The Skinny on Skinny Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Skinny on Skinny Jeans

those low rise jeans are the greatest thing to happen to women's fashion since, well, since low rise jeans...
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

I've got too much junk in the trunk, & too big of thighs for skinny jeans. I'll stick to my low rise flares.
      <3 EriKa
      ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        Well,

I have no problem with skinny jeans, the real problem I have is the floodgates it will open up for all the other bad 80's stuff that will inevitably follow. Like Big, stupid hair, and bigger, stupider music.(
        Too late. Have you heard 'my humps' or 'london bridge' ? =p
        Whats the difference in capri's and these skinny jeans? I dont care for either on women. I'd love to see women in cavarichi's tho. black cavarichis and a white long sleeve dress shirt on a gal is teh sexay!
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
          those low rise jeans are the greatest thing to happen to women's fashion since, well, since low rise jeans...
          I mostly disagree with this. Low-rise jeans make almost every woman's butt disappear. Yeah, you get back and you get midriff, but you get them at the cost of butt, and that's not a fair trade. Except in those jeans that ride SO low that, well, you get butt again.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I mostly disagree with this. Low-rise jeans make almost every woman's butt disappear. Yeah, you get back and you get midriff, but you get them at the cost of butt, and that's not a fair trade. Except in those jeans that ride SO low that, well, you get butt again.

That would make for a great bumper sticker: Got Butt?
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That's too funny Craig...
              Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

I don't know Scrivener. Nothing has ever made my butt disappear!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  Amen to that Lavagal..... nothing is going to make this butt disappear.

Regarding this skinny jean thing.... unless you have long legs and you have more legs than body this will not look good on you. Yeah it surely reminds me of the 80's fashions. Everything has been making there way back anyway when it comes to fashion. What is fashion to the kids now is what we think is old. Everything is cyclical.... it always comes back around. 50's, 60's, 70's, now 80's fashion. Designers run out of ideas and simply try to reinvent something from the past, give it a new twist or not and name it differently.

Skinny jeans or not.... I don't wear much of them... not really a jean person and can't ever find them that fit perfectly.
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

duly noted, scriv...i suppose you're right about the vanishing okole with the low risers, but for me its all about the midriff...long live the low rise!
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

the best jeans are those that fully encase the butt, but don't crawl way up the waist. This can be tricky to find, but the best shopping clue is to search for those jeans and pants called "mid-rise".

pax

Comment

I'm so lucky I'm a guy and we can get away w/ pretty much looking like slobs half the time.

But you ladies... believe me... guys do care Nothing better than looking at a wahine looking good.... no matter what type of pants they have on!

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                          Then you are a blessed woman, and your man is a blessed man.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                          X