Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you met someone famous?

Default Re: Have you met someone famous?

Shan-n
    Yeah, I've been to a couple of games. Usually just when the students are gone on break 'cuz the tickets are hard to get any other time. One year when the National Championship was played in Charlotte, we went the day before for the free, open practice. Way cool!
    Ironic, huh! You born here but live there, while I was born there and live here!

Quote Originally Posted by hidenori
    Shan-n
    Yeah, I've been to a couple of games. Usually just when the students are gone on break 'cuz the tickets are hard to get any other time. One year when the National Championship was played in Charlotte, we went the day before for the free, open practice. Way cool!
    Ironic, huh! You born here but live there, while I was born there and live here!
    One day I will see a Duke basketball game.... That's on my list of thing sI must do in my lifetime.....haha Yeah that is pretty ironic... hope NC is treating you good!

...I think I did.

uhhh...I forgot his name. He put me on the taxi to go home. Nice gentlemen.

Auntie Lynn

His name starts with an "M!"
    (we drank till the bars closed)
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

[QUOTE=candyglassy@gmail.com]Local celebrities -- I met Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant. His other manager / engineer was there too.
    K was aloof, his guy was not that friendly and the partner was a jerk.

"Kealii Reichel and his husband / manager /accountant".

Wow I did not know they had these types of partnerships in Hawaii or are you joking here?

KalihiBoy

Kealii making dakine? So sad. Used to email/talk story with him way back.

Leslie Wilcox is a babe.

Used to make vanilla milkshakes for Jon deMello at Mocha Java.

Went drinking with Kevin Major Howard of Dirty Harry fame. He was the "punk" in the elevator. Nice guy, loves his double martinis. Took him to Compadres.

Met all kinds of politicians. They were all the same. "Hi, how're you doing, nice tameetcha, can you excuse me?" Well...bye den.

There are others, but I'm having a senior moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Rolling Eye
    Kealii making dakine? So sad.
    wheah you been, undah one rock o wot.
    shuah he make all kine li dat. not that there's anything wrong with that.

No, not dat dakine. I could care less'bout dat. Da uddah dakine. Mek big head l'dat. Wuz'bout his second album when we "talked" about dis very ting. I guess he did forget afterall. To bad, so sad.

Undah one rock?....oh yeah. Das da bes. What do you expect from a grumpy old fart who doesn't pay any mind to what's "happening", what's in, what's not, whatevah. Gotta wait till my Mel graduates college for me to catch up. Right now it's the Wiggles, American Dragon, Lizzie what's her name, Dora the Explorer....etc.

You are such a
    slut!

Santa Cruz, California, two miles from the beach.

A friend of mine is a member of Raymond Kane`s family, and through her my sister and I were invited to visit Ray and his wife Elodia at their home at Wai`anae. We didn`t stay too long, but while we were there Ray got out his guitar and played and sang several songs: Punahele and some others. It was a real thrill to hear the old Master play and sing just for us. It was like hearing Andres Segovia or Isaac Stern in their own home. Another Hawaiian friend included us in a family gathering where Peter Cozma (Pekelo) played and sang , accompanied by other family members on ukuleles. I know Aunty Mary Louise Kekuewa and her daughter Paulette very well. She got me started on making lei hulu. Aunty Mary Lou invited us to her old family home up on the hill. I met Governor Waihee at a dinner while he was in office, and he posed for a snapshot with my lady friend.
    elemakule

I've partied with Sonny Ching way back in the day. And I've also sung onstage with Kekua Fernandez.

Karlene

Just saw Koji Ariyoshi's bio on KHET tonight.

After I left the Navy in 1971, he hired me to work in Polynesian Exotics, his flower shop / liquor store on Nahua, between the International Market Place and the Ala Wai Canal.

I knew he had made the acquaintance of Chou En-Lai and Mao, so it wasn't like I didn't know his significant role in WW II.

But I was ignorant of his controversial local background, especially in the 40s and 50s. Sad, huh? Nah, ignorant is the right word.

When I left his employ in 1974 to head for CA, I was also ignorant of his outside activities (e.g., UH Ethnic Studies), other than his tours to China. As I recall, he met with the Chinese leader(s) during one of his visits.

He died much too young at 62 (by my math).

Quote Originally Posted by islandhippo
    I've also sung onstage with Kekua Fernandez.
    That's a great way to meet famous folks - on stage!

Last weekend, I got to sing harmony with Dennis & David Kamakahi and Roddy Lopez (ex-Pandanus Club.)

