Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is Albert the Panther?

Absolutely awesome to hear!

I've often wondered about him. I can't tell you the number of times I have gone to look at his blog, just to see if it has stirred. When driving past the Ala Moana area, or up on UH-Manoa, I'm always on the lookout for a sighting.

Looks like he's getting some support now. May he live long and be happy.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Thank you, Helen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May all your rockets fly high and land safely.
      I hope you told Panther that several of us here are concerned about him and have been asking how he's doing... for at least a year. Sure would be nice if he could just pop in here once to say howzit. (Or even a brief note on Panther's Cave.)
      Anyway, thanks again. Very much appreciated.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Helen, that's fantastic. Fantastic! I can't tell you how many people ask me about him. I hated never really having an answer. And the fact that some folks were coming to some pretty morbid conclusions. I'm glad he's well, that he has support, and I'm certain you've conveyed to him how much he's loved and missed.

I know he's not a fan of such intense attention and interest, but as you can see, it's a great relief, a wonderful bit of news, to hear he's doing well.

Comment

Good to hear it's OK and I hope he lives a LONG life!

Comment

I haven't heard that name in ages ... not since the old soc.culture.hawaii group on the Unix boards. Same with Kory K.

I used a different user name then.

Don't listen to as much Hawaiian music as I used to but try and catch the artists when they're in Chicago. In the last few years, have seen Led a few times, Dennis when he's come to town and recently Makaha Sons. Nobody else has really been through town. Cyril was here with Dennis. Ray Kane was here several years ago but not too much.

I did find an incredible country artist in Australia and that honey is taking up my time promoting him.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
              I haven't heard that name in ages ... not since the old soc.culture.hawaii group on the Unix boards. Same with Kory K.

I used a different user name then.
              [...]
              Aha! Now I know who you are!!! Kory pops in to HT every now and then.

Comment

Hey Sue ... I think I know who you are too.

Comment

I was tagged with the moniker, Tutu Sue, on SCH...altho' it wasn't my screen name. I think the majority of us stupidly used our real names! Anyway, the tutusue moniker has stayed with me ever since, including offline!

Remember the "emperor of China", Lester? When we were riding him about his grandiose claims I donned my cheongsam and became Tutu Tsu! Fun times! Albert was an integral part of that online community and the offline gatherings.

Several HTers will remember those days.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I think the majority of us stupidly used our real names!
                    Truer words were never spoken! A lot of folks learned that 'real name' lesson the hard way, myself included.

Remember the "emperor of China", Lester?
                    There you go being psychic again! I actually thought about ol' Lester just a few days ago and was wondering whatever happened to him. (I haven't looked at any of the old UseNet (AbuseNet) groups for years and years.) Anybody know wassup with the Emperor?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Truer words were never spoken! A lot of folks learned that 'real name' lesson the hard way, myself included.

There you go being psychic again! I actually thought about ol' Lester just a few days ago and was wondering whatever happened to him. (I haven't looked at any of the old UseNet (AbuseNet) groups for years and years.) Anybody know wassup with the Emperor?
                      Lester is posting on the Honolulu Advertiser Discussion Board, with the same deal about the china royalty thing blah blah...tuned him out a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                        Lester is posting on the Honolulu Advertiser Discussion Board, with the same deal about the china royalty thing blah blah...tuned him out a while ago.
                        Holey moley...he's still around! Quick, admin, munge HT!

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
                          <lurk mode off>

wave

<lurk mode on>
                          You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Sorry to hear that the Emperor is still around. Thought he would have been committed by now.
                            K den, where's da Pueo? Yvette? And, of course, Naytan?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              [...]K den, where's da Pueo? Yvette? And, of course, Naytan?
                              Last I heard, a number of years ago, da Pueo was still at UH.
                              Yvette is a mama.
                              I spoke with "Naytan" a year ago when a mutual friend passed away.

Comment

Then there was that really psycho Indian guy, Jay or Jai or something like that. I hope he's locked up somewhere. He was on the soc.culture.hawaii for a long time spewing all the time.

And the nasty realtor Judy. What a piece of work she is.

And didn't that photographer guy die a few years back? I'm jogging my memory of that old newsgroup and that was a long time ago. There was Nathan, Pueo and Yoda. And I see Bill Wynne is here.

There was someone on Maui, I think in Pa'ea but can't remember their name either.

Comment

Working...
                                X