X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dining Out, What Are Your Peeves?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    what if that waitress happens to be a "hot hapa lady"
    Wow for a second there I thought you said "hot hapai lady"...

My pet peeve is when they don't bring everyone's entree at the same time.

Comment

Have you noticed that people dont wait til everyone is served before eating or is it just me?
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

That seems to be the norm nowadays...I remember that once upon a time everyone would wait to eat together unless the one or two people really pushed the issue and said to go ahead.

I went out over the wknd and was hit with an automatic tip because we were seated after 8:30PM - What does that have to with anything? Are people less prone to tip after 8:30PM?????
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
          Wow for a second there I thought you said "hot hapai lady"...
          Which isn't to say hapai ladies can't be hot, of course...
          My pet peeve is when they don't bring everyone's entree at the same time.
          I think this goes with the peeve that some people don't wait for everyone to be served before digging in. I can see it both ways (as I'm one of the people who insists others eat when their food arrives rather than waiting for my dish).

Several different dishes arriving at once means that some of those dishes basically sat out or under a heat lamp for several minutes. I can definitely see wanting to relish the food as fresh out of the kitchen as possible. Of course, it would be nice to be asked your preference (and some do, especially if one party's order is just salad or something), but norms and prevailing preferences change.

Here's another one...

Am I the only one kind of taken aback (only kind of!) when you ask for a condiment or something and the server nabs it from another table... with patrons at it? Or, having your setting cannibalized for a later party? I guess one can't expect a smaller restaurant to have one {x} for every table, but if there's going to be rotating going on, they should retrieve them promptly and "stage" them near the kitchen or something. It just seems rude to steal it from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope
            I will have to say, regarding folks spittin' in the food...I've been in the bar/restaurant/nightclub/gaming business for about 29 years. In all these years, I have seen NO ONE spit in the food when sent back. Rest assured, it probably wasn't messed with. (the movie "waiting" was a comedy)
            I don't know about spitting in the food but I would not be surprised. I have had fast food that had a distinctly pine fresh aroma to it that I called a mgr on, and there was the case here in NY about a year or so ago where a cop did get broken glass in his Mickey's D burger...
            Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Working...
            X