X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primary Election Day Live Thread

Originally posted by timkona
    Just got back from the Painted Church. Crossed party lines to cast a vote for Ed Case. That's the only scratch I made on the ballot.

If you were going to cross party lines, you could have at least voted in the other races. One vote for Case isn't going to do anything aside from making you feel better. Even with your one vote for Case, my residence alone gives Akaka a 5 vote edge.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      I got a question. If a candidate for rep gets more than 50% of the vote, does he win automatic? Cuz I want Hosley to win over Herkes in my district for the State House.
      If there are other candidates in other parties for that race, the answer would be no and it will be decided in the general.

Now if that race had all the candidates on one party, I think the one who had the most votes in the primary gets the seat since basically that person will be running unopposed in the general.

I suspect the more than 50% rule applies to races where it's non-partiasn like the mayors of Kauai and Honolulu (I don't know the situtation for Maui or the Big Island mayors).

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        I'm hoping Case will win it...
        Well if you want to do something about it go out and vote for the guy assuming of course you are regisitered to vote in the first place. You still got another hour and half to do it before the game starts.

Comment

Here lies the problem Helen...

I don't want him to win that much...and I don't want akaka to win that much either...
          But I do want UH to win!

I'd much rather prepare for the UH Game...make sure my place is cleaned and the food is prepared for my guests that are coming over.

Comment

Polls opened early and it generally takes half an hour, tops, to vote. Took me fifteen minutes total, from the moment I left the house to when I got back. I also had errands, a telephone call, and a soccer game this morning, and still fit in a trip to the polls... wellbefore the UH game started. In all your football planning, you still found the time to post up a storm here since before 7 a.m.

Don't make excuses. If you're a lazy bum, you're a lazy bum. Be proud. But, "No vote, no grumble." Don't pretend to care about politics if you intentionally decide not to do your part.

Comment

No one will be hearing me grumble... unless 1stwahine isn't elected to MWH Tenants Association...(and I couldn't vote there if I wanted to)

And yeah... I'm a lazy...non-politcal... bad spelling... bum.
              But at least I can keep my hopes alive still for UH and BJ Penn!

Comment

Here lies the problem Helen...

I don't want him to win that much...and I don't want akaka to win that much either...
                But I do want UH to win!

You get to vote on that??

Comment

You Better Vote Manoa !!!!!!!

Or Im Gonna Kick Urass In Dec
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                    You get to vote on that??
                    You sure do...
                    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10339

Comment

My son-inlaw dropped me with my bumbucha Ed case sign.hahahaha

I wore my Ed Case t-shirt ova my Karl Roads t-shirt.

Had ukapila Colin Wong supporters in front of Kaiulani School. Mostly the current Board members and their families of MWH. I got out of the car and walked proudly with my sign.heheheh

I no scared. I'm pUpule!

Das right. Auntie pUpule

I turned the top t-shirt back words and went to Vote. Was easy. Went back outside and sign waved to passing motorists. Den I got dizzy. I knew my body needed rest already. I came home.

Afta pau kaukau I gotta go feed my friends at Kaukau Wagon...that's my priority every Saturday. I will return home to rest. I'll go to Ed's and Karl's parties tonight if my body and mind say I can. If can - can. If no can - no can.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Manoa, no excuses. Vote. One thing I hate is a SOB who make excuses upon excuses! 1-4-3
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Can't someone vote to not vote?

What is so wrong with that?

I don't feel comfortable with any of the candidates?

I won't grumble...however, It's funny watching everyone else grumble about me not voting

Geez people... This is America and it's your right to vote or not to vote.

Comment

Can't someone vote to not vote?

What is so wrong with that?

I don't feel comfortable with any of the candidates?

I won't grumble...however, It's funny watching everyone else grumble about me not voting

Geez people... This is America and it's your right to vote or not to vote.

Mahalo for not voting Manoa...that is one less vote for Case, Yay one less vote for Case!

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
                            Mahalo for not voting Manoa...that is one less vote for Case, Yay one less vote for Case!
                            Just because I said I hope case wins...doesn't mean I would have voted for him.

I always hope the Seahawks win... I don't always vote for them to win when it matters to me.

Could have been one more vote for AKAKA.

I will tell all of you at HT that if it's a dead even race...you can all give me crap....and then ask me who I would have voted for.

Comment

I always hope the Seahawks win... I don't always vote for them to win when it matters to me.

I will tell all of you at HT that if it's a dead even race...you can all give me crap....and then ask me who I would have voted for.
                              Comparing a NFL football game to a political election. What a joke.

Who cares who you would have voted for. If you're too lazy to get off your rear end and go do your civic duty, then your opinion doesn't matter.

No vote, no grumble. Just shut up already.

Comment

Whos grumbling? those that are insisting on telling me that I don't have a right not to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X