Affordable housing on Kahala Ave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Affordable housing on Kahala Ave?

Long before Caucasions, or Asians occupied Kahala there was a race of people called "Kanaka's" who originally inhabited this area. It is GREAT to see that the Hawaiians are "Back in Town" Mahalo Nui Loa / Domo Arigato Mr. Kawamoto!!

Aloha,
    Noelani Josselin

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
    That's a possibility. I'm a little surprised that none of Kawamoto's Hawai'i properties have been placed in a trust.

Comment

So, in the words of Random, the other shoe has finally dropped. Like I said very early in this thread, there would be lawsuits, and I guess it didn’t take long.

According to the Honolulu Advertiser, yesterday, the next-door neighbor of one of the tenants filed a personal injury lawsuit against Gensiro Kawamoto. And, not surprisingly, the cause of the tenant's injury was debris from a poorly maintained wall on the Kawamoto property. Attorney Richard Turbin has insulated himself from criticism, because he is only being a good neighbor by representing the very native Hawaiian tenant who Kawamoto placed next door to him.

Turbin, in the complaint, alleges that Ramirez suffered severe and permanent physical injuries, emotional distress and lost wages (past and present) as a result of negligence by Kawamoto.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

*bump*

Billionaire's Abandoned Homes Draw Attention

Comment

• The End?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          *bump*
          And it looks like Genshiro Kawamoto may have finally learned his lesson. Just thought I’d bring this thread some closure:

Japanese Billionaire Cleans Up Properties Under Threat of Tax Lien

Genshiro Kawamoto Moves to Clear Violations And Pay Fines

HONOLULU — Japanese Billionaire Genshiro Kawamoto has been moving to fix the mounting city violations and pay the fines that have been mounting on his luxury properties.

It took the city threatening to file tax liens to get the real estate mogul to finally start complying with city ordinances and correcting the violations.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
          X