Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai`i Syndrome?

Originally posted by christa View Post
    Jamacia! I’ve heard horror stories upon horror stories about that place. From knife-point robberies to a “taxi driver” that took my friend to a remote apartment building to rob him. I’ll never go there.
    You didn't hear the Jamaica story about random people who throw acid at other people?

Comment

Originally posted by surfphotog View Post
      the only problem I had with oahu when I was there was the food, been living in Japan for 6 years now, I had to order kids meals everything else was enough to feed me for a week.
      Hah, I had the exact opposite problem when I visited Japan. We went to McDonald's, and I had to get the LL combo with an extra drink sometimes

My co-worker went to Japan later and bought 5 cheeseburgers in Narita Airport, also at McD's. The workers actually came over to watch him eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaInMichigan View Post
        I have the same problem, a great vacartion in Hawai'i, then the pull of the islands every day since. Anyone have an opinion on the book "So You Want to Live in Hawai'i" by Toni Polancy? I read through some of it (had it on library loan, had to give it back) and found it rather informative. The history and civic issues are fascinating to me, even though I'm haole. Thoughts from any residents?

oh yeah, and Pua'is insect guide... good stuff.

I don't live in Hawaii, but I own that book and loaned it to my daughter. She's thinking about going to Law School in Hawaii, which isn't quite the same as planning to live there permanently. It's a great reality check for anyone thinking about moving to Islands. It has lots of basic information on the economy and political history of Hawaii. I would also love to hear local perspectives.

Blessings*

Barb

Comment

Working...
        X