The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

PK and I went to Aloha Stadium this morning for the farewell ceremony of The Hawai`i Army National Guards. His son is a member. We took part in the World's longest hug with those who came out to see ohana and friends. Gov. Lingle, Lt. Gov. Duke Aiona, Senator Inouye, Senator Sakamoto, Comedian Frank Delima, Singer Danny Kaleikini were in attendance. As well as some handsome Local Boys Body Guards!

Chicken skin.

As we walked slowly out together, soldiers in the front, back and side of me...my tears started to fall. My hand reached for PK. I told him "I miss my son, honey." He held me tight as I cried silent tears.

This January, I'll have four of my loved ones in Iraq.

Conrad, Justin, Justin (PK), and Christy.

I am a Proud and strong Military Mother.

Please continue to pray for our brave men and women.

And their families.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      And when did he finally learned that the Taliban is protecting their son-in-law?
      After a month of google searches, I have to admit, I have no idea what you are talking about. Would you care to elaborate further?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Last night, I found out my son is getting married! Yep. It'll be a June Wedding 2009. Here's two pics of Conrad.

God Bless the Men and Women of The United States Armed Forces!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Poor Auntie

The mother of every soldier deserves the Medal of Honor.

Best wishes to you and your family <3
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            I have patiently waited for a couple of weeks to see if anybody would mention the reduction in violence in Iraq, the increasing civility, or the fact that the troop surge has been a success.
            I took another look at this post, and while I give you credit for separating the reduction in violence from the troop surge, I think it is questionable whether the surge has been a success. Back in January, National Public Radio (NPR) got the perspective of top brass on why things have gotten better in Iraq. “The surge” was by no means touted as the sole reason, or even the primary one.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Auntie!! Your son is getting married?! Congratulations!!!!!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

My son-in-law left.

Kiana's daddy...again.

That makes three in Iraq.

Soon to be four.

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2008, 11:03 AM. Reason: better word. :)

Comment

Very disturbing news to report. An American soldier kills 5 of his own comrades at a US military base in Iraq. Not much information has come out yet re: the identity of the soldier, how long he has been in combat, his mental state of mind, etc. But you can be sure that info will be forthcoming in the days ahead. And the kicker to all this? This shocking violence took place at a counseling center where a stress clinic was being held.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...CiqGwD9849C200
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The guy had been unstable to the point where he'd been ordered to relinquish his personal weapon.

Sad proof again, that if many carried their own sidearm, and this was tried then, very few if any innocents would have been wounded or killed.

Pack a rod, save a life. Maybe your own.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Chicago conservative radio talk show host (is there any other kind?) Erick Mancow had himself waterboarded, he lasted 6 seconds, he changed his mind and now calls it torture. Sean Hannity should either put up or shut up. You do not torture people to get truth out of them, you torture them to get them to say what you want them to say, and that is why Cheney had victims waterboarded in Iraq, to force them to say that their country was involved in the 9-11 attacks when it was not, to justify his oil war. When Stalin did the same thing, it was bad. Yet conservatives..."conservatives"...applaud it when its done by Americans. But evidently not Erick Mancow any more.

Comment

I did a tour in Iraq and had the best people to fight alongside. American troops and Gurkas. We faught under the same flag.
                        As for side arms,,,,, yes oficers were orderd to carry them ! Most of us carried them on an empty chamber.

Comment

Memorial Day 2009!

Mahalo to those who served and to those who still serve our Nation, the United States of America.

Christy when she left for Iraq.

My Son, Conrad.
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; May 25, 2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

My daughter's Christy's Unit having a BBQ in Iraq.

My Son-in-law Justin in Iraq.

My daughter, Gaya, a Veteran.
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; May 25, 2009, 09:10 AM. Reason: just because....:)

Comment

Superb photos which bring back memories. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                Superb photos which bring back memories. Thanks for sharing.
                                Sharing on a day like today is all I have. I wait for the return of my loved ones so I can enjoy holidays like other families again. My hale is empty as well as my heart. I miss my daughter so very much. Her laughter and the way she looks at me when I kolohe. Yeah, my baby is in Iraq and I want her home. But just like her brother and sister before her she volunteered. And I respect and I am proud of all them. They are my children.

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X