Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maui 4 Halloween

Brandon:
    Maybe the organizers of the Lahaina Halloween event heard you guys were coming , but they announced that they are going to try to tame things down a little at this year's event.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I can't see the tameing thing happening. The best they could probably do is to make sure the minors were off the streets before curfew but who knows?

I just don't see Maui County having enough personnel to tame the expected 20,000 attendants. Also the bars are so closely packed together down there so people could just bar hop from one to another and probably be wasted by the time you get to the end of the street. So containers (alcoholic) on the streets would probably be a non-issue.
      Last edited by keoki_sing; October 12, 2006, 07:28 PM.
      As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

Originally posted by keoki_sing View Post
        I can't see the tameing thing happening. The best they could probably do is to make sure the minors were off the streets before curfew but who knows?

I just don't see Maui County having enough personnel to tame the expected 20,000 attendants. Also the bars are so closely packed together down there so people could just bar hop from one to another and probably be wasted by the time you get to the end of the street. So containers (alcoholic) on the streets would probably be a non-issue.
        Well, put it this way: if the revelers can't behave themselves, the County might just tell Lahaina that it has to cancel the Halloween party completely next year, which is what they were about to do until the committee planning the event came up with some alternatives. Next year, maybe they won't be so lucky. Lahaina is NOT New Orleans.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I am going to compare Lahaina with Santa Barbara on Halloween. Ive lived through two of those rediculous 1 mile long block parties!

Comment

Any of you guys been to 6th Street in Austin, TX during Halloween? Craziness!

Comment

So, I booked the rental car reservation. But no set plans on the camping and hotel accomodation. We are wingin' this one.

Comment

Dude...that's the best way to go!

Just be safe...have fun... and realize you only live once!

Don't know how many people are going with you ... but you might want to plan a contingency plan in case you get seperated from each other.... ie; meet at the Hard rock at Midnight....etc...

Manoa

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  Dude...that's the best way to go!

Just be safe...have fun... and realize you only live once!

Don't know how many people are going with you ... but you might want to plan a contingency plan in case you get seperated from each other.... ie; meet at the Hard rock at Midnight....etc...

Manoa
                  Yeah, I am positive cell phones are out of the question too. 20,000 people on the network on one street is not going to fly.

Comment

We're coming from WHISTLER, BC Canada for Hallowe'en in Lahania. We'd love to find out where the actually party is.......maybe where the LOCALS will be at.

In Whistler, there's always a hidden party where only locals go. If anyone knows the scoop, fill us in.

Sureena and Jayne
                    Whistler, BC

Comment

Originally posted by sureeenahh View Post
                      We're coming from WHISTLER, BC Canada for Hallowe'en in Lahania. We'd love to find out where the actually party is.......maybe where the LOCALS will be at.

In Whistler, there's always a hidden party where only locals go. If anyone knows the scoop, fill us in.

Sureena and Jayne
                      Whistler, BC
                      Here is the official schedule of events.

FYI: You're going to be disappointed when I tell you that for the most part, LOCALS don't attend that festival. Who you're going to bump into are many others (approx. 20,000) who come to Lahaina from elsewhere to party. And if there was a local party, I seriously doubt the locals would want you to crash it.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                        And if there was a local party, I seriously doubt the locals would want you to crash it.

Miulang
                        Haha, yeah, in a nut shell.

Comment

Brandon:
                          You guys better make sure you behave yourselves on Tuesday night in Lahaina. There are going to be at least 99 police officers roaming around, keeping the peace.

Miulang

Comment

Ah no worries. We and the other 18,234 people there will as well. Haha. Ill get a picture of me in my costume, see if I can post it up on HT?

I am a tourist. An authentic one with all the goodies. Yeah its OG but whatever.

Comment

Have fun dude... and don't make ass of yourself.... Even though I know it might be tempting...

BTW... did you find your accomodations or are you guys just going to rough it?

Comment

just going man. post up wherever is legal I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X