PUNA GNOME has Arrived !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUNA GNOME has Arrived !

Hey HT'ers . Here's something really fun I'm participating in...kind of like an interactive art project. It's called Puna Gnome.
    Basically someone on http://www.punaweb.org, the message board for the Puna District of Hawai'i, decided to start this thing and I decided participate. Here's the skinny... this garden gnome is being sent from one location to the next. It started in Puna, Hawaii, and is being sent to different places around the world.

You can be a "host"...you take some pics of the Gnome in various places around where you live, then send it off to the next person on the list. Then you send the pics and some verbage to the guy who started this thing and he posts it on the website http://www.punagnome.com. in a travel diary. There are like 10 people already signed up for this, and the list is growing. Just for the sake of TIKINESS, I decided to add one of my tikis...TIKIYAKI JR... from my collection to travel along with the PunaGnome to be photographed too. So far it's been really fun, and you can see my participation here....

www.punagnome.com

I'd love to see some HT'ers get in on this...

Here's the posting on punaweb.org

"Allow me to introduce Bud the Puna Gnome.

“Hi folks, names Bud. I’m pretty new to the Puna area myself but am excited to have been given the prestigious ambassador title.

As the gnome ambassador for Puna I will be traveling around the U.S. visiting strange people, having my photo taken and having a good ole time.

My agent, Tony is in the process of setting up my itinerary at the moment. We are looking for Punawebbers to help kick this thing off. The general details are on my website at http://www.punagnome.com so go check it out. If you have any questions feel free to contact myself or Tony.

I’ll let Tony give you the rest of the details. Hope some of you wanna participate. Bud.”

Ok so you heard it from Bud. Let me know if you would like to be a gnome host for the chain gnome. Senior Punaweb members will be given first dibs assuming they care
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: PUNA GNOME has Arrived !

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    [...]Ok so you heard it from Bud. Let me know if you would like to be a gnome host for the chain gnome. Senior Punaweb members will be given first dibs assuming they care
    I'm game! Now what? Communicate directly with Bud, wherever he might be?

Comment

OOoohhhh me too!! Oregon!! Yes me please! Now I will try to figure out the website..
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

O.K. I'm game. I'll take Bud to the Waikiki International Marketplace and photograph him posing with all the Tiki Carvings at this vendor stand...

These Tiki gods would dwarf Bud though. Notice their size in relation to that handtruck on the left.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'm game... I'll take him up to tantalus for a view of Honolulu/Waikiki

Wait... I just looked it's tentative itinerary....http://www.punagnome.com/itinerary.html

This buggah not gonna be around for awhile
          Last edited by damontucker; September 30, 2006, 11:07 AM. Reason: url added

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            [...]Wait... I just looked it's tentative itinerary....http://www.punagnome.com/itinerary.html

This buggah not gonna be around for awhile
            Yep! His dance card is filled up 'til January! That's ok...more time to get creative. Maybe I can take Bud on a commercial shoot...see if he can be used as an Extra...I mean, prop! And, if the surf's up, maybe he can go surfing at Makaha beach!

Comment

Busy schedule indeed. How about I call myself a Gnome and everyone "ship me" first class air around the world and take pictures with me at various points of interest.

From the Punaweb forum, Tahunatics writes:
              I saw this gnome concept before (not the tagline) where someone actually stole somebody's gnome from their front yard and then sent the owner photos of their gnome from all over the world like a randsom note. Sick bastards. Pretty funny actually.
              What a riot!

Tikiyaki, I'd start worrying about Tiki Jr. Someone might hold him for ransom with a note: "Gim'me all your 80's Metal Albums or T.jr becomes firewood.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Now, this is something interested I would surely love to participate in.... but since I don't know where I will be next year ...

Happy journey ....
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Folks,
                  Tikiyaki Sr was kind enough to let me use his computer while I am visiting.
                  Having a killer time in LA.
                  Thanks for your interest in my travels. I had no idea this would be so exciting and can feel a grass-roots buzz starting.
                  This tikiyaki guy is pretty cool. Check out today's travel entry for some of his personal links.
                  For those of you that expressed interest in hosting my visit to Oahu, please send me an email with your name and address.
                  You will need to read through the concept page before agreeing.
                  I am booked in to February at this point based on a one week stay with each host.
                  Maybe we can work it out so the folks in Oahu each keep me a few days and pass me around for a few weeks?

Again thanks for check out my site.

Sincerely
                  Bud & Tjr

www.punagnome.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Busy schedule indeed. How about I call myself a Gnome and everyone "ship me" first class air around the world and take pictures with me at various points of interest.

From the Punaweb forum, Tahunatics writes:
                    What a riot!

Tikiyaki, I'd start worrying about Tiki Jr. Someone might hold him for ransom with a note: "Gim'me all your 80's Metal Albums or T.jr becomes firewood.
                    i think that movie was "Amelie"
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Aloha -
                      I have been scheduled to visit Oahu in February 07 after my visit to Australia. Look forward to meeting some of you and thanks for participating.
                      Bud

Yep the movie is Amelie. A google on "traveling gnome" will give you an idea of what has been going on with this type of thing.

A traveling gnome isn't a new idea but it sure is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Hee Hee...stay tuned Pomai (seriously!) . Oh, and the tiki carver at International Marketplace, does he look anything like THIS guy ?

Tutusue, I see you've signed on to host Bud. Makaha-bound. I love it. Watch this thing snowball like crazy.

Maybe Bud and Tjr can visit a whole bunch of the HT Ohana and get a photo with everyone. Pzarquon, what about a "vog" about Bud and Tjr ?
                        Auntie...Chinatown tour ?

Blueyecicle, I think Bud and Tjr need to see Oregon.

I can't wait to see the travelogue after a few months.

Comment

heheheh.

I like help too.

I'll bring him and take pictures at Kaukau Wagon feeding the Homeless!

Oh! And I'll give him my Exclusive Chinatown Tour!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

....and SHE told to friends, then SHE told two friends, and so on,and so on, and so on....

Watch this thing get outta control.

So Much fun.

Maybe TutuSue can pass it to you, like a torch in the Olympics,then you to Manoa, then Manoa to Pomai, and so on, and so on...Makaha, Chinatown, Waikiki, Kaneoe...that's a nice tour of Oahu for the lads. Maybe Tjr can visit some family members when he's there, he's from Oahu, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post

Blueyecicle, I think Bud and Tjr need to see Oregon.

I can't wait to see the travelogue after a few months.
                              I signed up..now I have a few months to get creative...wonder if the gnome is familiar with the pink species?? hehe.....This should be fun.
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                              X