• Show
Clear All

Re: Toy memories

Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

No, they did not name that doll that....i'm imagining that...someone was pretty slick in the marketing firm and are having a good laugh now i'm sure...
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

The one toy that I would've loved to be good at playing was the Yo Yo! I used to watch the commericals (I think Duncan?) for them with envy.
        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
          Forgot about this one... anyone ever had a Slinky?
          When I was a kid me and my neighbor Bruce had slinky wars trying to see who could get theirs tangled the worst as we shot them past each other holding the ends.

What walks down stairs...everyone knows it's Slinky!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

rofl that cabbage patch kid doll name is $$$hawt

Comment

Soldier figurines, tanks, and cannons were big for us guys as little tykes.

My favorite was Fort Apache, with the cavalry and Indians, along with horses. Fort Apache was home to Rin Tin Tin and his master, Rusty, Lt. Rip Masters, and Sgt. O'Hara. I see sets on sale on e-Bay from time to time.

Comment

I have one word Q~BERT, man I miss Q-Bert
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

two words for me: Johnny Sokko
                  You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

The Simon game. It was one of the first electronic games, complete with lights and sound. It was a big round disk with four large button that each made a specific sound. You played by following the lead of the person before you, trying to duplicate from memory the "music" that was being created.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post

Then there was Silly Putty, and the SLINKY !
                      Sorry tiki, I didn't know that you had brought it up earlier.. re: Slinky.

But yeah I remember Silly Putty too. It came in that easter egg container. I think you could transfer newsprint and comics onto it... the cool thing was that it could bounce like a superball.

Ahh the original black superball... that's another one.

Comment

the atari 2600 made the toy hall of fame...just looking at the pic brought back memories of me and my cousin playing...
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I was another old-school GI Joe guy - but also had a Marxx toy soldier play set that had all of the good old dangerous 1960's toys - like spring-loaded rockets that could crack the ceiling plaster if you shot them off inside the house. They may have been dangerous, but they sure were fun!
                          "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                          Socrates.

Comment

My Mattel Vac-u-form --- 50 years later and I'm still using it!
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                            X