Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Keali'i Reichel's fans

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Right on. I also got word from the same publicist that there will be a "Makaha Sons Live at the Hawai`i Theatre" DVD coming soon, from their 2006 Hana Hou performance. Natalie Ai Kamauu is one of the guests, and I really enjoy her CD.

Aloha mai,

I love her CD too. I am so glad that she was Female Vocalist this year. I am also interested in buying both DVD's.

Besides KR's Christmas CD, how many of you know that there will be a DVD of his Kukahi 2006 concert coming out from his performance on O'ahu? Achow told me.
    'Alika

Comment

I understand Hema Pa`a also plan a holiday album this year, along with someone else who escapes my memory at the moment.
      Cazimeros - I just got it today; it's called "Caz Christmas."

Comment

Just picked up Ke`alaokamaile today, pretty cool. Wish more of it was like the first two tracks but it's good stuff.

Comment

Release date for this one is December 12; haven't got the other one confirmed yet.
          ... there will be a "Makaha Sons Live at the Hawai`i Theatre" DVD coming soon, from their 2006 Hana Hou performance. Natalie Ai Kamauu is one of the guests ...

Comment

Coming out in November, a DVD from the PBS Hawai`i tv series, "Superstars of Hawaiian Music in the Best of Na Mele IV." There are five Keali`i Reichel pieces on it, along with performences by Amy Hanaiali`i Gilliom & Willie K, Makaha Sons, Maunalua and `Ale`a.
            Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Wow! That's a 'must buy'. Thanks LL. If it's convenient, please update this thread when the DVD is released as my senior moments are on the increase!
            Release date announced today as November 21. Also coming in November, a DVD of Hapa's "Maui" album (hosted by Peter Fonda, also from the PBS Hawai`i "Na Mele" series.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
              Just picked up Ke`alaokamaile today, pretty cool. Wish more of it was like the first two tracks but it's good stuff.

_Ke'alaokamaile is a great album. My favorite song is "Ka Nohona Pili Kai." I also think "Lei Hana I Ka Makani Ualau'awa" is one of the best chants he has ever done. If you liked 1 and 2 the best, I think you should consider picking up _Kamahiwa. The first disk is mele and the second is 'oli. You'll like that.
              'Alika

Comment

Oh, how many of you knew that mele.com has clips from _Maluhia online now? I heard them yesterday. I think the whole album is going to be excellent.
                'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                  _Ke'alaokamaile is a great album. My favorite song is "Ka Nohona Pili Kai." I also think "Lei Hana I Ka Makani Ualau'awa" is one of the best chants he has ever done. If you liked 1 and 2 the best, I think you should consider picking up _Kamahiwa. The first disk is mele and the second is 'oli. You'll like that.
                  Neat, thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                    Neat, thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out.

Hope you like it.
                    'Alika

Comment

Also coming in November, a DVD of Hapa's "Maui" album (hosted by Peter Fonda, also from the PBS Hawai`i "Na Mele" series.)
                      Official release date is now December 5.

Comment

WTG, Keali'i! His first CD, Kawaipunahele, recently became the first album of traditional Hawaiian music to sell 500,000 copies worldwide. So what if it took 12 years to do it? At least it's a sign that traditional Hawaiian music is reaching a larger audience and maybe one of these days, something other than a ki'ho'alu album will take first place at the Grammys for Best Hawaiian Album.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Gotta give credit for a musical artist to achive this in a short time, whether you like his music or not. As a Kumu Hula for Maui, and a musician he really made a name for himself and all involved, including Uluwehi G. Sorry I no can spell his last name. Anyway Kelii came along way and as a Maui boy made a name for himself. Way to go Kelii, you made us proud Maui No Ka Oi....
                          OGGBOY
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                          X