Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks, Jamba, or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf?

Talking Starbucks, Jamba, or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf?

Starbucks: I have to say that their coffee and caramel frappucino rocks! I also like their chai latte either hot or cold, and their regular black or passion iced tea.

Jamba Juice: Love their Matcha Green Tea Blast, Coldbuster, and Strawberries Wild.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Their Caramel Blended Coffee

Default Re: Starbucks, Jamba, or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf?

Starbucks: three shots on ice or hot, depending on how i feel. and a pineapple bran muffin! those damn things.... SO good.

Jamba Juice: orange dream machine and peanut butter moo'd (do they still have those?

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: WHERE is this!
    life is ok sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by christa
    They have an area development agreement with Foodland of Hawaii.

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf located in the Koko Marina Foodland (Hawaii Kai) is growing more and more popular, although it's still not as crowded as the Star Buck's just a few doors down. The live musicians I've overheard a few times while checking out at Foodland's registers sounded rather good. Don't know about the coffee, as I'm not one to patron any of the choices mentioned in this thread.

You're more likely to find me grabbing a Beard Papa's Chioux Creme on the other side of the entrance! Or one of them BBQ Ribeye plates on Thursdays!

http://www.coffeebean.com/04_04_01_0...ase.asp?id=129

None of the above. When it comes to coffee I'm a creature of habit, and I usually go to Morning Brew in Kailua.

Ala Moana, makai side near the food court. Funny to see tables and chairs set up outside... it's not the best location to lounge with a cup of coffee. You're better off walking to the area overlooking centerstage... but isn't a cart up there already?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought
    None of the above. When it comes to coffee I'm a creature of habit, and I usually go to Morning Brew in Kailua.
    I suppose I should be embarrassed to admit that I frequent 7-11 for coffee more than the other places mentioned.

ATM, pour-it-yourself coffee. Good to go.

No coffee! A cup of Hot Cocoa with some butterscotch schnapps!! Woohoo...2 makes me giddy
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, starting in Brentwood, California in 1963, opened its first Hawai'i store in Manoa in November, 2005 franchised by Foodland. They have 5 stores total now on O'ahu (Ala Moana, Manoa, Koko Marina, Salt Lake, and Kailua) with 2 opening in the Ewa Town and Pearl City Shopping Centers. There is one on the Big Island in Kona and one on Kaua'i in the Waipouli Shopping Center. They are known for their Ice Blended and Tea Latte drinks.

http://www.coffeebeanhawaii.com

-Arturo

Starbucks: three shots on ice or hot, depending on how i feel.
    I second that notion, 2x a day at least. I prefer with lots of ice, 1/2 & 1/2 and 3 equals....The necessary morning and mid afternoon blast.

Jamba - Citrus Squeeze

Coffee Bean - Black Forest Ice Blended OR Vanilla Ice Blended.

OR, a homemade triple shot over ice made with the Kona stuff....ono.

Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle
    No coffee! A cup of Hot Cocoa with some butterscotch schnapps!! Woohoo...2 makes me giddy
    At first glance, I thought that said "2 makes me girly," which elicited a chuckle.

Starbucks is for me.....don't like their hot coffee's but looooove their Mocha Frappaccino's with mocha drizzle! Yummy... makes me want to get one right now....see ya!
    Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Pearl City denizens can now enjoy their java from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf with the opening (just today) of this spot at the corner of Hoolaulea and Waimano Home Rd which is right where the Foodland is located. Best of all - it's a drive-through. Oh, and literally right next door is the new Beard Papa's.

Quote Originally Posted by glossyp View Post
    Pearl City denizens can now enjoy their java from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf with the opening (just today) of this spot at the corner of Hoolaulea and Waimano Home Rd which is right where the Foodland is located. Best of all - it's a drive-through. Oh, and literally right next door is the new Beard Papa's.

Have you tried Beard Papa's? I haven't but I do remember when their appearances at Shirokiya were a major event.

I just wondered if the excitement was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    Have you tried Beard Papa's? I haven't but I do remember when their appearances at Shirokiya were a major event.

I just wondered if the excitement was justified.
    I'm not a big fan of cream puffs, but if you like cream puffs they are very good. I've had a couple and one of the best things about them is that the cream filling isn't overly sweet. I think there is an entire thread here devoted to Beard Papa's.

I'm not a big fan of cream puffs, but if you like cream puffs they are very good. I've had a couple and one of the best things about them is that the cream filling isn't overly sweet. I think there is an entire thread here devoted to Beard Papa's.
    I love cream puffs. I love just about anything that contributes to the growth of the cellulite crops on my thighs.

