Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoke that crack!

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
    I just don't see why people find it necessary to use drugs, be they legal or illegal. Why are so many so willing to pay money for a product, regardless of its cost, that at most, does absolutely nothing good for a person other than to produce a short-lived feeling of euphoria that ultimately dissipates, leaving an addict yearning for more and more of it? Man..what a racket! A product like that is one I'm going to avoid at all costs.
    Surfingfarmboy, You know I love you. As a Recovering Addict I have told my story many times. I don't need to repeat myself. Illegal Drugs is a disease. There are many reasons why people choose to partake. Bottom line ~ it is all the same. It destroys Lives.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I guess it boils down to the fact that many people simply don't have the willpower or discipline to live a life free from drugs. I truly wish that all dope users had the power to realize that life can be better lived without drugs.

I live a life free from alcohol, nicotine, and any mind-altering drug. The only drug I use the one my body makes on its own while running 10Ks and marathons....endorphine.

I can say with surety that by avoiding drugs, I'm not missing anything...I have no desire to get "high", or "escape from reality for just awhile" by consuming a cocktail....I, as well as my saving account and wallet, do just fine without drugs.

Quite frankly, I just don't understand why others have that constant desire..or need..to get buzzed.
      Your self-righteousness just oooooozes out of that post.

Quite frankly, I just don't understand why others have that constant desire..or need..to run long distances.

But that's just me.

You don't want to drink or smoke or do drugs... fine. But when you say people "lack willpower or discipline" because they decide to, your insulting them only does a disservice to advancing your own point of view.

Comment

Bottom line: Drugs who sole purpose for existing, which is to temporarily alter the mood of a user's consciousness, suck. Idiots unable to face reality drug-free, addicted to the temporary highs these drugs produce, and are willing to continue using them in spite of the damage they do their bodies (which I really don't care about) while ignoring the documented residual effects their use has on innocent others, suck even more.

In closing this mini-rant, I want to say that when I finally die, I hope I go to Hell so I can ruthlessly torment, for all eternity, the S.O.B. drunk driver who killed the best thing that ever happened to me and ultimately changed my life forever. I've got a score to settle with that irresponsible drug-using bastard, who got away with murder.

Comment

Surfingfarmboy... you know I like you...

What about Coffee? Doesn't Coffee temporarily alter the mind?
          What about Caffeinated Drinks...

If were talking about altering physical states.... wouldn't Ben Gay sportscreme count as some sort of alternative relief?

You know I'm playing with you SFB... you know I like you... However... if this is a discussion about all drugs.... shouldn't Coffee count too??? It's mind/body effects alter ones perceptions at times...or how about all caffeinated drinks?

Is caffeine a drug?

Comment

Yeah, caffeine is a drug, but its users don't hurt anybody but themselves when they use it. I can't think of any serious residual effect on innocents by some one drinking coffee or a Pepsi. When was the last you read a headline in the S-B or Advertiser: "Driver high on caffeine kills two in collision on Kunia Road"? BTW, caffeine IS a controlled substance that is considered a performance enhanser whose use is governed by the USTAF body in track and field events; there is only so much of it that can be in an athlete's body at any time..usually about the amount found in cup of coffee. As for me and coffee...I hate coffee...I've never been able to drink it. I drink Coca-Cola and Pepsi, preferably caffeine-free.

Ben-Gay and other sport creams? Any effects they produce, in my opinion, are in one's mind. They are harmless..again, users of Ben Gay generally don't kill or negatively affect others by using, save for the smell of using it. But really...let me ask..are you somehow equating the use of Ben-Gay as potentially being on the same level as someone smoking crack or shooting-up heroin?

Comment

Just to joke with you for a second then...

Are you a "user" of Caffeine?

Do you drink coffee.... I mean god forbid.... I don't.... I don't wanna pass judgement that those that do....

I mean who should pass judgement on those that choose coffee as their "need" for something to get up in the morning....

I myself would just prefer a shower.
              Last edited by damontucker; October 15, 2006, 01:48 AM.

Comment

No...I do not drink coffee ( I hate coffee ) or beverages with caffeine in them if I can avoid it...if I'm at a restaurant and caffeinated Coke is the only cola available, and I want cola, I will drink it. But I highly doubt that I, nor anyone else who drinks Coke or coffee, are going to place innocents in any kind of danger through irresponsible use of it, like the way drinking alcohol has done so countless times. Caffeine, to my knowledge, does not affect the ability of its users to function in a way that can be potentially harmful to others.

Bottom line: Drugs like cocaine, heroin, and ice suck and their users suck even more.

BTW, Manoa...I'll be in town in short time...I'm hoping to meet up with you and other HT'ers and see you in the flesh...I'll even go so far as to push it and buy you a Jamba Juice with (heaven forbid) a supplement added!

