Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state are you from? This includes locals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals from here !

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
    [...]Sorry Tutu, it's just with Kimo gone for so long I'm experiencing withdrawals...
    's okay...this one time. Only!

Comment

Lol, what a small world, Vallejo... Used to live in Benicia myself.
      Wow! We catered many parties in Benicia! We owned "Crispy Lechon" on Springs Road in Vallejo. We specialized in Filipino Style Whole Roast Pigs and Chickens. Also, Local Style Plate Lunches. Our customers would come as far as Sacramento and Montery. The lines were long. Business was good. Alas, MAMA became ill and we came home. She is moa important.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Born in Honolulu, raised in and still call Kailua my home, so I've lived in Hawaii all my life.

Spent 9 months out of the year in Portland for school during the early 90s, and still make periodic visits there (just like the salmon, gotta keep coming back...)
        http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

I concur . But in all seriousness I don't think a person can just claim to be native any more than they can claim to be a certain race (that they aren't).
          We're all the same race, unless we have some neanderthals and yetis posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
            We're all the same race, unless we have some neanderthals and yetis posting here.
            That's debateable depending on how you define race. Same species yes, same race perhaps. Once again how you define race, scientifically speaking. And BTW neanderthals are thought by some to be a subspeicies of Homo sapien just like modern human Homo sapian sapians. Next time I'll just say ethnicity though.
            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
            "But I can't even read good."
            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              unless we have some neanderthals and yetis posting here.
              Neanderthals? I've seen a couple posting here. Yetis tend to just lurk, however.

Comment

Mind if I jump on board this roll call?

Born in Korea, moved to Oahu at the age of 2, went to the mainland for college (OSU, Northeastern) and spent some time wandering around Asia. But I've been back home (Honolulu) for about 12 or so years now.

Thought of moving more than once, but felt the need to dig deep and try to plant roots here regardless of the challenges of living on our "I" lands. In the end its better to be home.

Comment

Okay. . . . Born in New Orleans, LA. Moved to Medfield, MA at age six until I was seven. Moved back to the New Orleans area until I was 17, then moved to Ottawa, Ontario, CA for four months (a lot of fun!) back to NOLA. Then moved to Ellensburg, WA for a while right after Mt. St. Helens blew. Every full moon the ground would quake! Back to NOLA until 1986 then moved to New Hampshire until 1995 and then to Massachusetts to date. BRRRRRR!!!!!
                  Mask

Comment

Born in Camden, NJ.
                    0-11 lived in Riverside, NJ
                    12-18 lived in Delran, NJ
                    18-18.5 lived in the USAF: A) San Antonio for Basic Training; B) Wichita Falls for tech school
                    18.5-20 lived at Edwards AFB, California
                    20-20.5 lived at Hickam AFB
                    20.5 22.5 lived in Waikiki until I got out of the USAF
                    24-26 lived in Foster Village
                    26-28 lived in Nuuanu, Kapahulu
                    28-30 lived in Makiki
                    30-40 lived in Honolulu Tower
                    40-present live in Hawaii Kai

I can't believe it took that long for me to get on this thread.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hmm born Kahuku hospital HI>> Utah >> California >> Illinois >> Laie, HI>> Pupukea HI
                      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Born in Chicago, Illinois...

moved to Ft. Wright, Kentucky at age 11 (moving south)

moved to Lake Worth, Florida at age 16 (moving further south)

Arrived in Honolulu on my 23rd birthday (yet further south)

Moved to Ewa Beach at age 41 (moved west, finally, a new direction)

Comment

Originally Northumberland - now Gloucestershire (pronounced 'glos tuh shur')

Peter Forster

Comment

Last week, our fabulous Mayor announced that henceforth, the City of Seattle will be called "MetroNatural". Our Emerald, Jet or Queen City is now destined, thanks to the Convention and Tourist Bureau's spending $200k to get some high falutin' ad agency to come up with the "catchy" slogan (plus another $500k to create the collaterals that go along with the slogan), to becoming the laughingstock of the entire country. My guess is if a slogan contest had been open to all the city's citizens, that anyone could have come up with something better than "MetroNatural".

My first thought was, "egad, people are going to think that this town is chock full of "metrosexuals" (whoever THEY are). The slogan does need some explaining, which the sign at Seattle Center below depicts.

I really really liked the slogan the state of Massachusetts came up with in the late 70's: "Make it in Massachusetts" Why couldn't we come up with something that catchy? The slogan for the state of WA is "Say WA" (DUH).

Miulang
                            Attached Files
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              I really really liked the slogan the state of Massachusetts came up with in the late 70's: "Make it in Massachusetts" Why couldn't we come up with something that catchy? The slogan for the state of WA is "Say WA" (DUH).

Miulang
                              Say What Miulang? The slogan for the State of WA is no longer "Say WA"
                              The Washington Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development says the state will no longer use the controversial tag line in its ads...The tag line was pulled on the basis of a recommendation from the state's Tourism Advisory Council, as well as market research indicating the ads weren't doing a sufficient job of driving readers to Washington's tourism Web site (www.experiencewa.com)
                              http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...insider16.html

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post

Miulang
                                I moved up to New England because of New Hampshire's slogan: "Live free or die!" Slogans aren't always cracked up to what you think. I now live in MA. and they don't use that slogan any more.
                                Mask

Comment

Working...
                                X