Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toy memories

Originally posted by Pomai
    lol! I'm sure you could use any object such as coins as "players". Heads vs. tails. Come to find out, the proper name of it is ELECTRIC FOOTBALL.

Alot of my "toys" were actually plastic model kits that I got into building from a very young age (starting around 6). Never got into painting and detail for static display until my teens. I must've built every single kit from Revell and Monogram collectively over those past years.

Our house had a pool, so naturally the kits of choice were battleships. Had to add weights in the hull on most of them, as they weren't seaworthy out of the box. Also built lots of planes that I would pretend to crash - and when I say crash, I mean CRASH. Broke da' wings off and all. Even go as far as lighting them on fire. lol

Kinda' sad how it seems to be a dying hobby. Most kids today rather finish the final level of Halo than put the finishing touch of personal pride on a model kit.
    What was the name of those really weird model kits?? Whacky vehicles with grotesque cartoonish figures---anyone remember?? I built a bunch of those when I was a kid. I think they were by Revell?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
      Don't mean to pry, but, children not permitted to have toys? Do you allow your children to have toys, Blue?
      Of course I do! More than they need LOL

Just because I had a marred childhood, I would never allow that to happen to my sweet boys.

Thanks for the concern...my parents were just pretty messed up. I don't carry on the tradition of no toys, or the other things that would scare the pants off ya!

My boys have toys
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

OH! and does anyone remember COLECO vision! I think Commodore 64's beat them out of business. I played that when we went to visit auntie!

Comment

i remember the smurf game on coleco. ive been thining about the how games have been thru the years. my mom used to buy me the 2600 cartridges which were what? $40? Now you can play something 100000x better for free on your cell phone, interweb, pc, psp, etc.
          remember this?

or this
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Oh Hellbent...your picture gives me nightmares...

I wanted one of those for my Birthday in September when I was a kid...and didn't get one... then I wanted it again for x-mas and didn't get one...

When I finally asked my mom why she never got me one... she said was cause it made to much noise...

I wanted one of those for so long... and I finally got one...when I was 12.... I played that thing for ages...until it dropped on the ground and broke.

just blips on a screen...but those that had one...were addicted to it.

And I wasn't allowed to play it around my mom.

Comment

We actually have that football game in our closet from my husbands childhood toys. Still works!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                We actually have that football game in our closet from my husbands childhood toys. Still works!
                Hold onto it pinkeyecicle -

Might be worth some cash!

Comment

Well we have 2 and another kind also. Maybe I will have to see if it is worth something. Thanks for the tip Manoa.

Comment

Well we have 2 and another kind also. Maybe I will have to see if it is worth something. Thanks for the tip Manoa.
                    Geez if you have 2... I send you one box of macadamia nuts for one of em

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                      What was the name of those really weird model kits?? Whacky vehicles with grotesque cartoonish figures---anyone remember?? I built a bunch of those when I was a kid. I think they were by Revell?
                      Yeah I built those too! I think it was Revell. The name of one of them was Drag Nut... I think . The model itself looked cartoony but they did look cool back then.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        Wheel-O was that U-shaped handle that a magnetized wheel would ride on.
                        That's the guy I'm talking about. I remember having contests among my siblings to see who could make it go the fastest.

Speaking of being an older brother to a kid sister... isn't it in the job description for us to torture our kid sisters? lol... I remember getting in trouble for lining all my sister's dolls up on her dresser so that it looked like they were all ready to jump on her when she woke up... of course this is after I tell her a bed time story of the "Curse of the Dolls haha. She always brings that up even to this day.

Comment

Of course I do! More than they need LOL

Just because I had a marred childhood, I would never allow that to happen to my sweet boys.

Thanks for the concern...my parents were just pretty messed up. I don't carry on the tradition of no toys, or the other things that would scare the pants off ya!

My boys have toys

My parents were a trip, too. And I have really crazy hair to prove it! But it isn't pink. Your hair is adorable. You look like you could be a doll. Just don't be a BRATZ. Those things are banned from my house! Besides, they have no FEET!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                            My parents were a trip, too. And I have really crazy hair to prove it! But it isn't pink. Your hair is adorable. You look like you could be a doll. Just don't be a BRATZ. Those things are banned from my house! Besides, they have no FEET!
                            Ooo. Obake.

An idle thought---isn't Star Jones looking more and more like a BRATZ doll?

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                              Ooo. Obake.

An idle thought---isn't Star Jones looking more and more like a BRATZ doll?
                              I googled cause I didn't know wat a BRATZ doll looked like.

http://www.bratz.com/

Star Jones?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too Funny.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I love it!

My Kid 2 has a white life-like kitty toy that purrs and meows and wags its tail, nods its head. It's beautiful, but it's spooky! It's apparently triggered with motion sensors, but we can be out here and that cat's in the bedroom and it goes off! So I always have to be sure it's switch is off when it's bed time. Maybe the curtain sets it off, but it gives me the heebieejeebies.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X