Star Trek - The Original Series - Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek - The Original Series - Remastered

Managed to watch a remastered episode of Star Trek on KGMB. It airs on Sunday morning at 12:30 am (HST). There is a rough schedule and TV stations it airs around the country.

Some of the changes with remastered versions deal with external F/X shots. The general shape of the Enterprise remains the same, but they are using a digital image based on the original model for those shots when the Enterprise is orbiting a planet (as well the planet itself has been changed).

The episode I saw was The Devil in the Dark. Since most of the action takes place under a planet's surface, the changes were:
    • brighter colors on the miner's clothes
    • The initial image of the Janus VI underground buildings
    • Horta burning a hole in the wall
    • Fly by of the Enterprise during the ending credits

Also some scenes were cut but I suspect it was due to it being on the syndicated market.

Too bad I missed Balance of Terror which aired two weeks ago but it's going to air again. I think the two episodes I am looking forward to since some of the action takes place in space are Arena which I am hoping that they will show a Gorn starship and The Doomsday Machine. I really don't know if the shape of the planet killer will change or not.

Another episode I am looking forward to see but not on the schedule now is The Ultimate Computer since it contains 5 starships (including the Enterprise) as well as a freighter.

Re: Star Trek - The Original Series - Remastered

While attempting to look for an alternate airing of Jericho on Saturday night (because they did it last week) I come to find out that KGMB is also airing Star Trek at 6pm (HST) on Saturday. From the description it seems to be the episode that is scheduled to air this week, while the 12:30 am airing on Sunday morning is the previous week's episode.

Comment

All I got to say right now it's good thing that a VCR or other means to record TV programs exist because KGMB is airing Star Trek on Saturday morning at 4:00 am (HST).

There are limits to me being a die hard trek fan, staying up till 5am or waking up at 4am on a Saturday morning to watch an episode is not it.

Anyway the episode Arena aired this morning which I taped and viewed later. No view of the Gorn starship, but the F/X of the Enterprise firing it's phaser and photon torpedo seem to be okay, as well as greenish reptile looking color for the planet Cetus III.

The initial scene with Captain Kirk meeting the Gorn captain for the first they showed the Gorn blinking it's eyes a couple of times but other scenes the Gorn never blinked after that.

Comment

I'm a Trekky too! Though I admit to having (over the years) seen them all repeatedly so have lost interest. I liked some of the Captain Picard series and some of Deep Space 9, but I think we need a whole new more adventurous series. Where we get to see more worlds not just the peoples. IMHO
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Where we get to see more worlds not just the peoples.
          Well in the remastered series you do. The original series may have had anywhere from 2 to 4 (I'm guessing) different planet images types as stock footage when ever the Enterprise was orbiting a planet. This was done to save cost since special effects were hard to do back in those days.

With the remastered series all the planets that Enterprise orbits can be different for each episode. Last week's episode I Mudd at the end of the episode had the Enterprise leaving a planet that had a ring around it and it was not a gas giant like Saturn or Jupiter.

Comment

The episode titled The Doomsday Machine will be aired Saturday, Feb. 10 on KGMB at 6:00 pm.

Comment

The Doomsday Machine never looked better....thanks Helen
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

The Doomsday Machine was the first redone Star Trek I've watched and I have to say, it was really well done. Nothing so spectacular that the special effects took away from the story but the graphics and space scenes matched the storyline much better.

I give it a thumbs up! I'd really like to see Balance of Terror remastered. Other than that, my favorite was A Piece of the Action. Too bad no ships in that episode.

Comment

Personally I liked the Ring of Death from Mars Attacks.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                    The Doomsday Machine was the first redone Star Trek I've watched and I have to say, it was really well done. Nothing so spectacular that the special effects took away from the story but the graphics and space scenes matched the storyline much better.

I give it a thumbs up! I'd really like to see Balance of Terror remastered. Other than that, my favorite was A Piece of the Action. Too bad no ships in that episode.
                    Did they do The Tholian Web yet? This is one of my favorites. I'm glad that they did a two-part episode set of Star Trek: Enterprise called "In a Mirror, Darkly", was this a prequel or sequel?

Flickr

Comment

Overseeing this is my ol' pal Mike Okuda and wife Denise. Mike used to do "The Space Show" on KHNL, went to Hollywood for a couple of weeks to advise on "Next Generation" and has been busy ever since!
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                        Overseeing this is my ol' pal Mike Okuda and wife Denise. Mike used to do "The Space Show" on KHNL, went to Hollywood for a couple of weeks to advise on "Next Generation" and has been busy ever since!
                        Mike is a legend in the Trekker world . His "Okudagrams" are famous in set design. Another great site for Okudagrams.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by alohabear; February 12, 2007, 09:31 AM.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                          I'd really like to see Balance of Terror remastered. Other than that, my favorite was A Piece of the Action. Too bad no ships in that episode.
                          The list of epsiodes to be aired only goes up to September 8, 2007 and Balance of Terror isn't scheduled to be aired.

A Piece of the Action is scheduled for April 28. True there are no ships other than the Enterprise orbiting the planet at least a couple of times in the episode.

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                          Did they do The Tholian Web yet? This is one of my favorites. I'm glad that they did a two-part episode set of Star Trek: Enterprise called "In a Mirror, Darkly", was this a prequel or sequel?
                          The Tholian Web is scheduled to be aired on March 31.

Star Trek: Enterprise is a prequel series the original Star Trek series but the episode In a Mirror, Darkly is a sequel to The Tholian Web.

Comment

Updated scheduled list of episodes to be aired for 2007/2008. Noticed that KGMB airs Star Trek at Saturday to Sunday midnight. We are also a week behind the schedule so the one airing tonight is The Conscience of the King and not The Man Trap.

Comment

Star Trek is being aired on KFVE on Sunday afternoons. I am not sure of the time, sometimes it's at noon, other times at 1:00 pm.

I don't know if the remastered series is on DVD yet but the first two seasons are being sold via iTunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X