Have you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

I met Sam Choy at the Pro-Am golf tournament on Kaua'i this past November.
    He was very friendly and gracious enough to take a couple of pictures with me and to sign my cook book that I had brought.

Nice man.

Comment

Hmmmmm, let me see:

Eddie Van Halen, Slash, George Benson, Stanley Clark, Herb Alpert, Sinade O'Connor........
      <G>
      http://www.bartenderphd.com
      http://wwwmyspace.com/bartenderphd

Comment

I don't know why this one slipped my mind...

Hillary Swank and I were in the same High School Together in Bellingham Washington until she moved to Los Angeles.

We actually had the same fourth grade teacher Eric Sellereit and she even mentioned him in one of her award speeches.

She truly is a rags to riches story...as most of the people that came from the samish trailer park were not very wealthy.

It's kind of trippy... because she never became famous until about 4-5 years after she left High School (Sehome)

Her first gig was at this small theater called the Bellingham Theater Guilde... however, that was a non-paying just for experience type of thing....

Who would have thought???? (From a small gig In Buffy the Vampire Slayer filmed about 45 minutes north of our home town... all the way to where she is at now...)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          [...]
          Hillary Swank [...]She truly is a rags to riches story...as most of the people that came from the samish trailer park were not very wealthy.
          [...]
          Hillary was on Oprah after she won the Oscar and told a very touching story of her meager childhood. She then proudly introduced her mom. Yep...rags to riches. Quite a story.

Comment

Originally posted by candyglassy@gmail.com
            Local celebrities -- I met Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant. His other manager / engineer was there too.
            K was aloof, his guy was not that friendly and the partner was a jerk.

I have to corroborate your experience with Mr. Reichel and his entourage pretty much to a tee. I'm not sure if these were the same dudes you ran into, but I was working a conference he was at in Maui back around '98 or '99, and had to deal with them for some A/V related stuff. Not a pleasant experience at all.

Though oddly enough, there *was* one guy who was extremely cool to deal with, but the personality of his colleagues sorta made that a truly bittersweet experience, overall (more bitter than sweet :P)

Comment

Shan-n
              Yeah, I've been to a couple of games. Usually just when the students are gone on break 'cuz the tickets are hard to get any other time. One year when the National Championship was played in Charlotte, we went the day before for the free, open practice. Way cool!
              Ironic, huh! You born here but live there, while I was born there and live here!

Comment

Originally posted by hidenori
                Shan-n
                Yeah, I've been to a couple of games. Usually just when the students are gone on break 'cuz the tickets are hard to get any other time. One year when the National Championship was played in Charlotte, we went the day before for the free, open practice. Way cool!
                Ironic, huh! You born here but live there, while I was born there and live here!
                One day I will see a Duke basketball game.... That's on my list of thing sI must do in my lifetime.....haha Yeah that is pretty ironic... hope NC is treating you good!

Comment

...I think I did.

uhhh...I forgot his name. He put me on the taxi to go home. Nice gentlemen.

Auntie Lynn

His name starts with an "M!"
                  (we drank till the bars closed)
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

[QUOTE=candyglassy@gmail.com]Local celebrities -- I met Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant. His other manager / engineer was there too.
                    K was aloof, his guy was not that friendly and the partner was a jerk.

"Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant".

Wow I did not know they had these types of partnerships in Hawaii or are you joking here?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Kealii making dakine? So sad. Used to email/talk story with him way back.

Leslie Wilcox is a babe.

Used to make vanilla milkshakes for Jon deMello at Mocha Java.

Went drinking with Kevin Major Howard of Dirty Harry fame. He was the "punk" in the elevator. Nice guy, loves his double martinis. Took him to Compadres.

Met all kinds of politicians. They were all the same. "Hi, how're you doing, nice tameetcha, can you excuse me?" Well...bye den.

There are others, but I'm having a senior moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
                        Kealii making dakine? So sad.
                        wheah you been, undah one rock o wot.
                        shuah he make all kine li dat. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

No, not dat dakine. I could care less'bout dat. Da uddah dakine. Mek big head l'dat. Wuz'bout his second album when we "talked" about dis very ting. I guess he did forget afterall. To bad, so sad.

Undah one rock?....oh yeah. Das da bes. What do you expect from a grumpy old fart who doesn't pay any mind to what's "happening", what's in, what's not, whatevah. Gotta wait till my Mel graduates college for me to catch up. Right now it's the Wiggles, American Dragon, Lizzie what's her name, Dora the Explorer....etc.

Comment

You are such a
                            slut!

Comment

A friend of mine is a member of Raymond Kane`s family, and through her my sister and I were invited to visit Ray and his wife Elodia at their home at Wai`anae. We didn`t stay too long, but while we were there Ray got out his guitar and played and sang several songs: Punahele and some others. It was a real thrill to hear the old Master play and sing just for us. It was like hearing Andres Segovia or Isaac Stern in their own home. Another Hawaiian friend included us in a family gathering where Peter Cozma (Pekelo) played and sang , accompanied by other family members on ukuleles. I know Aunty Mary Louise Kekuewa and her daughter Paulette very well. She got me started on making lei hulu. Aunty Mary Lou invited us to her old family home up on the hill. I met Governor Waihee at a dinner while he was in office, and he posed for a snapshot with my lady friend.
                              elemakule

Comment

I've partied with Sonny Ching way back in the day. And I've also sung onstage with Kekua Fernandez.

Karlene

Comment

Working...
                                X