Maui 4 Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui 4 Halloween

Yeah, im going with a group of kids from UH Hilo.
    I want to know if anyone lives in Maui or has knowledge of where some camp grounds are?

We will be renting a car or suv, depending on whats available on the 28th of October. So driving is okay, but should be close to the scene where the Halloween mayhem takes place...Im a little ignorant here.

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Maui 4 Halloween

No need a place to crash Brandon... (you planning an early evening?)

Just party all night and have fun...

Be safe and make sure you have a costume!

Comment

Damn bro, how do you respond so quickly?

We are staying 4 days, what do you mean "no place to crash" hahaha

Comment

Um, exactly where is this Halloween "mayhem" supposed to be taking place? Maui doesn't have many "legal" camp sites, and many of the state beach parks close at sunset (due to "mayhem"). You'd be better off renting a hotel room (and you'd be a whole lot safer, too).

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007 View Post
          Damn bro, how do you respond so quickly?

We are staying 4 days, what do you mean "no place to crash" hahaha
          Oh... I thought you were just going for that Day/Night...

4 days huh...??? Sorry... I don't know maui very well.

Comment

Maui - "Mardi Gras of the Pacific"

Yeah, well us poor folk can't afford 5 days in a Hotel. Maybe a Motel 6.

Safer in what way? I've camped in Baja dodging Banditos, I think that is more horrifying that a crab crawling on me. I kid I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              Oh... I thought you were just going for that Day/Night...

4 days huh...??? Sorry... I don't know maui very well.

No stay like da kine (weed) brah.
              ( I have some hawaiian friends now ) bwuahaha, im so white.

Comment

Maui Beach Hotel
                KAHULUI BAY, NEAR THE AIRPORT / KAHULUI
                The Maui Beach Hotel stands on the shores of Kahului Bay and is located just minutes away from shopping malls and the windsurfing capital of the world. more...
                Average
                Nightly Rate 31 Oct 1 Nov 2 Nov
                £57.36 £57.36 £57.36 £57.36
                http://uk.hotels.com/index.jsp;jsid=...U3t4KZe1a_I04q (link doesn't take you to what I found though)
                ( Only 5 rooms left! as of right now at this price)

Divide these nightly rates between 4 people and it's about $15.00 per person per night

Comment

You're going to be competing for space with homeless people (who sometimes can get a little "territorial" --if you know what I mean). There are only 2 campsites that I'm aware of that are run by the County on Maui:
                  one is at Kanaha Beach (down by the airport) in Kahului...it's very windy there and it's in the flightpath of the airplanes, but it does have real bathrooms and cold showers and BBQ pits. You have to get a permit and can only stay 3 consecutive nights and the camps are closed on the last Tues., Wed, and Thurs of the month. Here's the application form.

The other one is Launiopoko Beach in Lahaina, but it's not officially a campground and again, you'd have to compete with homeless people.

Miulang

P.S. That Maui Beach listing that Manoa gives you is actually very good because it's in Kahului and close to everything (unless your party is in Lahaina or upcountry).
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    P.S. That Maui Beach listing that Manoa gives you is actually very good because it's in Kahului and close to everything (unless your party is in Lahaina or upcountry).
                    That was just the cheapest listing... however, I believe Lahaina is where all the action is at on Maui for Halloween ... so he may have to drive there from the Hotel if he were to stay there....

No Real Cheap hotels I could find in Lahaina though.

Comment

Yeah, if they're going to be wasted after the party, then driving across the Pali at night would not be a very wise thing to do...

Miulang

P.S. The "Valley Isle Resort" (neva heard of da place befoa) still has rooms for $135/night. It's somewhere in Kaanapali, which would be closer than Kahului (and no drive over the dark Pali Hwy at night!).
                      Last edited by Miulang; October 10, 2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Good finds ...

Ill be checking in as soon as I get MY FEDERAL WORK STUDY PAYCHECK!!! ARGHH!!

Until then, I'll keep checking.

Thanks,

B

Comment

Here comes Keoki to close this thread! J/K! But it seems like I always come in when everybody gets ready to leave the thread? Maybe I just have really good timing at bad timing?

Anyways yeah Halloween on Maui specifically Lahaina is crazy! The close Fornt street to automobile traffic and people just walk up and down it. It's like maybe a mile stretch of road with people all dressed up in crazy costumes.

One of my only regrets living there for over 15 years is that I never went? Either I was still too young or by the time I could really enjoy myself at something like that I was already in Japan or Northern California doing way more crazier stuff on Uncle Sam's tab (USAF.)

But enjoy the pic's and if you Google 'Lahaina Halloween' you will get tons of more pictures from not only last year but I saw one from 1997?

Day time is usually for the kiddies but when it gets dark it gets crazier!
                          As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

We were at Front Street, Lahaina for Halloween in 2001. My first and only time. Arrived around sundown and left about 2am. They reserve a large grass field at the west end of Front Street for folks to park. It gets more and more raunchy (just like Waiks') after about 10pm when the nightclubbers start coming out. Of course, just about every bar along the way (just like Waiks) has some kind of costume contest. There was also a public costume contest ($1000 g. prize) at the Banyan Tree near Pioneer Inn.

Ideally you need to plan (book) at least 6 months in advance for this event. Folks come from all over the mainland for Lahaina's "Mardi Gras". We met a couple who flew all the way from Boston for it. On top of that, whale watching season is starting, adding to the influx of Maui visitors.

I highly doubt you'll find any hotel room vacancies this year come late October. Guaranz' even Maui Beach or the Seaside in Kahului is fully booked. Rental cars will probably be fully booked as well. We planned last-minute and luckily we were able to stay with family and by slim odds, got a rental car.

Here I am posing in front of a shop near Maui Brewing Co. in Kahana Gateway Center...

Pomai as Kikaida, Lahaina Maui, 2001

I'm wearing the costume here, but believe it or not, my girlfriend wore this on Front Street....

Hakaida's supposed to be this tough, macho, gun slinging villain, but with my girlfriend wearing it, Hakaida walked and talked like a Mahu. lol
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

Pomai as Kikaida, Lahaina Maui, 2001
                              I seem to recall a former avatar...

Comment

Working...
                              X