Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state are you from? This includes locals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals!

Born @ Queen Kapi'olani Hospital, lived in Honolulu, Ke Nui Road @ Sunset Beach, Crozier Drive in Waialua and Ke Iki Road @ Sharks Cove which is what I consider my childhood home and it is now a vacation rental. Attened Waialua & Sunset Beach Elm and went to high school at Kahuku but finish high school on the mainland.

Currently live in Washington State north of Seattle (almost in Canada).
    Looking for an old friend Nathan Bellinger, appreciate any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharks Cove Wahine View Post
      Currently live in Washington State north of Seattle (almost in Canada).
      Near Blaine? (There's a contributor to the boards by that name...) Got a former Bellingham-er that pops in sometimes, too. And a number of Seattle-area posters.

Comment

I live in Bellingham - never thought anyone here would have heard of it! Many people in Seattle haven't heard of Bellingham when they ask where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharks Cove Wahine View Post
          I live in Bellingham - never thought anyone here would have heard of it!
          A former HT regular grew up there, grad from Sehome. Another regular lived there for many years - played in a band in the area - but that was some time ago. So B'ham gets the occasional mention on these boards.

Snoop around and you'll find there's a big community of expats in the PacNW, and a handful on the boards here. I'm not from the Islands, but my long-time sweetie (the Alpha Female) is from Kane`ohe, and I've been drawn into the community of locals to the point where I dance hula, play Hawaiian music, co-host Hawaiian radio shows and write for a Hawaiian community newspaper. A very open-armed and welcoming community.

Drop me a PM if there's something you think I might be able to help you with.

Comment

I thought alot of people knew Bellingham. I have lived in Oregon for over 20 years and it is a commonly known city in our area.
            Beautiful area. Went there a few times when I was a kid.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Bellingham is a nice place to live if you can't live in Hawaii. I have grown to like it here and it is a good place to raise my children.

Thanks for the info Leo - I am interested in finding a community to expose my daughter to Hawaiian culture when not visiting Hawaii so I will start looking around.

Comment

Working...
              X