Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    One of the police officers on duty made a cool comment... "brah, where's your protesters?". I actually never thought of that, but that would've been cool to have some folks protesting. lol
    That would have been hilarious. (And it might have discouraged the idiots who attempted to assault you that night. Stupid, stupid, stupid people - it's just a costume, fer crissake {to borrow tutusue's words} - and a damn clever one at that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      That would have been hilarious. (And it might have discouraged the idiots who attempted to assault you that night. Stupid, stupid, stupid people - it's just a costume, fer crissake {to borrow tutusue's words} - and a damn clever one at that.)
      It's just astonishing how these so-called anti-HSF folks resort to violence like that. Even over a damned Halloween costume! And they all sound (major attitude) and look like they, themselves came "fresh off the boat" from the mainland (specifically wherever that may be).

That's OK, I'm donating that HSF "costume" to an HSF employee I know. They'll put it to good use!
      Last edited by Pomai; November 19, 2007, 07:44 AM.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yay!! Happy Halloween everyone!!

This year I waited til the last minute to make a costume, so I'm going to be a cat. Yeah, I know, kinda boring, but better than not dressing up at all. Sven is recycling his costume from a different party that we went to and going out as a "fat pirate". Its sooooo funny!! I'm giggling right now just thinking about it!! He has a huge fatsuit that he made a pirate costume for!! Bwaaaahhaaaahaahaaaa! Hahahahahaha!!!

I'll have to post pictures tomorrow...
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

My husband took Halloween to the office this morning. He wore his orange
          pumpkin face shirt that we got a couple years ago at Target and his
          Grateful Dead rainbow skeleton socks. Actually he wears those socks
          every Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            This year I waited til the last minute to make a costume, so I'm going to be a cat.
            That's fine. Just don't poop in your yard. And you can go in your yard and chase those birds away, too.

I always like to wear a Santa Claus costume to answer the door on Halloween. It brings a huge smile to the kids, after they get over the shock.
            "Santa!!! What are you doing here?!?"
            "Oh, I'm on vacation and resting to get ready for Christmas. Have you been a good boy/girl this year?" (And the parents behind the kids always crack up at that and give me a thumbs up.)
            Santa wears a bright red aloha shirt and white shorts, and the beard isn't the traditional curly kine, it's straight, like Leon Russell's. Here's a photo, from playing at a benefit gig to kick off the Waimanalo Christmas Parade:

And here's Leon Russell, imitating my look:
            Last edited by LikaNui; October 31, 2008, 09:41 AM. Reason: Added Leon Russell photo.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Kiana in her costume!
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Omuuuhgooosh Auntie that is SO cute! Boxing is in her blood!!!!

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Yoda are my dates tonight! I get to go trick-or-treating by myself with the keiki, the kane had to work which he is irritated about and trying to get out of. I'm realllllly thinking about breaking out my Princess Leia costume from high school that I still have.

Dunno if I feel brave enough for that though.
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Ok I just went back through this thread and I'm very disappointed that the pictures of Pomai's Superferry costume no longer show up. Do you still have those photos? I want to see it!

It's nearly noon on Halloween and I still have no costume. I just kept putting it off.
                  Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

The lamp post decoration.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Halloween

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                      The lamp post decoration.
                      Ewwwww...that is wonderfully gross!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Ewwwww...that is wonderfully gross!
                        Here's a close up, different angle version:

Comment

So Jason and I went to the big block party downtown on Friday night. Wow! I have NEVER seen so many people dressed up. It was crazy! I had such a great time just people-watching (and feeling inadequate in my last-minute powder-puff football outfit). Did anyone else go? Wanna 'fess up to what you were dressed up as, cuz the whole time I was wondering if any of you were out there?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            So Jason and I went to the big block party downtown on Friday night. Wow! I have NEVER seen so many people dressed up. It was crazy! I had such a great time just people-watching (and feeling inadequate in my last-minute powder-puff football outfit). Did anyone else go? Wanna 'fess up to what you were dressed up as, cuz the whole time I was wondering if any of you were out there?
                            I was down there for the block party. I was helping my sister manage the 5 bars before my gig at Bar 35. I hadn't shaved in well over a week, cultivating a beard for my Werewolf of London costume. Before I got into my costume, I was asked by several friends if I was going as a bum.

For a first-time event, I'd say it was a big success. Freaky people galore. The sound at the stage at Hotel and Nu'uanu was deplorable (I don't know who did the sound), but other than that, it was an excellent event.

Yo, Pesh...That photo is going to keep me creeped out well into the foreseeable future. Well done.
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                              Here's a close up, different angle version:

Missing something: blood.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

LOL! Thanks.

I have to take the time to wire it up so the eyes have the candle flicker flame light bulbs in em. I used little pen flash lights which worked ok, but not quite the total effect I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X