Have you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

That's his name! For some reason the other day I couln't place it.

He was shorter than I thought he would be. And it wasn't Faith No More that I saw when I met him. Was another band...Mr Bunkel? Scheisse, that was 15 years ago now.

Comment

I do not live in the Islands any more. I grew up in Wahiawa in Central Oahu. My folks still live there, while I live in Durham, North Carolina. I would love to live in Hawaii again some day, though.
      So far as meeting someone famous, Duke University, home of the number one ranked Blue Devils, is here in Durham, so I have met several of them over the years (Christain Laettner, Grant Hill, Carlos Boozer, Trajan Langdon). Also, Duke hosts a charity golf tournament for their Children's Hospital every year. One year, my son and I went out to the 10th tee to meet who we could meet. We met Tom Landry (former coach of the Dallas Cowboys) and Joe Theisman (former quarterback for the Washington Redskins). Both we very friendly and gave my son autographs and souveneirs.

Comment

Originally posted by hidenori
        I do not live in the Islands any more. I grew up in Wahiawa in Central Oahu. My folks still live there, while I live in Durham, North Carolina. I would love to live in Hawaii again some day, though.
        So far as meeting someone famous, Duke University, home of the number one ranked Blue Devils, is here in Durham, so I have met several of them over the years (Christain Laettner, Grant Hill, Carlos Boozer, Trajan Langdon). Also, Duke hosts a charity golf tournament for their Children's Hospital every year. One year, my son and I went out to the 10th tee to meet who we could meet. We met Tom Landry (former coach of the Dallas Cowboys) and Joe Theisman (former quarterback for the Washington Redskins). Both we very friendly and gave my son autographs and souveneirs.
        Hidenori you are so lucky... What I would give to meet any of the Duke Blue Devil players!! Although I was raised here in Hawaii, I was born in North Carolina and grew up watching the Blue Devils. I even wanted to attend Duke for college... well that was before I knew how much tuition was there.... Til this day my family and I try to watch every single game they play. Have you ever been to a game? I would like to try to get tickets one day and take my father and son!!

Go Blue Devils!!!

Comment

i met shaun ching when i worked for watanabe florist, i thought he was rude

Comment

maybe I did. I was talking to a guy in the bus, & he said that he was some how affiliated with the band CREED, & they changed their name, because one of the band member had a right to the name/title: "CREED", so, he took that with him, & left. The same band with a new member came up with a new name, which I forgot the name, too it. . That guy lives here on this island, too. Infact, it is close to where I use to live before I moved out & got married.

The guy was rather nice, I think.

Aloha.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Oldsters bring out your holsters:
              On different occasions, Gabby, Blah and Cyril Pahinui (Cyril was just recently, he was very polite). Original Makaha Sons: Skippy, Iz and Moon (Moon was a favorite to work around).
              Kapono, recently, an A+ for accomodating of my autograph request (I'm not an autograph collector, I had other reasons. He was super nice.)

Comment

Local celebrities -- I met Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant. His other manager / engineer was there too.
                K was aloof, his guy was not that friendly and the partner was a jerk.
                Jim Linkner the same man who bad mouths other local celebrities mostly clients who have left him when they discover he is mildly talented and a big thief. Talk about sour grapes. After they lost the grammys they called Honolulu Magazine and gave them the idea to do that story on all
                "the losers". All the people who thought they would win the first Hawaiian Music grammy instead of Charles Brotman. I've met him too. Good soul, not arrogant. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by candyglassy@gmail.com
                  Local celebrities -- I met Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant. His other manager / engineer was there too.
                  K was aloof, his guy was not that friendly[...]
                  While this isn't unusual celebrity behavior, this hasn't been my experience with the 2 mentioned above. Please don't get me wrong...I'm not saying it wasn't your experience; rather, just showing that there is another side to them!

I've not met Jim Linkner.

Comment

Originally posted by luvbuni420
                    Sorry - not sure where to post this:
                    Hey can I ask you, do florists make a good living? This florist is
                    popular with a lot of kamaaina ladies. Are they that good to
                    charge like hundreds for a floral? Do they have to throw away a lot
                    of product if they're slow? My friend's interested in opening a florist
                    biz.

Comment

Originally posted by luvbuni420
                      Hmmmm...that my cuz. he is normally a nice guy.....Maybe he had a bad day so he was buying flowers to make his significant other happy?
                      Last edited by speedtek; January 23, 2006, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Hehe, I meet a time long the guys from the Band "Knorkator", cause I was living in the same town ...
                        But I think here are not many were know who Knorkator is, or ?
                        Here a picture of them (its from Wikipedia.de):
                        A picture of them

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          I've not met Jim Linkner.
                          I have, and I enjoyed talking with him - found him to be quite intelligent and pleasant to deal with.

Comment

Back in '81 on Maui at the Westin Wailea(what's it called now) I met Ozzy Osbounre. A very strange little man, this was actually when he and Sharon got married. He actually had an open reception on the hotel grounds and gave a unplugged mini concert with is band. Ozzy took the time to shake hands with everyone(about 50 people) on the lawn while he was going back to his room.

Ozzy is not a very tall man 5'5 or so and rather quiet in public, except for one time the day we were at the pool eating lunch, he comes to the pool in trunks and a red cape ,flies the cape off and yells before jumping in. BTW, this was before Sharon had stomach stapling so she was a little heavy.
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

My favorite personal celebrity story concerns singer Harry Chapin (Taxi, Cats in the cradle, All my life's a circle).

His last concerts were at Anna Bannanas in Honolulu in 1981. He was killed in a car accident the following week on the mainland.

I was the head of the Hawaii Hunger Project and he was very involved in the World Hunger Year. He gave two perfomances a night for two nights in a row. We chatted after the first night and I attended the next night as well. I think it was $5 plus 2 drinks!

He ended his last song by walking around the audience, playing his guitar and singing. He reached the back of the audience and began coming down the row I was seated in.

He reached the last note in the song just as he arrived at where I was seated. As he held the note, his right hand went up in the air. As it came down, my hand went up and we our hands joined at the end of the song.

It was an unbelievable moment for me, and I was very sad to hear that he died the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1
                                He reached the last note in the song just as he arrived at where I was seated. As he held the note, his right hand went up in the air. As it came down, my hand went up and we our hands joined at the end of the song.
                                hey. ya blew his visual bit, man!

Comment

Working...
                                X