Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show Your Blog

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
    Infinity Pro submitted the Carnival to Digg! http://digg.com/world_news/Carnival_of_Aloha_Chapter_2
    I bet it was Neenz! Thank you, yabo!

I Dugg it. Go ahead and Digg it too and let whoever you want know about it. The more we get the Hawaii blogs added to people's favorites/bookmarks/RSS feeds, the better I like it!

Carnival participants can start thinking about being a host in the months to come. I can set you up so people will see which month will be yours to host! Ryan has right of first refusal so I'll defer to him to take his pick of which month. Next month is locked in already! We actually have two submissions already! Tell me which month and we'll set it up so everyone can see which month is yours!

We'll talk about hosting later but I wanted to get the Digg thing out to you guys as soon as I saw it. Thank you, Google alerts! Go to Digg!
    Will go digg!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

It has been Stumbled Upon too if anyone is familiar with Stumble Upon.

I need caffeine!
      Aloha,
      Evelyn
      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

It has been Stumbled Upon too if anyone is familiar with Stumble Upon.

I need caffeine!
        I also Blue Dot, Ma.gnolia, Technorati, and del.icio.us have you received any info on those sites too?

I don't Stumble...yet!
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

We talked a little about StumbleUpon previously. Throwing in Digg and Delicious and Ma.gnolia and BlueDot and ... well, a couple of dozens of others, there's probably room for a dedicated, separate "social bookmarking" discussion.

As for my blog? Though I guess you'd find out via the Carnival of Aloha, I guess I should actually also announce here that I moved my blog off my personal domain to its own shiny happy website. Check out the new and improved Hawaii Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            We talked a little about StumbleUpon previously. Throwing in Digg and Delicious and Ma.gnolia and BlueDot and ... well, a couple of dozens of others, there's probably room for a dedicated, separate "social bookmarking" discussion.

As for my blog? Though I guess you'd find out via the Carnival of Aloha, I guess I should actually also announce here that I moved my blog off my personal domain to its own shiny happy website. Check out the new and improved Hawaii Blog.
            PZ (I need to keep up with our different monikers )

I have been enjoying the fact that you've been blogging regularly since moving it over, and am wondering if you have that meerkat in your backyard!
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

I updated my blog to Wordpress. The new URL is http://thekonablog.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Interesting story at this link from today's Advertiser website:

Honolulu among leaders when it comes to blogging

Honolulu ranks as one of the top six metropolitan areas in the U.S. when it comes to people who read or contribute to blogs, according to a new survey.
                The ranking by Scarborough Research found 12 percent of Honolulu adults have read or contributed to a blog in the past 30 days. That tied Honolulu with San Diego.
                Austin, Texas topped the rankings with 15 percent, followed by Portland, Ore. at 14 percent. Seattle/Tacoma and the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose area, which each had 13 percent.
                "Not surprisingly, the cities that rank highly for bloggers are also prominent Internet-usage markets. Austin and San Francisco adults, for example, are more likely than the average to have a broadband connection at home," said Gary Meo, senior vice president, print and digital media services, in a news release.
                "Additionally, Austin, Portland, San Francisco and Seattle are markets with large high-tech economies."
                Scarborough, a research firm that studies shopping, media and demographics, ranked 79 areas. Honolulu was listed ahead of such metropolitan areas as Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, Boston and Los Angeles. The national average was 8 percent.
                The lowest-ranked cities were Pittsburgh and Buffalo at 2 percent.

Top 10 Metropolitation areas:

Austin, TX 15 percent
                Portland, OR 14
                San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA 13
                Seattle/Tacoma, WA 13
                Honolulu, HI 12
                San Diego, CA 12
                Dallas/Fort Worth, TX 11
                Columbus, OH 11
                Nashville, TN 11
                Colorado Springs/Pueblo, CO 11

Lowest 10 Metropolitan areas:

St. Louis, MO 6
                Birmingham, AL 5
                Charlotte, NC 5
                West Palm Beach/Fort Pierce, FL 5
                Fresno/Visalia, CA 5
                Cleveland/Akron, OH 5
                Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA 4
                Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA 4
                Buffalo, NY 2
                Pittsburgh, PA 2

Source: Scarborough Research

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Cool! Thanks, LikaNui, for sharing that! That was perfect timing too... hey gang, this is the one week reminder before the deadline for the next Carnival of Aloha. The deadline is next Wednesday and it will all go live on Monday, November 5th.

Here's the address: http://www.homespunhonolulu.com/carnival-of-aloha/

Interesting study, LikaNui, I never thought we would be one of the tops. Hmmm...
                  Aloha,
                  Evelyn
                  Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Ah, I didn't know it'd make the Advertiser (though when it comes to 'breaking news,' a new toaster would make the cut, I guess). I blogged the rankings here.

I think it's great to be in the top ten, and Scarborough knows numbers better than some other rankings I've seen, but... 13 percent of all adults in Honolulu are bloggers? And eight percent of all American adults are bloggers? I still think that's pretty high, even given their liberal definition of what a blogger is.

I'm fortunate to be able to speak on blogging now and then, and I'm lucky to find 13 percent of any audience -- even tech-savvy college kids -- who know what a blog is, let alone read them regularly. Never mind "contributing" to them.

If there are indeed 90,959 bloggers in Honolulu, I've been hanging out in all the wrong places!

Comment

Yeah, you and me both! 90k? OMG! Thanks for the link so I can go check out the details... hmmm... Honolulu specific eh? LOL!

When someone figures out where they all are, can someone let us know?
                      Aloha,
                      Evelyn
                      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

When someone figures out where they all are, can someone let us know?
                        Ahhhh...MySpace.com?

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oops. Bad math. It's 12 percent, not 13, so 84,071 bloggers on Oahu.

Yeah, if they include all the crap on MySpace, I guess you can get closer to that number. But I wouldn't count it, and even if I did, that's a lot of bloggers.

It's an impossible number to nail down, frankly, just like the number of blogs. One person can start ten blogs and abandon them. I imagine the vast majority of blogs that are started never make it past the first ten posts.

Comment

yup - i have a blog! And it has only 1 post - hahaha! (Although my MySpace blog has quite a few ... )

http://www.kanahina.blogspot.com/

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...iendID=9604461
                            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Ahhhh...MySpace.com?

Auntie Lynn
                              OMG! I wouldn't even have thought of that! I wonder if that means we have more MySpace than anything else.

I was going to say I kind of like being called "bloggiest." Sigh. Oh well, hopefully the other places are getting tagged bloggiest with an equal percentage of MySpace making up their counts.
                              Aloha,
                              Evelyn
                              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

The third chapter of the Carnival of Aloha is out. Huge hugs and a grateful Mahalo to Sprite for once again taking the time to organize it all! Featured among others this month are Auntie Pupule, Tita Lika and Infinity.
                                ___
                                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                                X