X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Primary Election Day Live Thread

Some stuff edited out

Originally posted by Miulang
    One thing I find kind of interesting about the Maui mayoral race is all candidates are classed "non-partisan" but during campaigning, all identified with a political party.

So I wonder how come Maui ended up with a modified "blanket" primary for its Maui offices? Is each county autonomous as far as their local primaries are concerned?
    What would have happen is that ballot would have a section for the non-partisan races. Statewide the Board of Education was in that section and in the case of Maui County there would be another section for the Mayor of Maui.

Also the ballots are not universal across the state, it maybe different at the precinct level.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Good question. The Advertiser also seems to state flatly that Yagong is in as of the primary, after mentioning the 50 percent threshhold.
      I learned the hard way, but the Honolulu Advertiser results do not include over
      or blank ballots. I was using HA's results for blog, but after reading that it
      didn't include those ballot I used the Office of Elections results.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

KGMB's website that they have set up for the elections include the blank vote counts. In the end it is best to go with the Hawaii Elections site since they issue the official PDFs of the vote counts. If they haven't already, there should be a final vote count posted to their site by now. And then later a final certified vote count.

On the topic of media boo-boos, a slight but nonetheless glaring one IMO...

KGMB TV did a feature report on the election and vote counting process and how the Hawaii State Capitol is being used as the counting center. At the end of the report, they said when today's (yesterday) election was over the place would revert back to being a legislative room... I think they forgot that the place is also used for the same process to count the general election ballots.

After that it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the Office of Elections to finally clear out of the capitol and turn the place back over to the Senate and the House.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks for the fun, all. For ongoing political debate, see the rest of Hawaii Hall.

Comment

Working...
          X