Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you met someone famous?

Just wanted to know what would you do if you met someone famous? The thing that I would do if I met someone famous is have a lei in my arms and greet that person with aloha then I would ask if I can put the lei that I bought on that person.
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: What would you do if you met someone famous?

Originally posted by achow
    Just wanted to know what would you do if you met someone famous? The thing that I would do if I met someone famous is have a lei in my arms and greet that person with aloha then I would ask if I can put the lei that I bought on that person.
    What if you meet 'em without knowing in advance you're going to do so?

Comment

Its pretty cool in Hawaii for Stars cause we don't have the ...ooooohhh, OMG!.. ..*snap* *snap* <flash> Flash! type people around here...so they feel comfortable being here...Like in Lanikai, its loaded with stars&famous people in there, Paul Mitchell, Michelle Pfiefer<spelling>(who by the way always invites friends like Lucy Lou, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, a lot of big Company business owners too ~ JN as in JN Mazda,Ford, hmm...some other dudes live back there TMTM(too much to mention)

I walk the circle, its a good mile and a half & one day 4 ladys were walking very briskfully behind me & u know me, already huffy up the 2nd hill, slows down to let up pass & guess who they were?!?
      Lucy Lou,Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Michelle ~ then as i approached the next block they were in my friends yard playing with her new puppies! So ofcourse I stopped by , they were supper cool, it was totally hard to keep cool and composed ~ but inside I wanted to scream, "Oh, my goodness gracious, I love all your movies & then give my best impression of the Charlies Angels Pose"!!!! My friend asked them if they liked it here & thats exactly what Cameron said, she like that theres no people popping out of the bushes and that when they go to Safeway, people know its them and just smile ~ no one harrases them
      sigpic

Comment

I'd know to expect a paycheck!

Comment

I met Sean Penn in a Pool hall once with some of his friends. The time was just after he got his divorce from Madonna. My bruddah and I commented to him that we enjoyed his acting work and treating him with respect.

However, the rest of the rowdy bunch in the bar didn't seem to care and harrassed him by playing Madonna hits, one after the other, on the juke box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana
            I met Sean Penn in a Pool hall once with some of his friends. The time was just after he got his divorce from Madonna. My bruddah and I commented to him that we enjoyed his acting work and treating him with respect.

However, the rest of the rowdy bunch in the bar didn't seem to care and harrassed him by playing Madonna hits, one after the other, on the juke box.
            this has to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

pax

Comment

I never want to be famous and have people fawning all over me.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would gently remind myself that they put their pants on one leg at a time and go on with my life.

Just not all that impressed with "celebrity." Come up with a cure for cancer or a treatment that would restore function to people suffering from spinal cord injuries and I'd be presenting you with a cake, a lei, and lotsa hugs.

Comment

I probably wouldn't recognize them unless someone pointed them out to me.

Then depending on the situation or where I was at... I'd try to strike up a friendly conversation with them.

If, however, someone famous here in Hawaii that was off doing someting they shouldn't be doing.... I'd have no shame in busting out the camera to catch what they were doing on camera.

But, I dunno... Famous is to each there own... Here in Hawaii... your famous if you make the paper once or twice.

Comment

You might also get some takes on this if you read through the "Have you met someone famous?" thread. Like some others here, I've had jobs that have afforded me opportunities to meet and work with many famous people, mostly in entertainment fields. 99% of them have been friendly, down-to-earth people, comfortable with you telling them that you enjoy their creative output (as long as you aren't a gushing, raving, lunatic fan.) As for that other one percent --- well, you meet their kind every day in the mundane world, and even the famous are entitled to have an off day.

Among the nicest "famous" people I've ever met: jazz pianist Dave Brubeck, former President Jimmy Carter, the late author Douglas Adams, `ukulele player Jake Shimabukuro, singer/musician Bob Dorough (remember "Multiplication Rock"?), singer Al Jarreau, songwriter/author Rupert Holmes.

Comment

If I was scheduled to meet'em, I'd do what I have to. If I saw a famous person in public, I'd let'em be so they can go on with their life. I'm sure they cry for time without attention. Well, most of'em--I can't say that for paris hilton and similar "celebrities" who are modeling, singing, acting, shopping, making "independent films"--you know, those jacks-of-all-trades, masters of nothing.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I think I would just look and think hmmmm that's so and so, then leave them alone, if I even noticed them which I probably would not!

I am sure they get bombarded every day and if they are somewhere I am they probably want to just get done shopping or eating. Besides that, they are just human I amnot that fascinated by it. ....unless it was the Rock...then I might pass out....after I wet my pants!
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by achow
                          Just wanted to know what would you do if you met someone famous?
                          Smile. Or maybe not, depending on what kind of "famous" we're talking about.

Comment

It's pretty common to see them here in LA.Sometimes you see them and think, "why do I know that person ?"... then it hits you.

It's weird because they live here, and are part of the community. You see them driving next to you in traffic, at the supermarket etc. Sometimes you just want to say something, but it's just not appropriate.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                              Sometimes you just want to say something, but it's just not appropriate.

I agree. I can only imagine every day someone coming up to talk to you and ask you questions and oggle you.....Oh wait! That happen when you have pink hair too!
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                              X