Now it's time for me and go run a few miles in training for the upcoming Honolulu Marathon...God help the citizens of Rhode Island from this endorphine-crazed runner who is an obvious threat to the safety of the Ocean State!

Comment

BTW, Manoa...I'll be in town in short time...I'm hoping to meet up with you and other HT'ers and see you in the flesh...I'll even go so far as to push it and buy you a Jamba Juice with (heaven forbid) a supplement added!
                  Ok Surfingfarmboy... I take you up on the Juice...

but you opened up a whole new can of worms....

Supplements!!!!

If your training.... and in shape.... why need supplements.

Just giving you crapola.... I couldn't even run a 1/4 marathon at this stage of my life..... but... this is an all drugs related thing.... aren't supplements considered drugs in a sense?

Comment

Bottom line: Drugs who sole purpose for existing, which is to temporarily alter the mood of a user's consciousness, suck. Idiots unable to face reality drug-free, addicted to the temporary highs these drugs produce, and are willing to continue using them in spite of the damage they do their bodies (which I really don't care about) while ignoring the documented residual effects their use has on innocent others, suck even more.
                    Well, I'm an idiot. I Suck (cough,cough) cause like or not...I am a recovering Drug Addict! I am not proud of it but it is a fact. My skeletons are there in my closet ready to pounce on me if I dare to forget it.

My reasons to partake was stupid I admit....but the fact is I did. I wasted precious years and money on Illegal DrugS - Cocaine! I can't remember how it tasted or how I felt. Dang! All the time I got high...I can't remember nuttin!

Yeah, Randy. I'm Ignorant and I'm Dumb. Remind me, the next time your'e in Honolulu for the Marathon. I'm sure you don't wanna hang around in the company of a LOSER!

Oh...wait. You can't. Email me. Neva mind. Don't bother.

Lynn Vasquez

Btw: For anyone else who met me or don't know me...please do not judge me by my past. It is of my past that makes me who I am today. Mahalo.
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; October 15, 2006, 06:51 AM.

Comment

What do you want me to say, Lynn? I am sincerely apologizing to you as I see you have construed what I said in a way I didn't mean them to be construed.

The fact is I have a genuine dislike of those who willingly continue to partake in using drugs to get recreationally high, in a manner completely irresponsible to others. I think I have a right to this dislike. The killer of a girl I once loved dearly is still living his life in California, while Vicki's cremated remains sit in an urn on Okinawa. I am a victim of someone's irresponsible use of a killer drug. I imagine I will be angry, in one way or another, for the rest of my life on this Earth. Try to understand that.

You may have once been a drug user, and in my mind, you were formerly engaging in an activity that was outrageously stupid, irresponsible, and put in peril too many innocent others. But as you've stated, you're NOT anymore...so tell me please, how does this make you currently stupid? You've corrected your past mistakes, and have since moved on. That seems pretty intelligent to me.

I commend you for making the right choice and deciding to live a sober life. I'd also like to add that had you never brought to light your past drug usage, (and through your blog, as I had already known) I would have never known that you were a former addict. You can choose to bring this part of your past up all you like, but as far as I'm concerned that part of your life is history. Why is that part of your life pertinent now? You're not an addict anymore.

I truly hope you reconsider your decision to omit yourself from the list of HT'ers I hope to visit this December. I was (and still am) looking forward to seeing you again, and I think it would be sad that you decided against it happening over a difference of opinion.

Malama pono,

Randy Shaffer
                      The Surfingfarmboy

Comment

You may have once been a drug user, and in my mind, you were formerly engaging in an activity that was outrageously stupid, irresponsible, and put in peril too many innocent others. But as you've stated, you're NOT anymore...so tell me please, how does this make you currently stupid? You've corrected your past mistakes, and have since moved on.
                        Randy, My sympathy on your loss of Vicki. The loss of a loved one is never forgotten. I, too suffered a loss of a love one through Ice. He didn't die but the pain is still there. I've moved on. I also know many who succumbed to Drugs and lost their lives too.

Why do I continue on bringing up my Past? I will always be an Addict. A Recovering Addict. I continue to share my Story in hopes that someone out there will read and learn from my mistakes. Yes, it has helped many. I have recieved emails from all over the world from helping others through my Stories not only on drugs but also on Mental Illness.

I am Me. Love me for who I am ~ mistakes and all. Das all I ask.

Every Saturday when I help feed the Homeless I dare not judge anyone. The truth Randy, I fight my Demons everyday. It could take something to trigger me and drive me to partake again.

Love and Aloha

Lynn Vasquez

Comment

Working...
                        X