Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Does this count ?

It's a vid at the Buddy Holly Convention in NYC. You cant miss me, playing sessions right next to Macca. Eye glasses tucked down my shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUsDzliMIBs

Rockerfeller square 1991 with the Crickets and many others. Am I dating myself ?

Who cares ? I've been old for ages. lol
    Last edited by Barry; January 30, 2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Vanna White still looks great. She and her husband (ex?) used to go the the Isthmus at Catalina Island quite often, back in the day.
      Hey there LikaNui!
      I lived on Catalina for most of '89. Loved getting out of Avalon and over to the Isthmus. Did you live there or just sailing through? Were you there in 1989?

Don't remember if I already posted here about meeting Silvester Stallone and Bridget Nielson while working for "Island Expess" helicopter company. He sure looked short next to her. Just a quick 'Hi' in passing.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I used to drive the Wiki Wiki bus! I had Babyface and his wife at the time (Tracy) on my bus. It was just me and them in the front unit of a double unit bus. They wanted something to eat so I dropped them off above Baggage Claim H and directed them to... Burger King.

I asked him for an autograph and he signed a dollar bill and wrote 'Rob, Thanks for the Ride!". Looked me in the eye and said 'Very nice to meet you Rob." Thats really nice, eh?

My sister and I met Pat Morita at a party at the Pagoda. Gosh I think I was bout 10. He was really nice. He was emceeing Hiroshima when they came to the Waikiki Shell. My family knew the band because some of them were from my hometown in Los Angeles.

Comment

Dog the BH and his crowd brushed by us tonight at AlaMoana...they were headed to the Japanese steak house. They wuz all snazzied up.

Hope they had good dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Dog the BH and his crowd brushed by us tonight at AlaMoana...they were headed to the Japanese steak house. They wuz all snazzied up.

Hope they had good dinner!

Duane Chapman and his crowd, I have met. Like you, I hope they have a hearty dinner. They are all in for a lot of probs from what I hear from a person who works for them. Isn't it traditional to give them a good meal before they go to the guillotine ?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Vanna White still looks great..
              Met Vanna White at the same furniture store where I buy my stuff, Wacky Wicker in Palm Desert, CA. We discussed the pros and cons of various fabrics on the upholstered furniture. She's just your average "Joe the Plumber."
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                It's a vid at the Buddy Holly Convention in NYC. You cant miss me, playing sessions right next to Macca.
                Rave On, Barry! As far as dating yourself, I remember the "day the music died" very well. I was sitting in high school social studies class and my classmate Lupe walked in with tears and gave me the bad news.
                Last edited by matapule; February 1, 2009, 03:45 AM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Victorias Secret had a photo shoot at the resort next to me a couple of days ago. It was closed to the public, but hey, I live next door! They took some shots that you will never see within the pages of the catalog. I got to meet "the girls" up close! Yeeeeeeeeeeowza!

Comment

Just back from Vegas - sat next to Drew Carey (dining alone) in the coffee shop at MGM Grand - his show was there for a four-day run - very polite during a short chat and when asked for a photo and autograph

Comment

Did I tell you all about the time that I saved Joan Rivers' life?

One time, as I was slowly approaching an intersection, I saw her crossing the street on Park Avenue. I pressed the break, put my car into park, and waited patiently by the stop line until the light turned green and the street was clear of pedestrians.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        Rave On, Barry! As far as dating yourself, I remember the "day the music died" very well. I was sitting in high school social studies class and my classmate Lupe walked in with tears and gave me the bad news.
                        The day the music died is today. It's 50 years today that we lost the great Buddy Holly.

Comment

Well...I didn't actually 'meet' her but, My mum worked at this hotel & resort in Bermuda called Pink Beach, and one day she had to go to the office and I was waiting for her in the car, and I was in my own world and when i snapped out of it I realised Chilli from TLC was standing in front of my car (it was parked at the main entrance), she was there for the Bermuda jazz festival and she was waiting for this guy to help her w/ her bags. i didn't say anything, I just thought to myself "hmm...she's much shorter in person."

also once when my mum was working at pink beach a few years back, she was walking around the property and this guest was struggling on his rented bike (or skooter/mopad) and it was John Travolta taking his son on a ride around the property. he apologised to my mum (he didn't hit her, but he got really close) and road off.

Comment

hi this is sansei and when i was a youth,my gentleman cousin,he was showing me around los angeles and when we were turning to get something for our lunch,i noticed a limousine and the person i noticed was a true celebrity at that time and this was in the 70's,only truthfully,im not able to remember her name only she was a caucasion and she was very tall,

that's all i remember,she once acted with decased actor dudley moore,her name escape's me. sorry

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just remembered while when we visited los angeles while in my youth,i saw the actress in the limo who was susan anton and she was very tall and she was wearing a white dress and year's ago,while the original crew of charlies angels,i noticed in the limo on her way to be with the crew was jaclyn smith and i saw her only in the limo as she was leaving and she was very tall.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Met the group Maunalua at the Pre-Event for the 'Ukulele Picnic at Kaka'ako Park on Valentine's Day, Met Taimane Gardner at the 'ukulele picnic
                                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                                X