What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

After eating the pulehu Kobe burger plate from Kiawe Grill, had so much veggies (kim chee, noodles, seaweed, mac salad, etc.) that I had 'em for breakfast; plus a papaya from 99 Food Court vegetable stand ($0.49 a pound for really ripe ones).
      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches from the HCC Cafeteria and a can of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

Comment

Started off with a bottle of Diet Pepsi but there was a gathering with extra food, so had some fried rice, scrambled eggs and some kind of sliced ham meat.

Comment

Fresh baked pineapple cornbread enveloping a chicken/apple/gouda sausage...and smothered with guava butter! It was all yum!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Fresh baked pineapple cornbread enveloping a chicken/apple/gouda sausage...and smothered with guava butter! It was all yum!
                OMG, that sounds fantastic! Where was that from... or did you prepare it yourself?

As for myself, I had a Banana Muffin from St. Germain, cup of yogurt (Brown Cow Cream Top), and coffee.
                Last edited by musubi; May 22, 2009, 01:41 PM. Reason: Added what I had for my own breakfast
                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
                  OMG, that sounds fantastic! Where was that from... or did you prepare it yourself?[...]
                  Self made and easy-sneezy!!!

Comment

Self made and easy-sneezy!!!
                    Can you share the recipe here? (Or is there a recipe thread?)
                    Would love to try it, especially since "easy-sneezy" fits my level of cooking ability!

Comment

Can you share the recipe here? (Or is there a recipe thread?)
                      Would love to try it, especially since "easy-sneezy" fits my level of cooking ability!
                      1 - 6.5 oz. pkg. cornbread mix (+ ingred. listed on pkg.)
                      1/3 cup canned, crushed pineapple, well drained
                      3 - designer sausages! (I use the ones mentioned above/from Costco/very thin casings, not chewy, so no need to remove)

Prepare cornbread according to pkg. directions, to include the pineapple.
                      Pour into a well greased, 8" square baking pan.
                      Evenly space the sausages and press them down 'til they touch the bottom of the pan. (I don't even bother to thaw them!)
                      Bake at temp. and time listed on the pkg. (I usually bake a little longer, 'til the top of the cornbread is lightly browned.)
                      You can smear on any topping you want, from mustard to fruit salsa to flavored cream cheeses or fruit curds. Or just eat as is.

This recipe will serve 3-6 depending on what else you might serve with it. I had a 6:30am inauguration breakfast at my place last Jan. and served this dish with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. It was a hit!

I freeze leftover, indiv. servings (minus the topping!) and nuke for a very quick breakfast.

Comment

breakfast (brunch, actually) was unforgiveably bad kim bap from the sushi/korean place in kaimuki shopping center.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

1 - 6.5 oz. pkg. cornbread mix (+ ingred. listed on pkg.)
                          1/3 cup canned, crushed pineapple, well drained
                          3 - designer sausages! (I use the ones mentioned above/from Costco/very thin casings, not chewy, so no need to remove)

Prepare cornbread according to pkg. directions, to include the pineapple.
                          Pour into a well greased, 8" square baking pan.
                          Evenly space the sausages and press them down 'til they touch the bottom of the pan. (I don't even bother to thaw them!)
                          Bake at temp. and time listed on the pkg. (I usually bake a little longer, 'til the top of the cornbread is lightly browned.)
                          You can smear on any topping you want, from mustard to fruit salsa to flavored cream cheeses or fruit curds. Or just eat as is.
                          Wow, I think I can do this!

Will have to try to get to Costco this weekend to see if they still have those chicken/apple/gouda sausages, they sounded so ono!

I had a 6:30am inauguration breakfast at my place last Jan. and served this dish with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. It was a hit!

I freeze leftover, indiv. servings (minus the topping!) and nuke for a very quick breakfast.
                          Sounds like you had an appropriately festive Inaugural celebration...Muy elegante!

Can't wait to try this!
                          Mahalo nui loa, tutusue! *hugs*

Comment

Wow, I think I can do this!

Will have to try to get to Costco this weekend to see if they still have those chicken/apple/gouda sausages, they sounded so ono!
                            [...][/COLOR]
                            Yep...an incredibly simple recipe.

Costco Kapolei had the sausages last week. The last time I was at Costco Iwilei was about a month ago and they had 'em. Package of 21 for about $13-14. They freeze just fine!

Comment

Whopper Jr, Burger Stacks and a cup of Diet Coke from Burger King.

Comment

Noodles, pot roast pork, black bean chicken and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Working...
                                X