Pumpkin Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pumpkin Patch

Two years ago Kid 1 got this pumpkin that dad carved up. This was the night before Halloween. Today, Kid 2 got to go to the Aloun Pumpkin Patch, and her pumpkin is at school for carving tomorrow. But I thought I'd share this picture tonight. Have a Happy Halloween everyone!
    Last edited by lavagal; January 15, 2008, 02:06 PM.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hey everyone! Love all of your pics. I'm gonna add one of my son and the giant pumpkin. This was taken at Half Moon Bay, California 10/2002. They have an annual giant pumpking growing contest and festival there. We got lucky one year when we went to one of the pumpkin patches. The grand prize winner and his 1,000+ pound pumpkin were visiting his friends at the pumpkin farm we were at.

pumpkin.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        two days ahead for us means "compost".
        Okay, okay...there was this one time I carved a pumpkin at my Grandma's house in Kaneohe (couple days before Halloween). So, as the day gets closer-
        this strange smell arises from out of nowhere. Grandma says "Probably a dead mongoose under the house." Mom says "I bet its the fish bones from last night." So we check, and check everywhere, and cannot find where this smell is coming from....Finally, I go to check my jack-o-lantern and sure enough, It was oozing this awful brown slop smelling gunk and it was all over the counter, mold was growing inside...you get the picture.... yuck. I thought raw, rotten potatoes smelled bad, but this OMG!! Even a whole can of Glade wouldn't take away that smell!!!

Comment

this post made me close my eyes for a moment and hearken back to my own childhood.

Gramma never did the carving pumpkin thing. But her DIL (my mother) insisted we try this, and bought a pumpkin. So my mom carved her pumpkin, but my gramma didn't see the point.

To make a long story short, the ladies didn't communicate very well. Just because my mother got to carve her pumpkin, she didn't convey the need to leave it there on the porch until dark...for that halloween night we had pork and pumkin for dinner and a big fight between those two ladies for dessert.

pax

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...d=ansmsnfood11

There are always sweet potato, custard, or pecan.

Comment

These look and last better
              https://www.yahoo.com/makers/pumpkin...772704011.html
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
              X