What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

A can of Starbucks Iced Coffee -Light-, tuna sandwich and a Spanish roll from Nanding's bakery.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Sun-dried tomato bagel, 24-oz Rockstar.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Peanut butter and pineapple/lilikoi preserves sandwich. Preserves are Aunty Lilikoi brand from Waimea on Kauai.

Comment

A jalapeno bagel with cucumber-dill cream cheese and a Diet Pepsi.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Chicken salad sandwich and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Today I had a granola bar and some seedless grapes.

But on Sunday, we went to IHOP, so I just wanted to share a gratuitous pancake shot:

Comment

Manapua and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

I had a cinnamon-sugar bagel and a bottle of water!!!!!
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Two Nutri-Grain blueberry cereal bars.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I had a cinnamon-sugar bagel and a bottle of water!!!!!
                      No doubt, you're on the bagel regimen. Does that come with a side of winks and smiles?
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        No doubt, you're on the bagel regimen. Does that come with a side of winks and smiles?
                        I've mentioned before that my school does not have a food service. This has been a good thing and a bad thing: When I remember to pack something good and healthy, I eat it joyfully because I'm starving by lunchtime and I'll eat whatever I've brought. When I'm not on it (more often than not, sadly), I'll hit 7-Eleven or (worse) the fast-food drive-through for breakfast AND lunch.

I needed a new option for this school year. Then I remembered the bagel place. It's run by a real HBA family. The owners sent five kids through that school, three of them while I was there and one of them when I taught there (I directed her in my first two school plays); also, the mom of this great family was a school employee for about twenty years. So it's a family I know very well, and I've always tried to support their efforts, from the day they opened their store in Waimalu through today, at their current location on Sand Island Access Road.

Anyway, not only are three bagels (breakfast, lunch, and, just in case, dinner) much, much cheaper than the drive-through, but I actually enjoy the food more. I will often bring a container of veggies to eat with the bagel at lunch, but I also have a jar of peanut butter and a bottle of honey in my desk for days when a plain bagel's not appealing and when I haven't packed anything else. I also have a few cans of tuna and a jar of mayo in the faculty fridge, 'though I haven't employed them for use on a bagel yet.

Three bagels cost less than three dollars all together, and I can't say yet that I've ever gotten tired of them. Plus, the bakery opens at 5:00 in the morning, which is about when I usually try to be on the road to school.

So a beautiful woman does have something to do with my current bagel phase, but it's not exactly what you think: She's known me since I was in seventh grade and is much more of an auntie-figure than almost anyone I can think of! She even gave me a free cookie last week!
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Almost as extensive as the pizza essay on ilind.net, and a lot more sensitive, too. Bagels are pretty wonderful stuff. Enjoy!!!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                            Almost as extensive as the pizza essay on ilind.net, and a lot more sensitive, too. Bagels are pretty wonderful stuff. Enjoy!!!
                            Pizza essay? I read ilind.net every day. Did I miss something? Or am I really getting that old? I do admit, however, that I sometimes skip past the cats. Maybe I skipped cats and pizza.

Trying to be on topic: this morning I had a banana. How boring is that?

Comment

A cinnamon-raisin bagel and a 24-oz Rockstar. Didn't get much sleep last night.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                                Pizza essay? I read ilind.net every day. Did I miss something? Or am I really getting that old? I do admit, however, that I sometimes skip past the cats. Maybe I skipped cats and pizza.

Trying to be on topic: this morning I had a banana. How boring is that?
                                It's a link on the left. Be prepared to spend some time, as the author left out no details.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X