No announcement yet.

Know of any really good tattoo artists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know of any really good tattoo artists?

Need some help. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years. I'd like to get a memorial tattoo for my mom who died unexpectedly about 3 years ago. I have an idea of what I want but need the artist to draw it out for me and add some of their ideas to it. Do any of you know a really good tattoo artist on island?? There are so many shops on the island nowadays but I'd like to see if any of you can recommend someone to me. Thank you all in advance!!!!

Re: Know of any really good tattoo artists??

See if you can connect with Trisha Allen - she does custom tats.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Mike Ledger.

Te Rangi Kaihoro. (when he's actually here, anyway)

Keone Nunes.
      Last edited by Lei Liko; September 27, 2006, 06:22 PM.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

sorry, I spelled her name wrong - its TRICIA Allen. here is a link to her website:

http://tattootraditions.alohaworld.c...ions/index.htm

She did mine a few years ago & has done designs for some of my friends - one of them is large mo'o that goes across my friend's back. It's beautiful!
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I know a tattoo artist, I know him only as "Q". <I think that might stand for Cutey, nah, I dunno~~ I thought he was hot!>...anyway he's really good, beautiful designs and if you mention to him who what where and why you're getting it, especially bcuz It'll be in memory of your mom ~ he'll take care of you and make it special . He was in Town, but now he's out country ~ Waimanalo, hope you don't mind the drive. I dont know the name of the shop but I can get it for you & his numba~

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate all your recommendations. Once I get my tattoo I'll post a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
              I know a tattoo artist, I know him only as "Q". <I think that might stand for Cutey, nah, I dunno~~ I thought he was hot!>...anyway he's really good, beautiful designs and if you mention to him who what where and why you're getting it, especially bcuz It'll be in memory of your mom ~ he'll take care of you and make it special . He was in Town, but now he's out country ~ Waimanalo, hope you don't mind the drive. I dont know the name of the shop but I can get it for you & his numba~

I like hot guys I might have to check him out.... LOL Waimanalo is no problem... I lived on the windward side my whole life. And used to cruise Waimanalo back in the day. hahah I'd like someone who is gonna make it special because it won't be just another tattoo.. It will be my first and it will have a very special meaning for me! Thanks

Comment

Digging up an old thread to post that Soul Signature does great work! Aisea did mine. He also does traditional tatau.

-kp!

Comment

Nice ink, is that yours? Is it done or will you eventually work into a full sleeve?

Comment

Yep, it's mine. Still drying Just got it done last thursday night. Don't think I'm going to continue down the arm but I'm toying with eventually bringing it to my chest.
                    -kp!

Comment

Re: Know of any really good tattoo artists?

I could tell it was fresh, it's still raised and red. As it dries and heals it's gonna itch bad, whatever you do don't scratch...slap it but don't scratch or pick...you'll ruin the ink.

Might be cool to leave the shoulder the darkest and work out your chest in shadow work to accent the shading inside the dark graphics.

I completely LOVE that it's not a total mirror from one side to the other.

Comment

I was told to take vitamin E capsules, open them and rub the oil on the tattoo. It helped heal it faster and I had less itching. You're gonna need a whole lot of capsules to cover yours Your tatt is really beautiful!
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                          I could tell it was fresh, it's still raised and red. As it dries and heals it's gonna itch bad, whatever you do don't scratch...slap it but don't scratch or pick...you'll ruin the ink.

Might be cool to leave the shoulder the darkest and work out your chest in shadow work to accent the shading inside the dark graphics.

I completely LOVE that it's not a total mirror from one side to the other.
                          yeah, it's already starting to itch bad and it's trying to peel like a sunburn. I'm just lubing it heavily. Y'know, at first I wasn't sure about the non symetricality of it but after it was done and I saw how it played out, it looked awsome to me.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I was told to take vitamin E capsules, open them and rub the oil on the tattoo. It helped heal it faster and I had less itching. You're gonna need a whole lot of capsules to cover yours Your tatt is really beautiful!
                          haha, yeah... I'm thinking that I can steal some of the pregnancy lotion my wife has from when she was preggnant would work too. So far I've been using the oils of aloha kukui lotion which seems to be moisturizing well. I have psoriasis so my stockpile on lotion is good . Thanks for the compliments!
                          -kp!

Comment

Congrats,. great looking work! I need to get under the gun, damn I miss it.
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n View Post
                              Need some help. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years. I'd like to get a memorial tattoo for my mom who died unexpectedly about 3 years ago. !
                              I know that Joe from Hawaiian Tattoo company in Kapahulu does great portrait work. It's been over 5 years though, and I don't know if he's still there.
                              Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

Working...
                              X