• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Sandwich and fries from Abby's.

Comment

Chicken cacciatore and blood orange tart (the last of it! )

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The wife's famous pork and hamburger, bacon-topped meatloaf. Mmm! Hearty home cooking on a damn grey day.

Comment

Pan-seared marlin with sun-dried-tomato aioli at Nico's at Pier 38. Yum.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Poki ahi and cole slaw from Foodland.

Comment

Mushroom burger and garlic fries from Gordon Biersch.

Comment

Grilled salmon, Okinawan sweet potato, edamame and a celebratory glass of vino!

Comment

Chicken karaage and, per tradition -- Soba.
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

NYEve dinner - beef tenderloin, with a mustard/horseradish sauce, baked potato, salad.

At midnight: toshikoshi soba.

Comment

Cream of leek soup, baked ham with guava/rum glaze, whipped maple syrup sweet potatoes, braised brussels sprouts with bacon pieces. NO DESSERT.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Finishing up the last of the Foodland cole slaw, a Hickory Farms sausage and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Comment

Kalua pork, chicken long rice, ahi poke and tako poke, kamoboko and rice.

Comment

mom's pancit bihon (the best on the planet, i swear!), pork adobo, kal bi, and dungeness crab. can you tell that it's my last night visiting mom, and she spoils the heck out of her only brat??!!
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Steak dog with garlic sauce and a can of Dr. Pepper from the vendor next to CompUSA.

Comment

Last night, tonight, and probably the rest of the week: Leftovers from our New Year's open house!!

Ozoni, kalua pig, cone sushi, zaru soba, gyoza, lumpia, lomi salmon, grilled veggies, and wok-charred ahi.

My wife misses New Year's Day back home so she wanted to start a tradition in our new house (well, not brand new anymore but we were in Hawaii last year!) Outside of Japantown in San Francisco and a smaller one in San Jose, the Japanese community in the Bay Area is pretty spread out. We have a couple of friends who celebrate "Japanese-style" but they're each over an hour away, and we already did enough driving this holiday season. It was great sharing the day with our Hawaii friends and introducing others to the custom!

Comment

Working...
                                X