X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    Maybe you should have an answering machine that states that,
    & have the ringer off until you wake up.

I.E. (for your messages in your answering machine) "Hello, I'm un availabe to answer your call at this time, so please do call back any time between 9 - 7 or leave a message & I'll return your call as soon as I can. Thank you & Have a good day & evening"

~OR~ "Hello I'm sorry, I'm un available to answer your call between
    8 PM - 8 am, so please do call back at a later time or leave a message & I will return your call as soon as I can".

Hope that helps.

Aloha.
    Actually that is a really splendid idea! Why didn't I think of that?? HA
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Some random and (probably really lame) things that piss me off:

- When someone takes up two parking spots or parks way over the painted lines in tight spots like Ala Moana or anywhere in Waikiki. Basically, it sparks a trickle-down effect where you now have to park over the line to fit into your spot, then the next car has to do the same, etc.

- When a kid pushes over one of my daughters in the playground, and the parent doesn't do anything about it.

- When I'm watching a great movie at the theater and have to go shi-shi really bad.

- When I dawn-patrol and can see the waves are firing, then realize I forgot my boardshorts.

- When I burn my microwave popcorn.

- When I realize too late that they got my drive-thru order wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        - When I'm watching a great movie at the theater and have to go shi-shi really bad.
        That may be the most appropriate statement in this entire thread, considering its title.
        - When I realize too late that they got my drive-thru order wrong.
        You do realize that the speakers aren't connected to anything, right? They just hand out random bags of food.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
          My kids were awake until 2am lastnight! Why do people call at 8am!?? Why can't they just wait until 9. 9 - 7 thats the onyl time I want to hear my phones ring!
          Back when I was with Hawaiian Telcom, we started our shifts at 8am, and we gotta atleast make the attempt to call the person. I never had one person say that we can call them back later in the morning or afternoon. Plus, usually people are getting ready for work, so we can catch them and either confirm the problem is gone, or schedule a time to call back.

And I just hate transferring files from hard drive to hard drive. This time, the transfer will take almost two hours - which I don't have time (I get out at 3pm). I just hope that the terabyte hard drives won't be this slow.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            That may be the most appropriate statement in this entire thread, considering its title.You do realize that the speakers aren't connected to anything, right? They just hand out random bags of food.
            Really??? Gosh, I didn't even know that?.
            next time we'll just drive through & grab a bag. LOL.

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
            Back when I was with Hawaiian Telcom, we started our shifts at 8am, and we gotta atleast make the attempt to call the person. I never had one person say that we can call them back later in the morning or afternoon. Plus, usually people are getting ready for work, so we can catch them and either confirm the problem is gone, or schedule a time to call back.
            That reminds me of people who "tries to catch us at home"...

I hate people who tries to catch us when we are getting ready to do something, like eat dinner, heading out etc...
            just so that they can sell us sh!t over the phone, & just agree to anything without considering what is being offered to just to get them off the hook when we are getting ready to do something!!.

Thank God We got that Call block, caller ID thing on our phone.

In order to get through to us (on our land line), : when you call direct, you have to state a name &/or a company name, or dial: *82 - plus 7 digit number to just get through.

So either way, they are caught if it is a prank call or some lame company trying to sell us nothing but crap!!.

That definately helped us a lot in the loooong run.

We haven't had any lame people or company call us, other than who we want to call us back.

Thankgooness for modern technology. Woo Hoo!!. =)

Aloha. =)

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
            Actually that is a really splendid idea! Why didn't I think of that?? HA
            Glad I was able to help.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Now....

Too Bad, I can't do anything for the people outside with no brains who talks really loud & have no consideration for others at all!!. Those IDIOTS!!.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Sorry, my buddy m - I don't stand alongside you on this one.
                That's okay my buddy... I prefer to stand by myself at the urinals
                But I did say:
                Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                And quite frankly some public bathrooms scare me... and all I do want to do is get in and get out!
                I'm not sure when the last time you came to Oahu Leo... but the next time.... if you have a chance, go check out a males public bathroom at Ala Moana Park (believe me... you don't want to touch anything in the bathroom and there is no doors so you don't have to worry about grabbing a handle) and/or for that matter... also, if you get a chance, check Ala Moana malls bathrooms. They are so heavily used that too me... that they are disgusting!
                If it's a clean bathroom and I know that it gets cleaned regularly... I would have no problem washing my hands... however, some of the bathrooms I've seen have really tripped me out...(Well just as bad as some of the camp grounds in Washington I guess to make a comparison)

(anyone in Hilo ever tried to use the public bathroom at the boat ramps by the bridge at Waiola???? there like the only public bathrooms available after 5 at nights...and I wouldn't touch anything there)

I really feel even more sorry for the ladies on this very subject...

But hey...it's not like we all don't go to the bathroom!

UPDATE: What really pisses me off... Is I'm all settled in to watch my DVR recording of Lost...avoiding all Lost related posts today... and Just as I'm nice and ready to watch it... I hit my list of recorded programs....and see that Dances w/ the stars over rid the lost program!!!! Time for BitTorrent!!! I swear I thought I had DWTS off of my record list!!! I hate that show....Especially now!
                Last edited by damontucker; October 26, 2006, 06:15 PM. Reason: friggin DVR

Comment

F.Y.I. =

Dang....

When it comes to being "pissed off", I toped you all off!.
                  (technically, a few to some of it that I/we posted, is not all about being "pissed off", too. =) )

But then again....

Manoasurfer & doc1456

are just creeping up along side of me too.

Just something, I noticed.

Aloha.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

- When I burn my microwave popcorn.
                    Oh man when I smell the lasting odor of burn't microwave popcorn that's gotta be sad. First you're tantalized by the smell of popping pop corn awaiting that moment of savor, and like a greedy person you want every kernel to pop so you let that microwave oven go a few more seconds so you can get as much of that buttery popcorn you can handle.

Then bliss turns to sheer horror as you begin to smell the slight scent of something burning wafting from the oven vent. But before you can stop the process, it's too late, the core of the popcorn bag has become POPCORN HELL and the carbonized popcorn in the middle has tainted the whole bag and you sit in disgust as you sift thru the smokey ruin and try to taste what you savored seconds ago.

That's almost as pathetic as when I saw this one harried woman with her bags of goods purchased at Ala Moana Shopping center back in the 70's. Woolworths (right next to Longs Drugs) had just sold her a bowl of S&S saimin and she was gingerly walking to a concrete bench to savor her lunch. As she began to sit, she lost her balance and the whole bowl of saimin plopped to the pavement.

After all that effort she lost her lunch and she looked totally disgusted especially since most of it fell on her high heels
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Food joints using turkey instead of chicken! And telling me it is chicken until I confront them! Lame
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I just hate it when you're forced to use an oversize screwdriver bit to remove a screw, then you strip it!!! And you can't remove it because nothing else fits!!

Comment

I hate it when people just look into the store, and when I make eye contact with them and/or wave towards them, they walk away like I was a caged animal!

Comment

Injecting politics where it has no place.

The co-founder of the Ukes For Troops program, in announcing recent news about the plan, has been posting messages around the internet with a very distinct political screed attached. One such posting caused quite a firestorm in the `ukulele community today, and likely cost her project a lot of supporters.

It's a shame, because this seemed like a lovely gesture, an utterly non-partisan activity. Until now.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              Oh man when I smell the lasting odor of burn't microwave popcorn that's gotta be sad. First you're tantalized by the smell of popping pop corn awaiting that moment of savor, and like a greedy person you want every kernel to pop so you let that microwave oven go a few more seconds so you can get as much of that buttery popcorn you can handle.

Then bliss turns to sheer horror as you begin to smell the slight scent of something burning wafting from the oven vent. But before you can stop the process, it's too late, the core of the popcorn bag has become POPCORN HELL and the carbonized popcorn in the middle has tainted the whole bag and you sit in disgust as you sift thru the smokey ruin and try to taste what you savored seconds ago.
                              Haha! Great description! That's exactly how I feel about burning my microwave popcorn.

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                              I just hate it when you're forced to use an oversize screwdriver bit to remove a screw, then you strip it!!! And you can't remove it because nothing else fits!!
                              I hate this, too. If you didn't already know, one way to fix it is to take a chisel and hammer in some new grooves.

I guess this is gonna sound like I'm always pissed, but a few more things that piss me off:
                              - When I wash my car and it rains the next day.
                              - Traffic
                              - Depressing movies. I saw Requiem for a Dream the other day. That's gotta be the most depressing movie I've ever seen in my life. I was moping around for days.
                              - When I wake up in the middle of the night all stoked on eating some leftovers, and my wife or one of my kids beat me to it. Grrr

Comment

I hate it when people throw their cigarettes out their car windows. They act like it's not littering or something. The sad thing is, I see sooo many local people and Hawaiians doing it. Auwe! Next time you're at an intersection, take a look at the edge of the road where it meets the sidewalk. Choke cigarette butts.

Comment

Working...
                                X