Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you met someone famous?

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
    Can I get an AMEN from the congregation?

I got to meet this guy Jamie Winpenny once, a few years back. A friend told me he was a big name in the local music scene. What a rockstar...
    i heard he likes jamesons (the catholic whiskey) and girls that are nice to him...hahahhhahahahahahaa!!
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

i saw ron jeremy come out the ladies bathroom with whoppey goldberg
      Ebb And Flow

Comment

i hung out with ron jeremy and mini-me at the wave one night...perhaps the most surreal moment of my life...
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Been lucky to meet and converse with literally hundreds of famous folks over the years, because of my jobs, but most recently I got to appear on stage with Dennis Kamakahi, John Keawe & Charlie Recaido (just to keep it in a Hawaiian music vein); have also connected with Jake Shimabukuro, Raiatea Helm, Makana, Amy, Willie K, Na Leo, Na Palapalai, Herb Ohta Jr., David Kamakahi, Cindy Combs, Cyril Pahinui, Patrick Landeza and Bill Tapia in the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamai Okole
            Been lucky to meet and converse with literally hundreds of famous folks over the years, because of my jobs, but most recently I got to appear on stage with Dennis Kamakahi, John Keawe & Charlie Recaido.
            So you saw their show in Shoreline last Thursday night, then? How was it? We went down to Kalama and saw them down there Friday night. Awesome performances. Then Saturday night we saw Keali'i at the Summer Nights at South Lake Union. Loved that show (Keali'i's my most favorite Hawaiian singer) but I fear that about 2/3 of the audience (haoles in aloha shirts) had NO clue what he was singing (lesee...if there were 2,000 people there, then about 1,500 people were going "huh"??? for almost 2 hours), and probably got a little squirmy when he started to tell them what some of the songs meant (the kaona part). Heehee. The locals in the audience were just grooving and having a wonderful time, though.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Akamai Okole

Been lucky to meet and converse with literally hundreds of famous folks over the years, because of my jobs, but most recently I got to appear on stage with Dennis Kamakahi, John Keawe & Charlie Recaido
              Eh, how you, uncle?

Comment

Doing good, doing good - and still recovering from the trip. It was good to see YOU in 3-D in Kalama (did I read right - was it your anniversary that night? Congrats!)

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  So you saw their show in Shoreline last Thursday night, then? How was it? We went down to Kalama and saw them down there Friday night. Awesome performances.
                  Shoreline was a nice start (though I was in the wings the whole night, running sound as well as emcee-ing, so my perspective is a little odd - but then, when is it not?), but Kalama had a great audience - you picked the right show to see. Uncle Dennis was more intensely emotional that night - he said he could feel John Kalama's spirit in the place all weekend; made it tough for him to get through the song "Kalama."

Eugene was more relaxed and intimate. Charlie asked me up to sing harmony with him, then Uncle Dennis asked me to play bass on the finale (when they all three did "Wai O Ke Ani Ani") - whadda rush!

They are all three itching to come back. The city of Kalama wants to make this an annual event.

Comment

How come I neva find this one till now?
                    I was a bartender at World Cafe for 2 years before moving here to WA. I did 2nd floor. I have met a few of celebrities there...

I did VIP and met:

Keanu Reeves ( Got his autograph on my partially nude photo that I used on my tip jar; also worked on numerous occasions with his cousin Haoli Reeves who was my barback at the time he's the one that help get the autograph)

Snoop Dog

NSYNC

Fiji

Shaquille O'Neil

Uncle Sam

Hula Bowl players 1999 ( I have Junior Seau's auto)

B Real from Cypress HIll

Think that's it. I miss the scene!!!

Comment

Don Ho. :lol

Comment

I've met and actually know a few...

Actors:
                        Know - Billy Zane (worked with him for about a year)
                        Met - Jeff Bridges
                        Met - Anthony Hopkins
                        Know - LeVar Burton (worked with him too. awsome guy)

Oprah-featured writers:
                        Met - Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
                        Know - Gary Zukoff

Movie Director/Producers:
                        Know - Robert Watts (early star wars movies and indiana jones movies)
                        Know - Brett Leonard (Virtuosity, and imax 3d Siegfried & Roy: the Magic Box which is how I met Anthony Hopkins)

Performers Misc.:
                        Met - Siegfried (of siegfried and roy, and got hit on by him all night....)
                        Met - Roy (before he was attacked not after)

I guess I've met a bunch of other people, but I only really count the ones I talked to for a long while, not just the ones I said hi to and then was ignored by or whatever. Oh, and Bing Crosby's daughter Kathy Lee Crosby was a pretty good family friend for a while.

The only ones I know that I can call up and talk to are Billy Zane, Robert Watts and Brett Leonard. I consider Billy a friend. LeVar is really great, but I can only call his assistant Olivia any time. She's a really amazing person too though. LeVar is a pretty busy guy, and we don't have a "talk story" kine relationship.

And as far as local performer/celeb types... not many I guess... Kawika Regidor is my brother in law. His music has been pretty popular, but he hasn't released a cd since 2003.
                        Haolewaiian Girl
                        >~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~<

Comment

About the only famous person I ever met was the actor Brian Keith at Cafe 100 in Hilo in 1995. He basically exchanged pleasantries with me; we didn't have any conversation or major dialogue.

Didn't meet or talk to, but I saw Burt Reynolds in a sub-terrarian retail level of the John Hancock Building on the near North Side of Chicago. He was buying a magazine and some mints at a newsstand.

Comment

I 'met' Tiny Tadani.
                            Sort of.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Oooooops!water spill on my keyboard. bye........

auntie lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                                I 'met' Tiny Tadani.
                                Sort of.
                                LOL ... And you might "meet" him again ... if you REPENT!! So you can *thank* him for his guidance!

Comment

Working...
                                X