The Departed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Departed

Awesome movie. I still prefer the chinese one, as the amercian one covers all 3 movies. It was great to see all these stars in one movie that didnt suck. It was a bit long, which is a common critique.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: The Departed

watched it on friday and enjoyed it, too.

i "liked" the ending, tho i wished that the last sucker would've suffered a bit longer!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Saw it last night...loved it.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Saw it this afternoon with Albert. From the TV previews I noticed that Martin Sheen was in this movie but it wasn't mentioned in the voice over. I was even more surprised that Alec Baldwin was in this movie.

It is a long movie to watch and in the beginning you have to be on your toes I couldn't tell the difference between Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon when they showed the scenes of them going thru the Police Academy.

Comment

I saw it last night, I normally like action movies. But The Departed wasn't very good. Plus I didn't like the surprise ending. It was rather weird.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

I deleted my comment.
            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
            "But I can't even read good."
            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
              I saw it last night, I normally like action movies. But The Departed wasn't very good. Plus I didn't like the surprise ending. It was rather weird.
              Well, in its defense, it's not exactly meant to be an action movie. None of Scorsese's movies are action movies. It's a gangster drama.

I saw it over the weekend. I liked it, but wasn't completely blown away by it, like a lot of people were. The acting was superb all the way around, and the ending was pretty satisfying. I usually hate Mark Wahlberg, but he stole every scene that he was in. Alec Baldwin was great, too.

My friend, who's originally from Boston, said that almost all the accents were dead-on, which I guess is pretty rare.

I recommend seeing it.

Comment

I saw the movie couple weeks ago.. and heres my take on it..

First It didnt look so good.. I was actually bored.. hoping it would pick up soon.. and it did like after 30 minutes or an hour or so. And Ive never been a big Leo fan.. hated him but after Gangs of New York, I started to be able to watch his movies lol.. and well in The Departed.. i think he was awesome in it. Totally loved him and his character. And the movie was so full of twists that you had to pay attention to it all the time so you wouldnt get lost in the plot.
                And I was shocked at the end.. I was like, THAT WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!
                but yeah after gettin out of the theater, the movie started to sink in and I liked it more and more every hour.. plus we had couple interesting convos about the movie..

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  My friend, who's originally from Boston, said that almost all the accents were dead-on, which I guess is pretty rare.

I recommend seeing it.
                  If I recall correctly, Markie Mark and someone else is from New York.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    Isn't Matt Damon from Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      If I recall correctly, Markie Mark and someone else is from New York.
                      Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both from the Boston area.

Comment

I wasnt listenin to the accent so closely...
                        but I say Marky Mark defi nailed it.. I was payin alotta attention to him cuz he's so cute :P

Comment

Saw this movie on AMC today. This time I paid attention to the academy scenes in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                          X