I met a few people at golds gym.
    Bruce Willis, Donna D'erico, were some of the Hollywoos stars that worked out there, Kelly Hu, Sean Ching, Dwayne "the rock" Johnson, were the local ones. The 1st celebrity I met was the late Pat Morita at Natsunoya Tea House, I was about 7 years old. I did see the cast of the BayWatch reunion at the Turtle Bay resort about two years ago, didnt get to meet them.

Congrats to our own Pzarquon and TutuSue for their appearances in this week's MidWeek!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui
    Congrats to our own Pzarquon and TutuSue for their appearances in this week's MidWeek!
    Thats Pzarquon on page 42 (doesn't it figure the picture is kind of blurry)... however that is not his wife in the picture with him... as the caption would lead you to believe?

Also, I met Tutusue this weekend... Shes's in the Honolulu Pa'ina section

Congrads to the both of you

My wife are I are getting to be kind of famous on Kauai. We are on an Otsuka's furniture commercial they play over and over. I bet peope are sick of looking at us! We still have not seen it. We don't have cable.

Quote Originally Posted by alohatim
    I bet peope are sick of looking at us!
    welcome to the club.

I've met Franky Muniz and Scotty Ngyuen(for all you poker fans). I've met a lot of rock bands. I make sushi for Garth Brooks and his wife Trisha Yearwood almost every week. And I have had a personal meeting with Peter Carlisle in his office(I hear a lot of people don't like him).

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_bean
    [...]And I have had a personal meeting with Peter Carlisle in his office(I hear a lot of people don't like him).
    I think that depends on why they meet Carlisle!

Tom Selleck in a restaurant out by Kailua Beach Park. George Benson at the Kahaha Hilton. Jaclyn Smith (Charlie's Angels') doing a photo shoot at Bellows

Default Re: Have you meet someone famous?

Quote Originally Posted by Leimamo
    I took a picture with Jack Lord way back when he co-hosted a telethon at Iolani Palace Bandstand with Doug Mossman (I think that was his name, or it might've been Sterling Mossman -- those names stick out for some reason). I also took a picture with Richard Boone (old western star). Didn't actually meet Tom Selleck but watched him work while my son was an extra on the set of Magnum PI. Met Keali'i Reichel and had him sign my CD covers. I'll update if I remember anymore ... I have an excuse, I'm old .. heh
    Would you still have that picture of Jack Lord? I would love to have a copy of it it, if you did. You got it right.....his name is Doug Mossman,and I think he was in some of the Hawaii Five-0 episodes.

Default Re: Have you meet someone famous?

Quote Originally Posted by makepagirl
    let's see...back in 70 or 71 our kindergarden class (palolo valley)took a field trip downtown..they were filming hawaii five 0..we got to stand next to a fountain &watch a jewelry store robbery scene,then jack lord talked to each of us..also back then my brother & i got to be on the checker's &pogo show!!then later in 81,met shirley from what's happening walking down the ala wai...pretty cool..does anyone remember the band dr.hook??got to eat watermelon with them back stage as a teen...also accidently bumped into neil young @a hippy/raggae festival in florida...my sis was knocked down by "rick from magnum" as he was coming outta "faces" in waikiki..he picked her up,kissed her forehead &asked my mom did she need medical help....
    Hi there, I'm a fan of Jack Lord. Can you remember anything of your discussion with Jack Lord? Did you get any pictures at all? I would love to have a scanned copy.

I met Jason Momoa ("Baywatch Hawai'i") from doing an interview with a makeup person for my eighth grade video production class. I just remember it being an awkward situation for me because the makeup person was rubbing sunscreen on Jason's back during (or before?) the interview.

Also got to meet/interview/work with Andy Bumatai, who has high school ties with one of the advisers at Searider Productions. This is no secret, but he is such a funny guy.

The big one for me was meeting the rock band Jimmy Eat World. One of my favorite bands. They're so friendly and down-to-earth (no pun intended). Here's my website on the band and the experience.

I "met" Roland Cazimero in the drive-thru at Mickey D's in Kamuela. I forgot what he ordered it was a long time ago.

Are you meaning someone who is a famous Hawaiian artist? If you are, I have not, but I have a list of many artists I would love to meet:
    Keali'i Reichel
    Raiatea Helm
    Natalie Ai Kamauu
    Leilani Rivera Bond
    all three members of Na Leo Pilimehana
    Danny Couch
    Um... am I missing anyone? Oh, both of the Brothers Caz.

If more people come to my mind I'll let you know. Has anyone met any of the ones I've listed. If you have, I hate you! No, just kidding.

A hui hou for now...
    akrauth

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast