Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show Your Blog

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    The third chapter of the Carnival of Aloha is out.
    The link in your post doesn't seem to work; try here.

Comment

Hi Leo! Thank you for catching that!

Thank you, Infinity, for announcing it for us.

Our Hawaii bloggers, as usual, made it another fun one!

Where's Ryan?

I'm feeling a little guilty because I haven't been around much so I don't know what's happening. Is everybody okay? Just checking.
      Aloha,
      Evelyn
      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        The link in your post doesn't seem to work; try here.
        Leo thank you, what can I say it's not the first time.
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Just started writing again.

hawaiistories.com/jamie

Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Hi Jamie!

I went to go see your blog. Felt that one! Nice to meet you!
            Aloha,
            Evelyn
            Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Glad to see you writing again, Jamie. Hopefully you'll be documenting triumphs as well as trials soon enough. But writing is good therapy, and a great way to connect and keep up with friends.

Sorry I missed the last round, Evelyn! I'll have to stay in better touch... and volunteer, soon, to host the Carnival.

Here's something. If you have a blog and are willing to geek out with other local bloggers, I'm experimenting with a service called CLIQ. It's like a Flash-based, sidebar-positioned, Web 2.0 version of webrings. Anyone remember webrings? Basically a way for associated bloggers to link each other dynamically.

You can check out the Hawaii CLIQ here, and you can request to join here. Note that for the CLIQ system to work, you need to include the "widget" code in the sidebar of your blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
                Hi Jamie!

I went to go see your blog. Felt that one! Nice to meet you!
                Thanks Evelyn. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

My how times have changed. The House Majority has put out the call for a full-time blogger. Love to write and take digital photos? Interested in politics and the legislative process? Check it out.

Comment

Ryan,

thanks for the heads up on CliqIn.

I just setup one for my wedding photography blog

http://www.cliqin.com/web/cliq_detail/293

website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      My how times have changed. The House Majority has put out the call for a full-time blogger. Love to write and take digital photos? Interested in politics and the legislative process? Check it out.
                      Good GAWD, has not Ian Lind already recruited and been hired for this? If not, they need to get a clue!
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I'll show my blog...why not?!

The Fuel Depot
                        Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

Nice one Slick! Oh, and thanks for letting everyone know they're a genius! Everyone will be happy to know that you only need to be in Junior High to get through mine!

So, here's the call! Deadline for the Carnival of Aloha is a week away... next Wednesday!

If you're going to join in this go 'round, send send your posts in! Slick, will you join us? Please? That would be cool! Here's today's post with the links to the guidelines and the submission form. I was being emotional this morning but I needed to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving because you guys have been so awesome and so supportive!

Slick, I've got to tell you... I had a piggy picture like that in my camera... I deleted the poor burnt corpse because I was so offended that a high-class restaurant would even think of putting something like that on their table. But, apparently a lot of them do it. John Dominis did NOT get a nice write up from me and that was one reason! Anyway, I had to share that. Theirs was a baby pig that looked like it was thrown into a fire. Ugh!

But, I like Brad's town! I wish there was one big enough around here to move in to!

Have fun everyone, have a great weekend and stay safe!
                          Aloha,
                          Evelyn
                          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Calling all bloggers! A grad student at UH, working on a Masters in communications, is trying to get in touch with bloggers in Hawaii. If you blog, drop her a line... she's only got one question for you:
                            My name is Marcie Stoddard and I am currently a graduate student here at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I am currently working on my masters in communication and am completing my research methodology class. I am conducting a small research to look at user generated content through blogs and what motivates Hawaii residents to blog.

If you could answer the following question to the best of your ability and the best of your knowledge. If you like you can also express any background information about yourself.

Why do you blog?

Thank you for your time. If you have any questions you can contact me at mstoddar@hawaii.edu

Comment

We've got another Carnival of Aloha! This time we're going by canoe!
                              Aloha,
                              Evelyn
                              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

I've been a member since April 2004 but have contributed a piteous 46 posts to HawaiiThreads.com. Obviously, I don't come around as much as I should, because when I revisited the site today, I realized that there is such an amazing community of individuals with insights, opinions, and fun galore! To be honest, trying to break in to such a well-established community such as HT as an old newbie is somewhat intimidating. It's akin to being the new kid at school, you know? So, I scoured the board for an easy topic to join and found this one.

With that said, here's my blog:
                                http://www.champuru.net/blog

Blogging since before "blog" was a word ~ and still going strong.

Looking forward to spending more time here on the board. (This sounds like deja vu, because I think I've said that sometime in the past.)

Aloha!

Comment

Working...
                                X