Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Originally posted by florence nunes
    Well lets see... Once when I was a kid, my mother worked the tour desk at the, well shoot it was before it was called Turtle Bay Resort,[...]
    Del Webb's Kuilima Resort...or sumthin' like that?

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
      This reminds me... I met a bunch of authors, notably Sherman Alexie (Smoke Signals) and fantasy fiction author Terry Brooks, at the Maui Writers Conference in 2003.
      Here are some pictures:

With author Sherman Alexie and my friend Yvonne:

With author Terry Brooks and Yvonne:

With author Tess Gerritsen:

Comment

Here are pictures from meeting Jimmy Eat World after their 2002 Honolulu concert:

With drummer Zach Lind of Jimmy Eat World:

With bassist Rick Burch of Jimmy Eat World:

Lead singer Jim Adkins, wearing a paper flower lei a friend of mine made for him:

I was so upset when I got the pictures back from developing and found my picture with lead singer Jim Adkins didn't turn out! Especially when the roll had many other dimly lit pictures of them live. That was my lesson in always taking at least a second picture, "just in case"...
        Last edited by liberty; June 7, 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Just recently found out my grandfather on my moms side was pretty famous.

This is the mission statement of the organization that recently posted my grandfather....

"The Center is dedicated to collecting, organizing, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the history of medicine in Hawaii."
          http://hml.org/mmhc/

My grandfathers link...

http://hml.org/mmhc/mdindex/rowe.html

I have his archival photographs from Yap! I have been working with Rep. Glenn Wakai to help repatriate some of those photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
            Here are pictures from meeting Jimmy Eat World after their 2002 Honolulu concert:[...]
            Oooooooh, God...I feel so old!

Comment

I met Dick of The StarBulletin and member of HT in person at the Ala Moana Homeless Eviction couple months back.

Today, I met another Famous Photographer. Mr. Jeff Widener of The Honolulu Advertiser. He is the Associated Press Photographer who took the photograph in 1989 during the Tiananmen Square Protests of "The Unknown Rebel."

I was honored to have him take pictures of two of my neighbors and me for an article that will be publish soon in The Honolulu Advertiser.

Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn
              The Known Rebel of MWH and Chinatown
              Last edited by 1stwahine; June 27, 2006, 07:05 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I got "kool" from kool & the gang's autograph, Emeril Lagasse's autograph,
                met Tom Selleck as an extra... he thought it was funny to substitute my shave ice while walking across the street to a giant family size bag of poi that I should sling over my shoulders..., I always seem to have embarrassing moments.. another was singing karaoke in kohala & I'm a terrible singer... with my singing slot between the Lim Sisters..yikes, another was mike something... I forget... I told him he was a pretty good singer... and should start out at clubs , make a demo tape, etc... & then find out he was a member of the steven bishop band & just recorded the theme from "tootsie"...yikes.. Kristi yamaguchi, Jim Nabors, saw Jason Scott Lee, met Kelly Hu didn't like her, met Dog Chapman at kaimana beach with his kids before he got his show..., Famous Amos before he was really famous ... serving his cookies after service at unity church.. that's about it... oh and pat morita didn't meet him but saw him around..

Comment

The question is...has someone famous met ME?
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Today, I met another Famous Photographer. Mr. Jeff Widener of The Honolulu Advertiser. He is the Associated Press Photographer who took the photograph in 1989 during the Tiananmen Square Protests of "The Unknown Rebel."

I was honored to have him take pictures of two of my neighbors and me for an article that will be publish soon in The Honolulu Advertiser.

Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn
                    The Known Rebel of MWH and Chinatown

I'm sure Jeff would be thrilled to see he is considered FAMOUS.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My cousin is married to Robert Kennedy Jr. and therefore, logically, I've met him. His children are my blood cousins.
                      "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                      "But I can't even read good."
                      "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                      "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by lokelani
                        [...]Famous Amos before he was really famous ... serving his cookies after service at unity church.[...]
                        If that's Unity Church here in Hawaii, ummm, Wally Amos was 'famous' long before he moved to Hawaii. He started his cookie business on the mainland 2-3 decades ago. His cookie business here is another incarnation.

Just some Wednesday morning trivia!

Comment

Let's see...I've met Glenn Medeiros back when anyone would care...got interviewed by Louise Kim-McCoy and Tasha Kobashigawa [drool]...Ran into Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche at the movies on Kauai...oh, and met the Bros. Caz when I was in the 1st grade and had no idea who they were.
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Yesterday was Apolo Ohno day in Hawaii (July 28, 2006).
                            Currently there is a PDF and Real Media video on the Lieutenant Governor's page.
                            www.hawaii.gov/ltgov
                            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Add Brittni Paiva (17-year-old `ukulele/slack key guitar player from Hilo) to the list; we just did the first of a series of concerts last night, where she shares the stage with 98-year-old uke-ster Bill Tapia, vocalist Mihana (of the Farden/Aluli/Souza "Puamana" family), and bass player Ruth Davies - I've worked with the last three before, but this is the first time Brittni's played in WA State.

She's charming and very, very talented.

Comment

Let's see:
                                • Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) at Boston Logan Airport
                                • Jamie Foxx and Damon Wayans at the W
                                • Jack and Kim Johnson
                                • Bruce Willis at D&B (right after Tears of the Sun wrapped)
                                • Ashlee Simpson at LA's Geisha House (her BF is Braxton Olita, Campbell '03 grad, btw)
                                • Tia Carrere
                                • Jim Nabors
                                • Bryan Clay (I have photos of us before he became a Christian )
                                • the cast of Entourage at a BET Awards after-party last June
                                • Marcia Cross at the Ritz-Carlton Pasadena (the week of her wedding there)
                                • Mark-Paul Gosselaar (still crushing on the guy, 14 years and going!)
                                • LeBron James at Oceans
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X