X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's up with Djou?

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
    ("Funny, he doesn't LOOK Djouish....")
    Djou just HAD to go there, didn't djou? (Great - now I can't FORGET the name.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      Djou just HAD to go there, didn't djou? (Great - now I can't FORGET the name.)

Djou forget his name by now?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Djou forget his name by now?
        It's "Charles," isn't it?

Comment

It's "Charles," isn't it?
          I've always wondered about that syntax "isn't it" Broken down that says: Is not it? which doesn't make any sense at all, but for practical purposes it was meant to say: Is it not?

So to answer that question I would say: No because if you were to say Yes then you are agreeing that it is not Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            I've always wondered about that syntax "isn't it" Broken down that says: Is not it? which doesn't make any sense at all, but for practical purposes it was meant to say: Is it not?

So to answer that question I would say: No because if you were to say Yes then you are agreeing that it is not Charles.
            That's very Nihonteki, cw...like asking "do you not want more soup?"

Comment

That's very Nihonteki, cw...like asking "do you not want more soup?"
              I'd answer that one: No. Because answering that with a Yes would really mean: Yes I don't want anymore soup. But what you're actually telling the host is: Your soup sucks and I won't eat anymore.

Typical Japanese response (but I like that term Nihonteki)...where yes means no and no means yes. No?

Comment

I'm completely LOST!!! This the Djou Thread? I still looking for his Teeth Picture!!!

HELP!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                  I wonder why the 2nd company did not take part in the lawsuit? or, at least to the best of my knowledge, they did not.
                  Most likely because they knew the city was following the law, and Djou was pandering to Lagareta.
                  ... it would seem like there was some insider wheeling & dealing going on. Of course, this is just my own very cynical viewpoint.
                  A viewpoint directly contradicted by an investigation by the Federal Transit Administration that taxpayers paid dearly for. A viewpoint no longer being espoused by Councilman Djou.

But then again, an expert observer like yourself has inside information not yet uncovered, right?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

(edited by Anapuni808 on the basis of why bother - I have enough stress in my life)
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

post deleted

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Wow. How'd I miss this? Djou jumping into the fray in another council race, not so much by endorsing someone but by attacking a fellow councilmember, Rod Tam. Given how frequently Djou and Tam have traded barbs, Djou's backing of Tam's challenger isn't surprising... but an attack mailing is pretty petty. And that the genesis of the mailing was the state G.O.P.? A troubling indication of the tack they're likely to take in future races (whether or not they involve Djou).

Comment

Djou might be running uncontested this weekend, but I hope he pays attention to how many blank ballots turn up in his district's returns.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            Wow. How'd I miss this? Djou jumping into the fray in another council race, not so much by endorsing someone but by attacking a fellow councilmember, Rod Tam. Given how frequently Djou and Tam have traded barbs, Djou's backing of Tam's challenger isn't surprising... but an attack mailing is pretty petty. And that the genesis of the mailing was the state G.O.P.? A troubling indication of the tack they're likely to take in future races (whether or not they involve Djou).
                            Rod Tam is pretty effective at shooting himself in the foot on a steady basis, most of us don't need that pointed out.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Rod Tam is a freakin' idiot. I was going to start a thread with that as its title a few weeks ago, but I got it out of my system some other way. He's still a freakin' idiot; I'm just not as ticked off about it as I was.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                                Djou might be running uncontested this weekend, but I hope he pays attention to how many blank ballots turn up in his district's returns.
                                There were 10,000+ blank votes in Council District IV. That's 36 percent voting "not Djou," leaving him with a 63 percent win. Since the man is hardly lacking in name recognition (often cited as the primary element in some races), it's gotta say quite a bit for the amount of support he has from voters.

Perhaps the G.O.P. saw the writing on the wall, and let him "decline the never-offered offer" for Coffee's spot on the ballot in advance?

Comment

Working...
                                X