I also make my own cream puffs which are incredibly easy to make and where you get the thrill of eating them while they are still crunchy and delicate. Cream puffs get kinda soft very quickly. Still taste good, but nothing like the fresh-filled ones.

I imagine the Beard Papa puffs are fresh-filled.

Yes, the Beard Papas are fresh filled. My favorite is the green tea. I think it's been about eight months since I had one.
    Haven't had anything from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
    I used to frequent SBx every day: $4.50 for a ventinonfatpeppermintmochawithwhipped. But now my husband and I buy our beans at Costco, where we grind them, and make a pot in the french press each morning. A lot cheaper and very delicious. I now go to SBx on occasion, and no one knows my name any more except the manager and a few old timers. That's OK with me. @;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lavagal View Post
    I used to frequent SBx every day: $4.50 for a ventinonfatpeppermintmochawithwhipped. But now my husband and I buy our beans at Costco, where we grind them, and make a pot in the french press each morning. A lot cheaper and very delicious. I now go to SBx on occasion, and no one knows my name any more except the manager and a few old timers. That's OK with me. @;-)
    LOL---I get the beans from Costco too---French Roast. They changed the packaging recently and I had a brief moment of panic when I thought they discontinued the item.

And I am forced to purchase Starbucks as that is the only coffee available, save the stuff from the Vile Coffee Pot from Hell on our unit, at the hospital from 1900 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Someone just told me about that place yesterday. I'm in LA, and he's from Kailua, but lives here now.

I'm staying in Kailua in a month, so I guess I'll be checkin that place out.

None of the above. Who can afford that stuff? When I was in a position working night shift at the airport, the only place open all night was Starbucks and I got my fill of that overpriced place then.
    I carry my own teabags. I look for places that cost around $1. Sorry, but I'd rather use my $4 toward some real food.
    I buy expensive tea to drink at home, and $4 will keep me in tea for a couple of weeks.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Cool Re: Starbucks, Jamba, or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf?

bleh--we avoid starbucks and the related jamba for their corporate philosophies.

peete's, which it seems you can get only at great harvest, is a far smoother, more balanced coffee. do a comparison of their lattes side by side and you'll see exactly what we mean. but peete's french roast, brewed in a french press, is heavenly on a lazy weekend morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    bleh--we avoid starbucks and the related jamba for their corporate philosophies.
    I gave my friend in California who is addicted to SB a "Friends don't let friends go to Starbucks" bumper sticker - she actually put it on her car but it hasn't stopped her from going to SB. She said she gets funny looks from the drivers behind her at the drive-through window.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

I gave my friend in California who is addicted to SB a "Friends don't let friends go to Starbucks" bumper sticker - she actually put it on her car but it hasn't stopped her from going to SB. She said she gets funny looks from the drivers behind her at the drive-through window.
    that is quite amusing! addict, much? i guess a bumper sticker doesn't qualify as a good intervention, tho.

peete's, which it seems you can get only at great harvest, is a far smoother, more balanced coffee. do a comparison of their lattes side by side and you'll see exactly what we mean. but peete's french roast, brewed in a french press, is heavenly on a lazy weekend morning.
    the irony in this post, which i had not known when i posted it, is the founder of peete's is one of the original founders of starbucks.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

the irony in this post, which i had not known when i posted it, is the founder of peete's is one of the original founders of starbucks.
    And he just died very recently, too.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

and the folks who brought Starbucks and Jamba to Hawaii, also brought us Blockbuster and Niketown.

I do six and eight teabags a day at home, two at a time in a giant 32oz. mug from "Big Dogs" outlets. I dig the Stash and Twinings brands cuz they are good, and have some excellent flavor assortments, and our base commissary stocks 'em.

Jamba? gotta work for them so I can have one every day, but yes, the Machta Green Tea mist, the lower calorie dairy based one, with soy protein as the free boost, and often two ounces of wheat grass mixed right in it, is my alltime fav. jamba has so many flavors I lust as I read the signs in there, but since I don't get into one even every week I just have to have my fav. once in there.

Starbucks? they have a chocolate chip drink, but the java chip with lower dairy base has enough caffeine in it, so I go for it, having a treat and my caffeine at the same time. Other times I"ll go light and have just some iced coffee with a tiny bit of dairy, and a hit of chocolate sauce, and no sweetener, man that thing gets me going, too.

By the way, Los Garcias mexican restaurant in Kailua has the absolute best ice tea I have ever been served in any restaurant in the world. It is sooo good that I have never wanted any type of sweetener at all in it, and for me, that's amazing, as I don't want a bitter taste and this tea isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast