Pancakes !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pancakes !

I remember having choclate chip pancakes at the old Yum Yum Tree at Ward Centre.

Been a long time since I had pancakes and if I do it's at McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Well, he was a Looney Tunes guy; not a Disney guy. However, my mom was a Disney gal so maybe he was keeping her happy with his caricature of Mickey Mouse instead of Bugs Bunny!
      Mickey's head and ears are round; Bugs' are elongated. Try making elongated pancakes by hand. Your dad was no fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Mickey's head and ears are round; Bugs' are elongated. Try making elongated pancakes by hand. Your dad was no fool.
        Exactly!!! I almost mentioned the degree of difficulty between the 2 in my post above but hit submit instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          I'm very curious about this Mac Nut "sauce" you're talkin' about here. Does this mean it's thinner or thicker than syrup? Or that it's not sweet like syrup? Is there a distinctive Macadamia Nut flavor or is it just suttle? Sounds ono!

I'm pretty heavy-handed with syrup (and margarine, not butter) when it comes to pancakes and waffles. Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth, REAL Maple, Coconut syrup.. my plate looks more like syrup with a pancake IN it.

I actually don't eat pancakes much, which explains why that huge bag of Krusteaz Pancake Mix we bought from Costco nearly a year ago is still half full. Good stuff though. Easy to cook; just add water - and in my case, sliced Bananas - then drop in non-stick pan. Comes out perfectly golden, fluffy 'n tasty every time.

it has the consistency or look of melted butter when it gets all frothy... its really gooood!

Comment

Mmmm pancakes. Kerbey Lane in Austin, TX makes some great apple pancakes, and you can't beat the size/price ratio. They also sell jugs of the batter which were most prized gifts from people visiting from there.

Morning Galaxy in Waikiki had some awesome pineapple pancakes, as well as mac nut pancakes.

For my money some of the best pancakes I ever had were actually from a hotel restaurant at a Smokey Mountains state park. Can't remember the name now.

But yeah, IHOP is right up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
              I like pecans in my pancakes.

And crusty edges (made from oil/butter) are a must have for me. That's my favorite part.
              I agree with you on this one! I miss pecan pancakes. Mac nut pancakes just aren't the same.

I also love blueberry pancakes--with real blueberries and lots of 'em!

Comment

Man! Rocky's Banana Pancakes got to be the best. In Waipahu.

Oki Diner in Lihue makes great banana pancakes too.

Comment

Koa Pancake house in Kaneohe on Kahuhipa by Windward Mall has great pancakes at a great price. Their early bird specials are cheap.

Comment

French pancakes (crepes)

Mix or blend together: six eggs, two cups of flour, two cups of milk, a pinch of salt, one cup of water and 3/4 cup of oil. Let it sit for at least an hour, or several days in the fridge...if it is too thick, add a bit more water. Heat a pan very hot, wipe it with a greased paper towel, and pour on a kadleful of batter, tipping the pan in order to swirl the batter evenly around. Fry til brown, turn, fry the other side. Top with sugar, lemon, jam, nutella, or whatever and fold or roll to eat. You can also top with any sort of white sauce and cheese or vegetable or meat, fold, fry or bake, and eat. Or fold with nothing inside, then put butter and sugar in a pan, melt, add cointreau and the crepes, and simmer for a bit, flambé them, and serve with vanilla ice cream. Or cut rolled up crepes into slivers and pour boiling chicken stock over them, sprinkle with parsley, and have pancake soup.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X