• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met, or...

...were merely in the vicinity of?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Well, being here in the Los Angeles area, you'd think the celebs would be everywhere--but they aren't. Or if they are famous today, maybe I just don't know them. I saw Rock Hudson once, filming "MacMillan and Wife", standing in an open-air flower shop. We were at a red light and I saw him. VERY nice-looking man...this was probably 3 or 4 years before he died. I met Dick Van Dyke when I was about 13, back in the 60s--he was so nice but his manager was a JERK. He gave us his autograph and we took some pix, all while the manager was yelling and Van Dyke was ignoring him. HA! I didn't meet, but I saw, President Eisenhower in a motorcade in about 1957. My mom had gone out to see him, and being too small for school, I was with her. This was back when the motorcades were still open and the person rode up on the back seat. She held me up and I yelled "HI IKE" as loud as I could (I have ALWAYS been loud...), and he grinned really big and waved! The crowd we were in was smallish, as it was kinda spread out over a long boulevard. I remember it well! I shook hands several times with Ronald Reagan, when he was governor, when he was going for the nomination in '76, when he had his victory rally when he was elected in '80, and--the best one--was talking to him at Bel Air Presbyterian Church in 1988. My aunt & uncle go there and we went there that Sunday, and there he was. He would have stood all day and talked, but the Secret Service was beginning to get antsy! He shook our then-one-year-old-son's little hand (he's 21 now) and told him he knew he'd grow up to be a fine young man (which he did). That is a wonderful memory! Such a nice, nice man. I've also met John Wooden (legendary UCLA basketball coach)--another nice gentleman--he goes to our church. I have also met lots of local celebrity-types and some from long ago--but no one HUGE. My dream is to meet Paul McCartney...then I can die happy!!!

Comment

I forgot to mention, for all you "60s"-types out there, I also met, and knew, Mark Lindsay and Paul Revere and the Raiders, back in the day...used to go to their concerts and TV show tapings here in the late 60s/early 70s...Keith Allison, Freddy Weller...those were fun times!

Comment

Got to meet Pau Gasol (L.A. Lakers) last week at a Target. He was doing some shopping for his new home he bought.

I met Amy Hanaialii at one of her mini concerts at Borders.

Met Kirk Douglass, Lou Ferigno, Jamie Curtis many moons ago during my early childhood while volunteering to work at the Special Olympics for Rafer Johnson. Lots of celebrities would come to support the cause

John Wooden at a Bruins game.

Comment

• Re: Met, or...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            ...were merely in the vicinity of?
            Within approximately 3 meters. We made eye contact but weren't formally introduced.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Would anyone like to have my autograph?
              Sure!!!!!!
              stay forever young

Comment

Got to shake President Gerald Ford's hand when Air Force 1 landed during my Cub Scout years. My scout buddies and I all remarked that we would never wash our hands again after touching the Prez of the U.S.

Comment

I also met:
                    • Hoku Zuttermeister
                    • Jerry Santos
                    • Stephen Inglis
                    • Herb Ohta, Jr.
                    • Jody Kamisato
                    • Pomaika'i Keawe Lyman
                    • Napua Greig
                    • Darren Benitez
                    • Moke Boy
                    • Pilioha
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

October, 1967

scan0001.jpg
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      October, 1967

[ATTACH]1512[/ATTACH]
                      aaaww his majesty - loving soul!!! that man

i've met him a few times growing up in san francisco - also members of his extended family when family re-union comes around - from afar of course - my grandfather of course threw me out to the back burner - forbidding my presence infront of his majesty - i was a menace as a child i think i still am

a free spirited menace
                      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                        Would anyone like to have my autograph?
                        What's the going rate of a Hall of Famer of this board?
                        I'm not getting in the HOF because I used steroids.

Comment

Personally I met alot of bands when I was a teenager... Paul Young (3x), A-ha, Motley Crue, Corey Hart, and tuns more ...

Oh and does Auntie Pupule count ? ;-)
                          http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
                          http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
                          If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Originally posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl View Post
                            Oh and does Auntie Pupule count ? ;-)
                            No. I'm not famous...I'm just a Tita in Hawaii.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Does it count if I have spoken to somebody famous ?

I was in Honolulu and my phone went asking for my friend but she was in the shower.
                              We chatted and I took his phone number. and the name Kev.

Later, she said to me, "Do you know who you have just been talking to and I told her I didn't"

"It was Kevin Costner,," she said. She had worked on 'Waterworld ?' with him and he has a mate named Chris Christopherson who is an actor/musician on the Island.

Whenever Kev (first name terms) visits your Oahu or goes 'Outa Isle ?'

He always gets a full facial from my friend.

Just a bit of useless information for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                Does it count if I have spoken to somebody famous ?

I was in Honolulu and my phone went asking for my friend but she was in the shower.
                                We chatted and I took his phone number. and the name Kev.

Later, she said to me, "Do you know who you have just been talking to and I told her I didn't"

"It was Kevin Costner,," she said. She had worked on 'Waterworld ?' with him and he has a mate named Chris Christopherson who is an actor/musician on the Island.

Whenever Kev (first name terms) visits your Oahu or goes 'Outa Isle ?'

He always gets a full facial from my friend.

Just a bit of useless information for you all.

Hell if you remember his number send me a private message
                                http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
                                http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
                                If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Working...
                                X