Sketchcrawl Chinatown 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchcrawl Chinatown 2006

Join in on a worldwide drawing marathon tomarrow (9/23)

Sketchcrawl, the art version of a pub crawl comes to Honolulu.
    Meet at 8:30am in front of Zaney's Restaurant, 1170 Nu'uanu Ave. then meander around Chinatown and sketch (or write). Sound good?
    Any HT artists interested? I'll be busy with my clean up day at the park and my sketches are really more like doodles. HaHa!

Sketchcrawls, started by San Francisco artist Enrico Casarosa in 2004, will be happening the same day around the world. Check out the global community at www.sketchcrawl.com. For more info on the Honolulu Event, call 286-6566 Lesa Griffith (Honolulu Advertiser - 9/22)

Auntie Lynne! Maybe you can catch some of the action and inside stories?!
    Last edited by Menehune Man; September 22, 2006, 10:50 PM.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Sketchcrawl Chinatown 2006

Menehune Man, How I wish I could. As you know...tomarrow is Primary Election Day. I'll be quite busy from 6:00 a.m. till way afta polls are closed. Have FuN and please let us know how it went.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

hey, id like to participate (even though i havent drawn in years) but i have plans for tommorrow already. whens the next one?
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

i missed it and my gal is out of town anyway but i bet she'd love to photodocument the next adventure, assuming there is one and you give us advance notice...

aloha

www.redheartphoto.com
        808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Interesting concept. Unfortunate timing (but unavoidable since it's a global collaboration), and most definitely late notice. Maybe there'll be one annually.

I've particpated in various "24 hours around the world" photography projects, and they're always fun. Making the medium a sketchpad is pretty cool.

Comment

There's something similar for filmmakers...the monthly Showdown in Chinatown. Filmmakers (wannabes and pros) have 24 hours to receive the concept and 2 prop requirements, write, shoot, edit and screen their short films. If I was 30 years younger I'd go for it in a heart beat.

Comment

that showdown sounds fun to me too =)
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
                that showdown sounds fun to me too =)
                According to some of the 30somethings I've talked to, one really needs to still be under 30 to go thru the rigors and stress of that 24 hours. However, all have said it was great fun. Not all are willing to do it a 2nd time. Many have participated several times! Now, if the concept involved sleeping and the 2 props were a pillow and a blankie...then maybe I'd volunteer for the part of the 'actor'!

Comment

Working...
                X