Show Your Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Your Blog

Yo, 1stWahine, I left you a comment on your site! Congratulations! This is so cool -- I love this landmark kinda stuff! Kudos!

I got one submission for the carnival this morning so it must be working? Try again... just follow the link to the form...

Carnival of Aloha

Which form was it that wasn't working? Maybe blogcarnival.com was down for a bit? Hmmm...
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Evelyn, Mahalo for stopping by and leaving an awesome comment! Blogging is FuN! Three years and I'm still going strong!heheheh

I've submitted my entry.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've got your entry! This is going to be one fun blog carnival! My mind is working on it already!

We've got lots of time gang so don't panic. I promise to remind everyone when the deadline for the first one is upon us! FYI: The deadline for submissions for our Labor Day and first Carnival of Aloha is August 29th.
        Aloha,
        Evelyn
        Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Good Morning!

PSA: I'm just keeping my promise to remind our bloggers...

The deadline for submissions to the Carnival of Aloha is next week Wednesday, August 29th. The form for submitting your post is here.

This first "Carnival" is scheduled to go live on September 3rd (Labor Day!). There will not be another reminder until the next deadline (the end of September) for the one to go live on October 1st.
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Thank you to PZ (Ryan) and http://www.hawaiistories.com for hosting my blog INFINITY. Enjoy!
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
              Thank you to PZ (Ryan) and http://www.hawaiistories.com for hosting my blog INFINITY. Enjoy!
              Yeah, thanks Ryan! Got it! Love it! Subscribed to the RSS feed. Now, about that kalbi recipe...

It's funny you mentioned that. I understand the passion behind it. Relatively recently, my mother told me that my father had a manuscript he was working on that was for a book on Statehood. It's gone -- no papers to be found anywhere. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that now. I was only 5 when we lost him, so, how could I have known to protect it? I don't even remember seeing it. It means so very much to me now.

The things our parents leave us with are important. I felt that from tutusue also; her writings about her dad are pretty moving!

So, Infinity, has anyone made kalbi that even comes close?
              Aloha,
              Evelyn
              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
                Yeah, thanks Ryan! Got it! Love it! Subscribed to the RSS feed. Now, about that kalbi recipe...

It's funny you mentioned that. I understand the passion behind it. Relatively recently, my mother told me that my father had a manuscript he was working on that was for a book on Statehood. It's gone -- no papers to be found anywhere. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that now. I was only 5 when we lost him, so, how could I have known to protect it? I don't even remember seeing it. It means so very much to me now.

The things our parents leave us with are important. I felt that from tutusue also; her writings about her dad are pretty moving!

So, Infinity, has anyone made kalbi that even comes close?
                First, here's a virtual hug for sharing about your father (((((((SPRITE)))))). I began to read tutusue's blog about her father, and it touched too close to my soul...I had to stop, a few times. My parents are quite proud that I'm back into some type of writing. My Mom has already notified the "Aunties" so they're online too and my Dad, he said, "Now do I have stories for you." I'm sure I'll be writing his story too, and proud to do so also.

The only thing all of us got from the kalbi was my Papa's cast iron frying pan! And that too was eventually lost in the many moves since his passing.

Thank you for subscribing. I can see it now, adding to the group for guest list, "THE HTers".

Do you have blog as well?
                ___
                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                  First, here's a virtual hug for sharing about your father (((((((SPRITE)))))).

Thank you for subscribing. I can see it now, adding to the group for guest list, "THE HTers".

Do you have blog as well?
                  Hugs right back! {{{{{{{Infinity!}}}}}}}

Hey, a group guest list is good.

Yes, I do...Homespun Honolulu.
                  Aloha,
                  Evelyn
                  Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Congrats to Aaron Stene and Hunter Bishop for being named "Best of the Big Island" by Hawaii island Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      Congrats to Aaron Stene and Hunter Bishop for being named "Best of the Big Island" by Hawaii island Journal.
                      Thank you, PZ! I would have missed it completely if you hadn't said something. This is so cool! I left them both comments.
                      Aloha,
                      Evelyn
                      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Talk about a major surprise when I came home from work this AM. I didn't realize my blog had got voted "Best of Hawaii Island." until this AM. I'm really gratified and surprised.
                        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

congrats konaguy! i read you!
                          life is ok sometimes

Comment

Congratulations Aaron!

Write On!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Write On!
                              Too hilariously funny
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                                congrats konaguy! i read you!
                                Big Mahalos for the kinda words