This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Homeade chicken and dumplings.....and ice cream sandwiches afterwards.
    I am soooooo stuffed!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Slice of pizza, chicken tornadoes and lots of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

The "Bigger" 7 oz. Teriyaki Cheeseburger with Fries ($7.75 total) from Teddy's Bigger Burger in Waikiki...

Notice the teri' sauce dripping over the bottom bun. Yum. The grill was seasoned well in my just-before-closing order, as it imparted an especially-intense smokey, seared and caramelized teriyaki accent to the beef patty. I'm not particularly a Teriyaki fan either, but this was a pleasant change from my normal order.

Plus I got some cool shots of inside the (Waikiki) restaurant, since it was almost closing and almost empty of customers...

Gotta' dig that whimsically-illustrated Waikiki map mural, complete with surf break names. Kinda' like eating cereal, except you're eatin' a burger and "reading the box". lol I'll have a bigger version of that photo montage (than flickr allows) later on my blog.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Beef stew on top of mashed potatoes and rolls with butter.
          'Alika

Comment

A large won ton mein from Zippy's and a glass of water....
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Dal, tandoori chicken, naan and basmati rice made at home. Another one of my comfort meals.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Made haemul pajun (seafood pancakes) again because I had some surimi that I had to use up and then I experimented with Chicken Alice's recipe for chicken wings. Instead of wings, I used thighs and drumsticks, added a little bit of sugar to the batter mix, kept it a little stiffer than most batters and after letting it marinate for about 2 hours, baked the chicken at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes instead of deep frying it. I think the added sugar helped make the crust more brown and crispy (not as crisp as deep frying, but I don't like to fry food). Didn't have Park's kimchee sauce on hand (the local Ranch 99 doesn't carry that brand) so the taste was a little "fishier" but it turned out pretty good, all things considered. Maybe I should try making the kimchi sauce myself and not add so much anchovy sauce. A little more tweaking and I think I'll have a winnah!

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

2 pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken with Rice, and a Aloha maid Green Tea with Ginseng
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I just asked my sons god father, "so guys whats for dinner tonite?" Hes like "hmm junk food. chicken wings, chips, chicken strips" These two over here love food. Its pretty crazy.

But probably left overs or chicken adobo.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                      Palusami and taro.
                      I want some ulu and taro!!!!! Corn beef long rice!!! oh baby.. where is my mom when I need her..

Comment

Kalua pork and cabbage mini plate lunch and a bottle of water from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

BBQ Cheeseburgers from AAA Local BBQ and a bottle of water.

Comment

Pork adobo mini-plate lunch with a bottle of water from AAA Local BBQ.

Comment

CPK 5-cheese-tomato pizza from the Costco shrink-wrapped three pack, Easy Mac, water. Sometimes you just have to join the kids and eat like a kid.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

lup cheong fried rice, kau yuk and cole slaw made with Chinese cabbage and a Japanese vinagrette mixed with mayo.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X