Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Default Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Kalua pork and cabbage mini plate lunch and a bottle of water from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

BBQ Cheeseburgers from AAA Local BBQ and a bottle of water.

Pork adobo mini-plate lunch with a bottle of water from AAA Local BBQ.

Smile Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

CPK 5-cheese-tomato pizza from the Costco shrink-wrapped three pack, Easy Mac, water. Sometimes you just have to join the kids and eat like a kid.

lup cheong fried rice, kau yuk and cole slaw made with Chinese cabbage and a Japanese vinagrette mixed with mayo.

Miulang

Pizza from Papa Johns and a can of Mountain Dew.

Had fried poke, brie wontons, seared ahi and a beer at sam choy's last night.

had bruschetta (sp?), ribeye and peanut butter sesame crunch at the pineapple room. the bruschetta was good, ribeye was almost entirely unseasoned which some people really like but no me, sesame crunch was really good. wife had a crusted onaga with a mustard sauce which was quite ono

burrito w/ shredded beef, chimichanga w/ carnitas, quesadilla w/ shredded chicken plus beans n rice all from Los Chaparros. Was really good (I liked the chimichanga the best).

I just returned from a business trip in Arizona, so I decided to celebrate with the ohana with some Chinese take out. We munched on some mu shu pork (with the pan cakes), chicken chow mein, orange chicken (not spicy - keiki friendly), mixed vegetables, and shrimp with lobster sauce. Hui...hit da comfort zone.

All da kine hotel food gets tiring. First day roast beef, den 2nd day fo lunch da left ova beef is used fo fajitas, and so on... The meals were very predictable. Itz nice to be back home wit da ohana.

Toro, hamachi, japanese scallops, oysters, and new zealand salmon at Mitch's. It was friggin phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
    Toro, hamachi, japanese scallops, oysters, and new zealand salmon at Mitch's. It was friggin phenomenal.
    I was gonna' ask you where Mitch's is, but I see HawaiiDiner.com has it covered. Hi GlossyP!

Sounds oishii desu.

Cooking some homemade stew for da ohana. The keikis seem to do well with all of the vegetables when eating it.

Stew is a pretty popular dish in the family. During keiki times, I remember a restaurant called "The Stew Kettle." Ho...they had some awesome stews...Lamb stew, Irish stew, etc. Stew is certainly a comfort food for the ohana, especially during the brisk months.

Sauteed lamb chops, marinated in olive oil, lotsa lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and thyme with couscous and green beans.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Panko ahi roll,mango crab salad roll, and beef tenderloin from Sansei's

Tofu miso, fried oysters, yaki tori, skewered beef, fried prawns and shrimp tempura at takkuri-tei.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

the beau and i went to bac nam on king street for dinner. he had the lamb curry and i had the crab "chowder" with vermicelli soup. i think eric preferred my dinner and i preferred his tonight, bcause our utensils were more in the other's dish than our own.

Went to E&O Trading Company in the ward center based on a whim by wifey. The place was almost empty at 7 PM (while next door was packed)and we should have taken the hint and turned around. The atmosphere is pretty neat and kind of reminds me of PF Chengs but a lot darker. Started with the corn fritters, lamb-stuffed naan, and steak satay. The tzatziki sauce for the naan tasted like it was bought frozen at the grocery store and you couldn't really taste the lamb, the corn fritters were made with some chewy concoction (corn starch maybe?) and didn't really have any seasoning and kind of just tasted like corn held together with a neutral binder, and the steak satay was very tender but not very flavorful. Then we got the cod and twice cooked shortribs. The cod had a very fishy aftertaste and the seasoning itself didn't taste very good. Also it's texture was kinda slimy and spongy. The shortribs were very tender but the sauce that came on the plate with them was not really good enough for me to want to dip the meat in it.
    All in all I wouldn't recommend this place.

Filet and lobster at Morton's. Ended with the melted chocolate cake. Was pretty much as good as you expect from Morton's.

South Beach Diet chicken wraps, couple of turkey sandwiches with South Beach Diet Cheese and a bottle of water.

Lebanese chicken dish (Shish Tawook) - kabob-style chicken breast meat, seasoned & grilled, placed over rice, with a garlic-lemon sauce on top.

Omakase menu at Mitch's. I really liked everything except the lobster, uni, and abalone, all of which were fresh but I'm just not a big fan.

Smile Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Macaroni and Cheese and a glass of ice water
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Someone sent me a canner....that's like a pressure cooker with a pressure gauge on it. So instead of buying already-canned food at the supermarket, I can my own stuff.

So I get to make up my own recipes. Today I tried the shoyu chicken that I did a few weeks ago....not bad. I had put three chicken thighs into a jar, and added a big spoonful of brown sugar, some shoyu, and some garlic and ginger. I had toyed with onions, but left that for next time. Into the pressure canner for an hour and a quarter, and....voila!...seven ready-to-eat meals, just waiting for rice.

Well...six, cause we ate one.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    Someone sent me a canner....that's like a pressure cooker with a pressure gauge on it. So instead of buying already-canned food at the supermarket, I can my own stuff.

So I get to make up my own recipes. Today I tried the shoyu chicken that I did a few weeks ago....not bad. I had put three chicken thighs into a jar, and added a big spoonful of brown sugar, some shoyu, and some garlic and ginger. I had toyed with onions, but left that for next time. Into the pressure canner for an hour and a quarter, and....voila!...seven ready-to-eat meals, just waiting for rice.

Well...six, cause we ate one.
    Wow that sounds really good and pretty easy.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast