Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Default Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

I just hate it when you're forced to use an oversize screwdriver bit to remove a screw, then you strip it!!! And you can't remove it because nothing else fits!!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

I hate it when people just look into the store, and when I make eye contact with them and/or wave towards them, they walk away like I was a caged animal!

Injecting politics where it has no place.

The co-founder of the Ukes For Troops program, in announcing recent news about the plan, has been posting messages around the internet with a very distinct political screed attached. One such posting caused quite a firestorm in the `ukulele community today, and likely cost her project a lot of supporters.

It's a shame, because this seemed like a lovely gesture, an utterly non-partisan activity. Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Oh man when I smell the lasting odor of burn't microwave popcorn that's gotta be sad. First you're tantalized by the smell of popping pop corn awaiting that moment of savor, and like a greedy person you want every kernel to pop so you let that microwave oven go a few more seconds so you can get as much of that buttery popcorn you can handle.

Then bliss turns to sheer horror as you begin to smell the slight scent of something burning wafting from the oven vent. But before you can stop the process, it's too late, the core of the popcorn bag has become POPCORN HELL and the carbonized popcorn in the middle has tainted the whole bag and you sit in disgust as you sift thru the smokey ruin and try to taste what you savored seconds ago.
    Haha! Great description! That's exactly how I feel about burning my microwave popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456 View Post
    I just hate it when you're forced to use an oversize screwdriver bit to remove a screw, then you strip it!!! And you can't remove it because nothing else fits!!
    I hate this, too. If you didn't already know, one way to fix it is to take a chisel and hammer in some new grooves.

I guess this is gonna sound like I'm always pissed, but a few more things that piss me off:
    - When I wash my car and it rains the next day.
    - Traffic
    - Depressing movies. I saw Requiem for a Dream the other day. That's gotta be the most depressing movie I've ever seen in my life. I was moping around for days.
    - When I wake up in the middle of the night all stoked on eating some leftovers, and my wife or one of my kids beat me to it. Grrr

I hate it when people throw their cigarettes out their car windows. They act like it's not littering or something. The sad thing is, I see sooo many local people and Hawaiians doing it. Auwe! Next time you're at an intersection, take a look at the edge of the road where it meets the sidewalk. Choke cigarette butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I guess this is gonna sound like I'm always pissed, but a few more things that piss me off:
    - When I wash my car and it rains the next day. /snip
    Don't you know you caused it to rain because you washed your car?

About cigarette butts, I actually had someone argue with me that the cigarette butts are biodegradable so it's not really littering to throw them on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    cigarette butts are biodegradable so it's not really littering to throw them on the ground.
    Same thing applies to the bodies of those you have to kill when they piss you off.

Thumbs down Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

What "pisses me off" the most is......

Idiotic butthole people who don't turn their cell phone off or atleast put on vibration (when they know someone will eventually call them later) in a movie theater !!!.

GAWD!!.

IT'S A NO BRAINER!!. EVEN A CHILD KNOWS THAT!!!

If I could have it my way, I would have all their cell phone modified to automaticly stun when it is not in a vibration mode.

That will be the day for me. lol.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

We've been getting intermittent power outages all morning. Apparently the traffic lights from Kahala Mall all the way up to Waialae aren't working. The building I work in runs off a big generator, but the A/C doesn't seem to be working.

I work off a laptop that runs off its battery when the power goes on and off, but it's a PITA to have the lights flickering on and off.

Happy freaking Monday.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Liko View Post
    We've been getting intermittent power outages all morning. Apparently the traffic lights from Kahala Mall all the way up to Waialae aren't working. The building I work in runs off a big generator, but the A/C doesn't seem to be working.

I work off a laptop that runs off its battery when the power goes on and off, but it's a PITA to have the lights flickering on and off.

Happy freaking Monday.
    I had that experience earlier at work too. Atleast it lasted about an hour that we didn't have any electricity.

Although, if the electricity didn't come on, We were able to go home.

Dang it all!!. I was sincerely hoping to go home, too.

oh well.

Aloha.

P.S. Although, I found out, where I live, that we didn't have any electricity outage. Way cool!!.
    Last edited by Serenity; November 6th, 2006 at 04:22 PM.
    Aches & Pains

Angry Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

BTW...

I am pissed off at idiotic people (who are supposidly educated enough ) who can't read , especially at bus stops!!.

It says: "NO SMOKING"!!. Damnit!!.
    Aches & Pains

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    BTW...

I am pissed off at idiotic people (who are supposidly educated enough ) who can't read , especially at bus stops!!.

But they're not smoking...their cigarettes are smoking. But you on the other hand is smoking mad

But here's the reality Serenity, are the idiotic people ones who aren't educated? I hope not because that would be an insult to every one who never got their diploma or degree. There are many uneducated that aren't idiots and there are well-educated idiots out there too we all know them.

And there in lies the rub: Idiots come in all flavors.

What "pisses me off" the most is......

Idiotic butthole people who don't turn their cell phone off or atleast put on vibration (when they know someone will eventually call them later) in a movie theater !!!.

GAWD!!.

IT'S A NO BRAINER!!. EVEN A CHILD KNOWS THAT!!!

If I could have it my way, I would have all their cell phone modified to automaticly stun when it is not in a vibration mode.
    That will be the day for me. lol.

Aloha.
    BTW...

And your screen name is Serenity? Just teasin'. Muy Alohas.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    And your screen name is Serenity? Just teasin'. Muy Alohas.
    I've teased her about that, too, as have others here. It is pretty funny! I love reading some angry post and then reading her "Be tranquil" sig file. Haaa!

It's all in fun, Serenity! Love ya, girl.

Thumbs up Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Hi gang...

No worries, it's all good.

I try to live up to my name & saying, but sometimes, I gotta let out some steam now & then to actually feel better , right?. =)

You wouldn't want me to constantly just keep all inside & bottle it up, right?.

Healthwise, that's just not right.

Aloha. =)
    Aches & Pains

Hi, Serenity.

Besides, your signature says "Be tranquil in one's mind"; it doesn't say "be tranquil (and don't rant) on HT."

Rant on freely!

When the Doctor tells my hsband just stay in bed the rest of the week! and has NO concept of 3 kids a wife and mortgage! With sick days gone and no possibility of laying in bed for a week!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle View Post
    When the Doctor tells my hsband just stay in bed the rest of the week! and has NO concept of 3 kids a wife and mortgage! With sick days gone and no possibility of laying in bed for a week!
    You forgot your fourth child...your husband!

I hate smokers who light up near bus stops, especially when the wind is bringing the smoke towards us. This one lady kept lighting up for 30 minutes, and every so often she'd walk from end to end of the bus stop, dodging people and just flaunting her cigarette in the air.

I just hope that the new smoking ban will affect bus stops, or else I'll make every effort to drive to and from work.

I don't mind long lines... what does bother me... are the people that ask me, "excuse me... I only have a few items, can I cut in front of you?" Especially when the Express lanes are just as busy as the normal lanes.

I feel like saying "slow down...this isn't the mainland"

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456 View Post
    I hate it when people just look into the store, and when I make eye contact with them and/or wave towards them, they walk away like I was a caged animal!
    I call this "salesperson allergy"... often I go to a store and I only want to look. I don't want to be bothered by a salesperson. If I am approached with the usual "can I help you," I always respond with "just looking." More often than not sales people leave me alone when I say "just looking."

Of course the worst place to be "just looking" is many car dealerships where sales people will not allow you to "just look" and follow you around the lot trying to get you into the car that you spend more than 5 seconds "just looking" at.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Stupid websites with audio. I had my speaker volume on full blast after watching a movie, and I entered a car stereo website. well, they decided to have audio, and when it finished loading, the website's music blasted on high, making me jump.

When I'm at the grocery store and I spot a checkout line with just one person in it and I think, that's the line I want, and I'm thinking I'm gonna blow through this line because all the other person has is a bag of oranges, and of course that's the person who has to START AN ARGUMENT WITH THE CASHIER that goes on and on, rather like this sentence, and finally ends with the bimbo deciding she doesn't want the oranges after all, and the cashier has to call a manager over to void out the sale, and in the meantime the lady with the cart loaded with 800 jars of baby food has just cruised through the other line and is out in the parking lot while I'm still waiting to pay for my stuff, that pisses me off.

Lunesta commercials. Who can sleep with a giant radioactive insect hovering in front of their face?
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

... Manufacturers who can't even bundle the correct software for their printers (or the same people who wouldn't bundle printer cables). They're just lucky I provide a happy and professional attitude when doing my work. I had to go and buy a printer cable out of my own money. As for the drivers, atleast its downloadable from their hard to navigate site.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast