What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Yoplait Whips in Strawberry Mist. Let me just say all of the Yoplait Whips are so good that they feel a bit sinful. I love them. I think it's a texture thing. Anyway, I had that, then some fruit and a glass of organic skim milk.

All was good until I decided that a Strawberry soda sounded yum (lol), oops. Oh well, the yogurt ain't exactly low fat anyway.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Wales is a 15 min drive away from me and there I can get Lava.

I am going to post the recipe for Welsh Lava Bread Which is nothing like bread. It is made from seaweed or kelp and was first given to me as a child in France and then later in Ireland.
      It costs next to nothing and is so easy to prepare. Please don't think it's salty ! You guys on the islands have probably go your own version of Lava bread.

Sorry I can't post it here ( this was sent to me by Mervyn Gwyn Jones - who is Welsh - would you believe it ? - It contains his photographs, so I will leave it out.) but if you would like to Google *Welsh Lava Bread* > You have all the ingredients for a wonderful meal > Breakfast. lunch or dinner.

Googles recipes will not come anywhere near Mervyn's or mine but they might give you the right idea.
      Last edited by Barry; April 6, 2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Sipping on a bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red purchased from the HCC Bookstore.

Comment

A bowl of cinnamon/pumpkin oatmeal (steel cut, not instant!), fresh fruit salad and a mug of decaff. green tea. Hits the spot!

Comment

Barry, interestingly I have a cookbook "Seaweed: A Cook's Guide." It has a recipe for making laverbread the classic Welsh way. Sound good especially with that fried bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by btwnc2c View Post
              Barry, interestingly I have a cookbook "Seaweed: A Cook's Guide." It has a recipe for making laverbread the classic Welsh way. Sound good especially with that fried bacon.

Yummy ,,,, that is the way to do it. If you can do the bacon nice 'n crispy !
              It's a wonderful combination. We have it a lot on this side of the puddle.

Comment

Bottle of Diet Pepsi from a vending machine.

Comment

Bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Had the breakfast buffet at Jimmy Buffett's At The Beachcomber, in the Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber hotel. Food was okay; service was excellent; plenty of tables available at 10am; 10% kama`aina discount brought the buffet price down to $14; and also free valet parking (good for four hours).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I made fried rice today. Monday and Tuesday I made a bowl of Maypo, first time in all these years that I've tried it. First day I put too much salt (it said a pinch but I think I went overboard), Tuesday I didn't put any.

It's not bad. I always used to consider Maypo "the food my best friend next door eats".

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                            Yoplait Whips in Strawberry Mist. Let me just say all of the Yoplait Whips are so good that they feel a bit sinful. I love them. I think it's a texture thing.[...]
                            The Whips are incredibly good...esp. chocolate and the leche/caramel/whatever it's called. As good as a mousse afaic. At 150 calories it makes me wonder what the calorie damage would be if the containers were filled with the unwhipped product instead of being whipped and full of air! Still, they are one of my favorite treats as are the sugar free fudgesicles at 40 cals each! What's good about the latter is the sweetener is a sugar alcohol which, in quantity, causes gastrointestinal distress!!! There's no desire to eat more than one a day!

Back on topic...this morning I had 2 eggs over medium, sauteed mushrooms, 1/3 of a fresh papaya and a mug of green tea. I'm still full!

Comment

Bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

A bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red.

Comment

Working...
                                X