I definitely think we're at the "calling around" stage, so any insights you or anyone else might have are appreciated.

Comment

Notes his site today: "returned, after the Second Great Hospital Adventure - details soon..."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                "returned"
                That one word, alone, makes me want to say "Halle-f***ing-lujah!" - and I don't even know the guy (except for his postings here, and stories from you folks.)

Comment

All I can say is that I am relieved and thankful to see Albert back online today. Welcome back, Albert the Panther.

(Thanks to all who offered help in trying to find him.)

Blaine
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

New update on his website.
                    Sure am glad he's okay!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Nothing new on his blog since January, so... can anyone just let us know that he's alive and relatively well and happy? I worry about that rascal.
                      (Helen, if you don't want to answer publicly, please PM me. Thanks.)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        Nothing new on his blog since January, so... can anyone just let us know that he's alive and relatively well and happy? I worry about that rascal.
                        (Helen, if you don't want to answer publicly, please PM me. Thanks.)

Bump

I was an avid reader of the Panther's tales, I wonder what became of our urban nomad?

Comment

Yep, I checked the Tales just a couple of days ago. Nothing new since his New Year's post saying he was having mobility problems.
                          Hope he's okay, wherever he may be.

Comment

Panther

How is da Panther? I have read all of his Tales and I care about that guy.

No I don't think all of his lifestyle choices have been the healthiest but I care about da guy.

The last I heard from his page was about the beginning of 2007, that his legs got infected and it was back to the hospital for him.

It's almost Xmas time, does anyone have anything planned to visit him or help him out? Maybe we can get something together......

Comment

Re: Where is Albert the Panther?

Albert and I saw a movie and had lunch today. He is doing okay compared to last year and he is staying in some sort of assisted care place.

He did not say when he will be back on-line.

Comment

Re: Where is Albert the Panther?

Oh, thank God. I'm so glad he's okay. What, he doesn't get Internet access there?
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X