Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things I love, things I hate

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I always say they take that money from you before you even get your check. We're not paying taxes, we're gettin' jacked.

I will never disagree with you on this one. The trouble is they always want to take more after you get the reduced paycheck. GET. More income taxes. Bottle tax. Car registration tax. more. more. more....

I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      [...]I love and hate my computer, depending on whether I can figure out how to make it do what I want it to do.
      Bingo! That's my love/hate relationship, too! I love what a computer can do. I hate that I can't figure most of it out!

Comment

I love the fact that HT has so many diverse users...

I hate that a very small amount of them are close minded.

I love my Seahawks... I hate voting against them.

Comment

Love my kane, no like wen he like act like one diva, more than me.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Bingo! That's my love/hate relationship, too! I love what a computer can do. I hate that I can't figure most of it out!
            LOL bigtime.

Just bought a new computer. One damn TERRABYTE of hard drive. Hate that I am totally confused regarding all the wonderful features it supposedly has.

What the hell is a TERRABYTE??

I love the screensaver. Fish in an aquarium. Cool.
            Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; October 1, 2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Just bought a new computer. One damn TERRABYTE of hard drive. Hate that I am totally confused regarding all the wonderful features it supposedly has.

One terabyte (1 TB) is a thousand gigabytes (1,000 GB).

Or it might be 1,024 GB, depending on who's telling you.

The reason for the confusion is that while people use decimal numbers, computers use binary numbers. Instead of the digits going by powers of ten (1, 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, ...) they go by powers of two (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ...). The closest power of two to 1,000 is 1,024, so when computer guys talk about a kilobyte, they really mean 1,024 bytes not 1,000 bytes. And every step up, from kilo- to mega- to giga- to tera-, is another multiple of 1,024 not 1,000.

But... the marketing guys who write the copy for the computer boxes want to make their products sound as good as possible, so if the hard drive has 1,000,000,000,000 bytes then they'll call it a 1-terabyte hard drive. Problem is, the technical guys know that if you want to know how much data you can actually store, it'll be 1,000,000,000,000 ÷ 1,024 = 976 gigabytes. Hey, where'd my extra 25 gigabytes go?

Comment

I agree on the love taking pictures but hate being in pictures and the paid and taxes taken statements 200%

I love my truck but I hate having to put premium gas in it
                I enjoy my work (most of the time) but I hate having to go to work
                I love snorkeling in the ocean but I hate that I am terrified of sharks
                I love going on vacation but I hate thinking about the work waiting for me when I get back
                I love being a woman but hate the monthly pain fest
                I love using the internet but hate realizing how dependant on it I have become when it is not working
                I love all kinds of food but hate that I have now have to watch how much I eat
                I love having hair but I hate having to blow dry it

Ok, that's enough from me
                Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

I'm also in the computer camp - I love what I can do with one, like audio editing, but I hate the frustrations of setup and when things go wrong - that's why I went without a decent box at home for two years. Amazing how much I did NOT miss having access at home; now, I'm in the process of getting spoiled again by it (and the AF uses it far more than I did - but that's my fault for getting her a digital camera...)

I love the basic premise of my job: getting paid to listen to music all day - but I hate the politics of our dinosaur of a company, and the roadblocks that keep us from doing the best we can sometimes.

Comment

I love making clothing and sewing...I hate cleaning up all the threads and scraps that fall on the floor and I hate being clean when I sew!

I love having a bunch of people over for the holidays and having parties but I hate how tired I am when we are done and how many people disrespect your home or criticize how you do things.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I like fixing computers, but I hate when people think I don't have a life and call me to fix their computers on the weekend.

I like working downtown, but hate the lack of parking.

I like having an unlocked phone, but I hate it when people ask me if the phone is for Verizon or Mobi.

I like that I don't have to make payment on my car, but I hate the fact that I have a harder time looking for replacable parts (and that I can't go in the left lane)
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        I love cats, but hate taking care of them. Anyone got a potty trained kitten they're prepared to give up?
                        Yes, send me an email to learn more about the lovely Lola!

On topic:
                        I love candy but hate the dentist.
                        I love my family but can't stand to be around them.
                        I love beautiful clothes but hate to shop.

Comment

--I love eating rich gourmet food, but I hate that it's usually nutritionally bad for you.

--I love running around and experiencing all that the island has to offer, but I hate that my house is a mess as a result of my never being home.

--I love fashion but hate that it's usually expensive.

--I love the casual dress code here, but I hate that it means that people hardly ever bother to dress up for anything, even nice restaurants.

--I love the anti-depressant that keeps out cat from peeing all over the house, but I hate how it makes the cat run and hide when it's time for him to take it.

--I love the cell phone when I'm on call but hate it when I'm not on call.

--I like the revitalization of downtown/Chinatown area but hate the scarcity of parking as a result of its popularity for nightlife.

--I love happy hour but hate its effect on my liver and waistline.

--I love my work pager when it's quiet and hate it when it goes off and tells me I have an emergency at work.
                          Last edited by AbsolutChaos; October 2, 2006, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                            LOL bigtime.

I love the screensaver. Fish in an aquarium. Cool.
                            I love large capacity hard drives...I hate defragging them
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i love being in rock and roll, but i hate that it's trying to kill me...i love my guitars, but i hate that i break strings at exactly the moment before i tear into a searing solo...

i love my house, but i hate being alone in it...i love smart, sexy girls, but i hate that i have absolutely no game whatsoever when it comes to chatting them up...

i love my jobs, but i hate that i have to have them...

i love being invited to HT gatherings, but i hate that i've missed them all so far...

i love to write, but i hate that by the time i get home from work, the last thing i want to do is sit in front of computer...
                              Don't be mean,
                              try to help.

Comment

Thread of the month.

I love myself but I hate myself.
                                I love the proliferation of cafes but I hate the Starbucking of America.
                                I love my fellow believers, but I hate my fellow believers.
                                I love living alone but I hate living alone.
                                I love my job, but I hate that I've had to give up so much for it.
                                I love good healthy food but I hate that I prefer good unhealthy food.
                                I love Rachael Ray but I hate her recent ubiquitousness.
                                I love Rachael Ray but I hate that she's not with me.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X